It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about google earth sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
Maybe a silly question but, why is it when you search for earth in google earth sky, you get no results?

Google earth sky?

do you have a link?

there is a Google earth

and

there is a google sky.

They are part of the google websites but one is for viewing earth and one is for viewing the sky.

because he's stating the obvious, im not thick i know google earth has earth moon mars etc just would be nice to see earth as im flying around in google sky

No you seem to not to know that earth, sky, moon , mars are all separate sites with different web addressees.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

same as i would say google earth mars or google earth moon, i say google earth sky cuz it aint google sky, its google earth sky, does this make it easier for you small brain, google earth (sky)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dan121212

i say google earth sky cuz it aint google sky, its google earth sky,

so why not link to this Google earth sky?

here are links to the separate sites that you seem to think are one and the same

www.google.com.au...

and earth

www.google.com...

mars

www.google.com...

and so on.

If you are using Google sky you can view the.... wait for it.....

the sky.

like others have explained when you look at the sky you are looking away from the earth.

does this make it easier for you small brain, google earth (sky)

NO,

it makes you look stupidz cuz yuz arz Google sky.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

wow, don't you know google earth also has a mars, sky and moon option?
edit on 4122017 by dan121212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You may like to Google "Dunning-Kruger effect". That's you, that is.

I think it applies to a few on this site.

(post by dan121212 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

edit on 4122017 by dan121212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Is it an option or as link to the sites Google sky, mars and so on?

So instead of linking you are just going keep posting rubbish about our small brains?

im not even talking about google sky, im talking about the sky option in google earth wow tard much

tard?

what other childish nonsense can you post?

How about none and simply post a link to your google sky earth uranus

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

you really need a link for google earth?

(post by dan121212 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Have you tried using this Stellarium it's a free download.

You can view Earth from any planet or asteroid or even comets you can speed up and slowdown time, I even watched it simulate the 2017 Solar Eclipse as it passed over the USA from my viewpoint on the Moon.

I use it to plan for night shots as it will accurately show the postitions of the stars and planets from any location on Earth.

You can also track ISS,HUBBLE & other satellites.

edit on 5-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

you really need a link for google earth?

please stop being so purposely obtuse.

There is no way anyone can misinterpret the simplicity of what I am asking.

Why would I need a link for Google earth when I provided you one.

Showing you that earth, sky, mars as far as I know are different sites.

You say

I asked if you can post a link to show its an option and not a link to the other sites.

can you do so?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Menu bar along the top look for the sphere with the ring round it the little black triangle gives you the option.

edit on 5-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

edit on 5-12-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: intrptr

Hubble tracks by using reaction wheels and thrusters to move itself — its whole self, the entire telescope — just like that tracking system for the camera on the shuttle was moving the entire camera.

You really can’t move a part of the insides of the Hubble (instead of moving the entire Hubble) to track the Earth that is appearing to move so fast under it.

The objects that Hubble images are so far away that the apparent motion between Hubble and the object is so slight that tracking orientation would be slow movements.

But movements, nonetheless. Accomplished with fine servo step motors, computer controlled, for long exposures. For short exposures (like towards earth) with precision shutters and tracking , also computer controlled....very possible.

Hubble has a maximum slew rate of about 0.1 degrees per second (equal to 0.00175 rad/s quoted in this link: www.dept.aoe.vt.edu... ). That is about 8 times slower than the angular velocity of the ground passing below the telescope, so Soylent was right. Motion blurring would be a significant issue. Hubble is an extremely long focal length instrument, its "wide field" UV/Visible light camera has an angular resolution of about 0.0395 arcseconds per pixel or about 1.1*10^-5 degrees per pixel. If it were slewing at its maximum slew rate while trying to track a point on the ground directly below the telescope, that point would move from one pixel to the next pixel in about 0.000016 seconds. Given that Hubble has a very slow f ratio of f/24, you would find it impossible to get a clear picture even in daylight; the ground beneath Hubble would be smeared by its orbital motion so fast that the entire field of view of its WFC3 camera will have shifted from one end of the CCD to the opposite end in less than a tenth of a second.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

because he's stating the obvious, im not thick i know google earth has earth moon mars etc just would be nice to see earth as im flying around in google sky

See the earth as viewed from where? The location of the Earth would vary depending on from where in the sky (and even when) you were viewing.

I mean, Google sky is not like some huge single image of the sky taken from Hubble in which the earth would happen to get in the way of the image. As has been said already, Google sky is made up of a large number of smaller images -- images that are NOT all from Hubble, but also from ground-based telescopes.

The images from the ground-based telescopes would not show the Earth (they would be looking up at the sky). Images from Hubble I suppose COULD (in theory) include Earth, but then again the question would be that since Hubble orbits earth, the Earth could be in an infinite number of locations relative to Hubble at the moment each image was taken.

And even if you wanted to put the earth in for reference, as I mentioned above you would also need to input a location in space from which you are looking at earth. Are you looking from Hubble? From the Moon? From mars? Are you looking at the position of earth relative to those places "right now", or at the position of the earth yesterday, or tomorrow, or whenever (pick a time).

And even then, as was also already mentioned, Hubble is in relatively low Earth orbit (about 350 miles up), so the earth would fill most of your view of the Sky if you were looking towards Earth (assuming that Hubble could actually take a clear picture of earth, which it can't due to the optics and relative motion).

edit on 5/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceXIsReal

Ground tracking cameras 'slew' missile launches just fine, with video. Missile warhead homing and guidance do even better at tremendous 'slew'.

Always tickled by all the negative answers. Instead of trying to figure out how it could be done, that is.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

OK then, explain how it would be done on Hubble.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

OK then, explain how it would be done on Hubble.

More deflection. Like I said, the secrets crew comes out to deny it, instead of trying to figure how it could be done.

Its merely suspicious conjecture, heightened by abject denial. Since I know I won't get that kind help on ATS...

now I'm done here, too.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So you've had it explained to you in some detail why what you propose for Hubble wouldn't work, but when you insist it's possible can't be bothered to provide anything to back it up?

Bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join