It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Just Found a Loophole in Graphene That Could Unlock Clean, Limitless Energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: dfnj2015

Gonna be honest here, I know of multiple very serious efforts ongoing by groups racing headlong to be the first to indisputably and repeatably produce a viable Maxwell's demon, which this would be kinda by default too...

Far too many extremely intelligent people are privately and quietly admitting that in their professional opinions it's now only a matter of time until we see the first caged Maxwell's demons start to appear.

Oh and lol @ the usual suspects and their... I don't get it so it must be wrong bs

Its allready been done using lasers. Problem is it takes more energy to create the gateway then you get in energy. The other problem is you need to collect information and in doing so increase entropy.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Your track record of posting ridiculous claims with zero evidence to back them up is... impressive, i guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This is a few different efforts none of which uses lasers afaik. Think whole gangs of really small individual units each of which is constantly harnessing one of those bizarre miniscule phenomena or interactions we find more and more of where the equations say x should happen but y happens at an order of magnitude greater degree than it "should"....

I'm talking the weird little effects that don't scale up or down and are just there to drive the theory guys to alcoholism, or so it seems.

Even if someone successfully gets a verifiable and repeatable Maxwell's demon any of these ways though there's a fairly high chance that the resulting devices won't be anywhere near economically viable etc...

The guys working on this stuff all freely acknowledge that.

Their thinking though is that the first task is to get something which is repeatable and solidly verifiable which they can then have others confirm.

You know like actual real science is done!

If or when they get the above accomplished, they intend to worry about making it practical.

This is as it should be IMO

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Your track record of whining about not being spoon fed is... Pathetic, no guessing about it

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Ok for not using lasers like you claim how doyou explain this?

www.extremetech.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Reminds me of the "No He3 on earth" thing... followed by myself and several members proving it wrong, only for there to be a massive backtrack after a fair bit of arrogance. Appears to have never heard of laser cooling it would seem, which as you point out, is essentially a maxwell's demon type deal.

roguetechie i should write down a list of things you claim to have worked on or know people working on... because, yeah for the amount of 'secrets' you claim to know, you appear to throw them around in a very non-secretive manner aaaaaaaaaand, given how 'alive' you are, i quite doubt any of it is true, given how you yourself claim people are treated when their secret tech gets too close to public knowledge.

Regardless, its an interesting result although i think the presentation is sensationalized and there are several effects that i can think of that could be occurring to produce this kinda 'power' that said its not obvious how any of it can be usefully extracted given that its microscopically thermal from what appears to be presented

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So they can make a small electric current from the thermal fluctuations.
OK but its not "free energy", but it could be useful, for extracting extra energy where you have excess heat that would otherwise be wasted.

Graphene is really useful in its use as a supercapacitor (especially when this will be applied to electric cars).
Also rolled up graphene in the form of carbon nanotubes can be used to form microscopic superconducting wires.
It's wonderful stuff!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

They should have had graphene supercapacitors years ago maybe even the 1940's.
Perhaps there is some reason they can't market it?
If they use a limiting substrate in the manufacture the discharge rate could be reduced to a safe level.
People like Musk who have invested billions in Lithium technology would probably go out of business overnight, so maybe that is the reason?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
imo some zitter bewegung is not exploitable to produce free energy.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yeah I'm referring to another group(s) also working at producing a "Maxwell's demon" using other means...

So I meant exactly what I said, and in fact spoke correctly because IF you can make them there's absolutely NOTHING saying that there's only one way to do so!

Matter of fact, IF they can be done chances are that there's a very large number of ways to make them!

But, then again, I know what a "Maxwell's demon" actually is while you pretty obviously do not.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

Lol this is hardly secret considering it's very publicly discussed on an "alternative energy blog" ran by guys who are kinda efamous for their running battles with Sterling Allen of PESN.com over the years. (Aka the guys working to keep people from getting scammed by actively working to verify or debunk the claims of the characters sterling would promote)

Do I talk to some of these people in email and occasionally get some answers that aren't broadcast on their very public websites?

Yup

Do I ever divulge any of that?

Nope LOL

That's why people still tell me s***!

Reading comprehension is your friend...

Google fu is LIFE!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: rickymouse
If they discovered a loophole, they better get a lawyer, that is their specialty.

The dems want to close it.

Free energy is unfair to minorities, no more jobs.

Jobs are unfair to minorities. Free energy benefits all. No more Illuminati bankers ruling the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join