It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Will You Save Under The New Tax Plan ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: Blue_Jay33
There's another question that is perhaps more relevant...how much will your quality of life decline under the new tax plans? How much will infrastructure decay? How much more expensive will health care be? How much stuff that the government normally provides will see cuts?

You're looking at this from the "glass half empty" perspective. The cynical view.
Is it?

Yes, because your perspective is from someone who enjoys a great deal of government interaction with your life.

Most citizens of the United States resist government interfacing with our lives as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

There's another question that is perhaps more relevant...how much will your quality of life decline under the new tax plans? How much will infrastructure decay? How much more expensive will health care be? How much stuff that the government normally provides will see cuts?

You're looking at this from the "glass half empty" perspective. The cynical view.
Is it?

Yes, because your perspective is from someone who enjoys a great deal of government interaction with your life.
Most citizens of the United States resist government interfacing with our lives as much as possible.
Yes. I've taken note of the heath care system. These interstates are no screaming hell, either.

I see a relationship between fair taxation and a good quality of life. You see it as government intervention. Yet I'm the cynic?
Sure thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Is it?

Yes. I've taken note of the heath care system. These interstates are no screaming hell, either.

I see a relationship between fair taxation and a good quality of life. You see it as government intervention. Yet I'm the cynic?
Sure thing.

I don't see any relationship between quality of life and taxation, "fair" (whatever the hell that is) or not.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Is it?

Sure thing.

I don't see any relationship between quality of life and taxation, "fair" (whatever the hell that is) or not.

Surely you can't mean that. Here's a little exercise for ya - close your eyes for a minute and imagine your city/community without tax dollars working.

Yikes! Watch out for those pot holes! No traffic lights, shoot, somebody just ran through the four-way stop and hit my car. I need to call the police--- oh wait. Need to cross the bridge to get to the hospital? Wait! Where's the bridge? For that matter, where's the hospital? and on. and on. You need to talk to the mayor about these issues. Oops. There's not a mayor, remember?

Can't tell the difference huh? You better think again.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Is it?

Sure thing.

That's pretty funny. Must have good schools out your way.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

but your numbers suggest you pay basically nothing in taxes...

False. $8,061 federal income tax for 2016. For some that may be "basically nothing", not me.

So, no. Neither plan (nor the Taxenstein version which will end up on the president's desk) will do me much good. I understand that it will do others better though, and I'm not one to bitch about how others do better than I but I also understand that it will increase the deficit. I wonder what the Republicans have in mind about how to correct that.

edit on 12/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I’d save $4,900 under the House plan!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Is it?

Sure thing.

Surely you can't mean that. Here's a little exercise for ya - close your eyes for a minute and imagine your city/community without tax dollars working.

Yikes! Watch out for those pot holes! No traffic lights, shoot, somebody just ran through the four-way stop and hit my car. I need to call the police--- oh wait. Need to cross the bridge to get to the hospital? Wait! Where's the bridge? For that matter, where's the hospital? and on. and on. You need to talk to the mayor about these issues. Oops. There's not a mayor, remember?

I haven’t seen such an epic post in a long time.

Bravo, Angel!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes we need to pay taxes to our local community, to keep all that going, what we don't need to pay is more federal tax so that they can waste it on empire building occupational forces all over the earth, in another words most common folk don't want to waste there tax dollars on the globalist ideology. Ron Paul always had the right idea, scale everything back, I remember him saying how the country could save billions and reduce taxes.

Just look at the blood & treasure wasted on the Iraq adventure in futility, Afghanistan is no better, billions wasted on that stupidity.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Personally, I don’t really put a blind faith into the biggest corporations trickling down instead of hoarding upwards.
Because historically, that hasn’t been the case.

Except for the entire history of america, you're correct. So simply put: WRONG.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm in the top 10%. I'll pay more.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I saved more under first version but I will still be very happy with any break.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A small group of people claiming to represent us, who are deciding how much of our life we owe them, is pretty fd up if you think about it.

I haven't run the "please don't revolt" calculator, but I have heard about the anti-investment capital gains tax change for real estate.

Not a fan.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Is it?

Sure thing.

Close your eyes and imagine a paper I have drawn a number on is as valuable as say 39% of your 70 year more, or less lifespan.

Wait, nevermind, your already doing it with them open......carry on, my bad
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: phonetypingishard

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes we need to pay taxes to our local community, to keep all that going, what we don't need to pay is more federal tax so that they can waste it on empire building occupational forces all over the earth, in another words most common folk don't want to waste there tax dollars on the globalist ideology. Ron Paul always had the right idea, scale everything back, I remember him saying how the country could save billions and reduce taxes.

Just look at the blood & treasure wasted on the Iraq adventure in futility, Afghanistan is no better, billions wasted on that stupidity.

I can get behind that logic. Let's go one better...

Taxes can be waived in lieu of community service.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We (wife, son, myself and the one that's on the way) aren't rich (by our view) be we stand to contribute about $3,500 less to the system that doesn't spend our monies wisely now.

I consider that a good thing.

Note: I was redirected here from another thread so no, I haven't read all the comments here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join