It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if your signifigant other spit in your face?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You don't understand the game at all!

The spitter is a narcissist. He has little or no self esteem and absolutely no empathy. His life is about playing games with other people's heart to satisfy his narcissistic feed.

He starts the relationship by overwhelming his victim with his perfection. He claims to love her and does everything to prove it. As his victim relaxes and submits herself to a man, that she thinks is perfect and loves her, he is setting her up for a lifetime of pain and confusion. with only one goal. His goal is to feed his ego. If he can groom her into staying despite the abuse, he is assuring himself that he is superior.

The victim needs help. She is confused and is unable to understand what happened to her perfect partner. The narcissist will always return to loving perfection enough to convince that his behavior is normal. He will convince her that she is less in all ways. He will complain about having to put up with all her imperfections and how their relationship would be perfect, if only she wasn't such a flawed human being.

I know all this is true because the victim had to call someone and actually confirm that the spitting was unusual and abnormal. People that have not been brain washed KNOW that spitting is abnormal and that its time to escape.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: AMPTAH

So, despite whatever is going on in their marriage that I’m not privy to, she deserved getting spit in the face?

Gotcha

I don't know about "deserved".

When two people interact, they have their own way of communicating.

One husband might put her out of the house, another file for divorce, yet another might just smile at her and say "Yes, honey, don't do what I say, do whatever you like. I'll still love you no matter what you do. Now get me some coffee."

She provoked it to instigate something. Gotcha!

Don't be blind. She obviously knew he would react negatively to her actions. I'll bet this isn't the first time.

I will not stay out of it bc if she told me, she wanted me to be involved on some level.

That's ok. You get involved, that ruins their marriage. Maybe that would be for the best. She probably should be a single gal, anyway, doing her own thing, not having to consider the other partner's feelings, just her own. That's what it looks like from here.

If she doesn’t want me to do anything, she will tell me to butt the hell out.

Maybe she want's out, needs an excuse, and is goading you to get involved to rend the marriage apart, so she can blame you and him for the mess she caused, and feel psychologically distant from the events.

Women know how to get one man to do their dirty work, when dealing with other men.

It's all manipulation.

Women beat men at manipulation every time. All men have is "anger". But, women use their "weakness" to their advantage, to set one man's anger onto another angry man, and stay clear of the blows.

Be manipulated.

You're a guy, that's your destiny.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

sorry, i couldn't let your reply stand because it's just completely assholish. you don't know a damn thing about anyone in that type of situation. but go ahead and make women the supreme evil in every situation, i bet that's working out really well for you.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What would you do if your signifigant other spit in your face

I'd say, "You're right mistress, I'm a dirty boy", and get back to polishing her boots.

What? How hard is that?

(if anything, it would break the tension....)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
he obviously can't control his emotions or temper. Just illustrates his immaturity.
Seems to be a control freak as well.
Nasty situation. Hope things improve for your Sister.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Just seeing this thread for the first time and wondering how your sister is? If it were me, I'd have had to make an exit plan.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

What?! This is something no one should handle! This relationship is over for me

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

What would you do if your signifigant other spit in your face?

I'd assume they were on Zanax and walk the other way. I don't know #... who endures that?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Spitting in someone’s face is disgusting and I think a beating is due

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Lola reply to: BotheLumberJack

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Agreed a reply to: Judy21

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Hit'em with Ric Flair

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Hairyyetti

WELL I FOR ONE CANT WAIT FOR YOUR THREAD!

PLZ BE ABOUT BIGFEETUS

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yeah calm down Tinfoil, the joke didn't go down well with the state the OP is in. Let it go

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Now I'm confused, are you asking for advice - "what would you do?" then becomes rhetorical?

Are we just kicking cans down the road?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Oh wow I'm sorry your sister is going through this. I've been in an abusive relationship (it's been 14 years) and I bet there is more she doesn't want to tell you. Nobody knew I was in an abusive relationship for quite some time because I hid it out of embarrassment. He spit in my face as well. It's degrading and he too did it infront of a friend....

If my spouse did that now I would clock him one.

You should talk to your sister. She maybe afraid to say anything else.

I wish you and her the best.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
When she calmed down she told me that her husband had spit in her face TWICE and berated her relentlessly.
Apparently he was upset that she had a friend over to visit...he even did it right in front of her friend!!!!
I would NEVER do something so disresptful to anyone.

Well, you didn't get the whole story. You got her side of the events. Which always conveniently leaves out the important parts that the other side cares about.

So, I would stay out of it.

He was upset that she had a certain friend over, which he took as disrespecting his wishes, so he disrespected her in return, in front of the friend to make his case clear.

They are having a lover's "control" spat.

Are you kidding me?? So because she had a friend over he may not like it's ok to SPIT in her face? As someone who has been in an abusive relationship you have no freaking clue what it's like. I have a huge scar on my forehead from my head being slammed into a cabinet where I needed staples! Why?? Oh because he didn't like the dinner I made! So I guess I deserved it because I didn't cater to his needs?

That's how you sound!

it could even be deliberate, an attempt by one or both sides to "stir up" the other side, in order to put some "emotion" back into a dry relationship. After argument, they kiss and make up, and the following make up is "sweet" and "tender" because of the tiff.

Are you serious?! You don't SPIT in someone's face to being emotion into a relationship! I've never read something so ridiculous. He sounds like a control freak. Spitting in someone's face is imo the biggest form of disrespect to degrade another human being! I've been there. It makes you feel worthless.

lovers do this all the time, all around the world.

No. No they don't!

When things get boring, one or the other get desperate, and begin to do things that they know annoy the other partner, just to pull out those emotional prangs that are needed from time to time to keep the relationship "hot."

I can't believe what I'm reading. So spitting on another is a form or affection to you? In what world?!!! It is not hot nor sexy to spit in your partners face! He did it in front of her friend which shows he is controlling and probably narcissistic. I've been in her shoes and believe me it's got nothing to do with trying to rekindle love!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join