It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Review of the 2017 Protest Events in Charlottesville, Va.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I thought some might be interested in this report detailing the events that occurring during the unite the right rally, along with the events that led up to it. It looks at the weaknesses that were present both in the city response and the state police response that led to the chaos that followed and gives recommendations in hopes that future protests can be managed more safely.

www.charlottesville.org...

it is long, I'll admit, but many of us had some rather heated discussions about the events that took place that day. The document may contain some answers to some of the questions left still unanswered.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It is absurd to believe that the police actively worked for the "counter-protesters" when "Antifa" and others have not only been targeted by the police but are being questioned for indictments etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I don't believe that either my post or the document I linked to asserted such??

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No, that was a common theme amongst people on the Alt-Right, and on here, that the police were working with the "Antifa"
even though, the Alt-Right organisers had met with police before about strategies.

If anything, this report shows the ineptitude of the police

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I found out last weekend that Trump-hating African Americans don't realize that there were two protests before the August 12th event.

And that the marchers were protesting removal of Confederate monuments.

If the motorist had not run over a protestor on that day, the August 12th event would not have made national headlines, just like the two prior protests went unnoticed by the MSM/America.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I'm at the point in the doc where they are describing how much cooperation was with the different groups. so far, the city of charlottesville was very cooperative, although their police department wasn't so much at the beginning. I sounds like the State wasn't that cooperative at all, but haven't read that far into it so far.
but ya, it sounds like the police dropped the ball big time..

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Mmm no the reason as many people showed up as what did was because it was already in the news thanks to the lawsuit.

Just because you were out of the loop doesn’t mean everybody else was.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just from a glance at the table of contents it seems there was far more that went wrong then went right. Lots of things to blame public officials for there.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It was in the News because the entire goal of the day was the spectacle and the forced narrative, it is a tactic that neo-fascists groups have been using world-wide forever, create the spectacle, draw the media, and act like the victim to gain sympathy

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Shamrock6

It was in the News because the entire goal of the day was the spectacle and the forced narrative, it is a tactic that neo-fascists groups have been using world-wide forever, create the spectacle, draw the media, and act like the victim to gain sympathy

Sounds more like an Antifa tactic to me! Oh well, they have some catching up to do to rival the violence and destruction Antifa has caused in their temper tantrums against free speech.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Actually, no, not an Antifa tactic, nice attempt at a Strawman there, but it is false

people talk about this "destruction" Antifa has caused, what deaths? what destruction? if you are talking about some smashed windows those are not "Antifa" as you believe them to be. if you are talking about some fights at some fash-rallies, and that upsets you, maybe you need to melt that snowflake hanging on your shoulder

Like, if you want to act like you know something, at least research it properly

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ah, the classic "my group is peaceful and every act of violence is made up by my liberal msm or committed by paid shills". ANTIFA dindonufin
edit on 4-12-2017 by TheMZA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The only review that needed to be done was on the chief of police that told his men to stand down while violent, communist scum attacked lawfully assembled, peaceful protestors.

new topics

top topics

join