It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA portrays the earth as a globe from the ISS ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

that is a very good video , i really enjoyed it and I must say to me its clear the earth is globe. But for fairness we must in this particular situation not taking evidence from NASA into consideration.

the thing is with billions in budget i think you can go that far in making everything believable.

So i think the solution is to keep believing nasa which is the only source but still keep progressing with experiments in particular rockets and balloons.

I dont think i saw a full uncut footage of earth appearing as a whole during rocket flights, it's always replaced with animation. Please correct me if im wrong and post link

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

Here is a much cheaper option than a private space flight.

Save up and take a flight from South America to Australia for example.

Metabunk Link 1

Have a chat with this Boeing 747 pilot who actually flies the routes. If the earth was flat then he couldn't physically fly the distance on a full load of fuel.

Metabunk Link 2

His You Tube Channel

www.youtube.com...

So how are the airlines that fly these routes pulling the wool over passengers eyes?

Think about the numbers of people involved here? For example Qantas.

Qantas today celebrates the third anniversary of its first service from Sydney to Santiago, with more than 430,000* Qantas passengers travelling on the route since launch.

Link

Some die-hard flat earthers actually deny these flights exist!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hi just came across your thread the only problem is your wrong re the fish eye statement you see NASA show exif data for images used to make the timelapse video as everyone knows or should a timelapse is a series of still images made into a video so here is an example.

Right click on image for full size

That image was taken with a Nikon D3S full frame digital camera with a 24 mm focal length so not a fisheye lens at f2.8 for 1/250 second at iso 12800 that iso is a very high setting.

As for your comments re ISS height

It's not NASA that's wrong it's flat Earthers who can't understand maths,scale,geometry,physics,photography or science.

Here have a look at this link Image from ISS

You can read the exif data on the link.

exif data Nikon D4 116mm focal length f13 1/3200 second iso 200

So NO fisheye lens and again a curved Earth.

Here is another

50mm NOT a fisheye f13 1/800 second iso 200.

You live on a globe deal with it.

edit on 6-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Whats up heineken have you given up on your own thread I see you have made no comment re the image I posted taken from the ISS without a fisheye lens, many many more on the web if the flat heads bothered to look instead of pushing BS

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

sorry for being late!

this week i published new game in the app store and google play which is a lot of effort!

i can't see how attaching a fish eye lens to camera will in any way reflect in the exif data.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: wmd_2008

sorry for being late!

this week i published new game in the app store and google play which is a lot of effort!

i can't see how attaching a fish eye lens to camera will in any way reflect in the exif data.

Good luck with the game

Do you know what exif data is or does

If the exif data is still attached to the image you see Model of camera, date/time image take location if the camera has GPS fuction and is on.

Also the exposure data which includes shutter speed, apeture, iso and focal length of the lens used

So in this example I posted above.

Right click on image select view image and you will see focal length listed at the bottom it says 24mm.
As that image was taken using a FULL frame DSLR 24mm is wide andgle not fish eye.

If you look at this other image you can see it on Flickr and read the exif data.

Here have a look at this link Image from ISS

You can read the exif data on the link.

exif data Nikon D4 116mm focal length f13 1/3200 second iso 200

116mm is a short telephoto focal length so not a fisheye lens and again a curved Earth.

The simple fact that exif data gives so much detail of equipment/settings used is the reason why Flat Earthers & UFO spotters hate it.
edit on 18-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join