It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were showed proof of God right now what would you do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CloseEncountersGuy

Would depend on what this gods expectations of us was.
Loyalty worship and praise in return for suffering hunger disease and death?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm looking at God, in this case, as a creative force in this universe. Let's all say for the sake of argument that such a being is real.

To me this implies a universe beyond ours where far more evolved and technologically advanced beings exist. Beings who have a uni(or muti)versal or multidimensional manipulation ability.

Sufficiently advanced beings would be indistinguishable from what we think of as Gods.

As I said before, there's no guarantee we'd be able to communicate with It even if we were aware of Its existence. Even if we could, there's no guarantee we would receive a response, or that we would understand the one we do get. Now, any sufficiently advanced being would likely be able to communicate in our language and methodologies, but since this has not been proven to happen it can be surmised that any Gods living out their eternal lives out there do not care to communicate with us at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
literally nothing would change for me

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
literally nothing would change for me

I take that back. My convictions are extremely strong, but I think what would change is knowing everyone else knew, in which case I feel I would be more free to live the life I wanted, and less concerned with appearing successful or whatever else, the kind of stuff I don't care as much about for myself but do for family and friends just so they don't think you're a weirdo hermit or whatever. I would still be as imperfect but motivated to do good as I am now.

I think there's both a selfish and a protective aspect to that. I don't want to go through the shame of having people disappointed in me, but I also don't want to put them in a state where they have to experience the feeling of disappointment.
edit on 3-12-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Which god? what is the nature of said god? If I was shown proof I'd need to know about what it is in its totality. If its morals don't align with my own It wouldn't change anything for me.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Remark on the similarity to what I see in the mirror
I guess my ideas on God are different than yours

God == everything

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Amokan

I don't think we have the capacity to understand God's totality...well...at least not when we are trapped in our human forms. I have read NDE accounts where they claimed to understand everything but lost that knowledge when they returned because our human brains are just too restrictive.

We humans are just too proud, e.g. to think that global warming is caused by human activities alone.
edit on 4-12-2017 by everyonedies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloseEncountersGuy
What would you do if you saw proof of god?

Would you change your way of life?

Would you just think like “well thats interesting” then go about your life?

I’m curious what people would think.

Also, what would it take to prove god to you?

I’m thinking of going on a mission to get proof of God and want to know what would convince you.

God doesn't need proof.

Its the faithful and faithless that are after proof of something or nothing.

Do you know what faith is?

You want to destroy faith, searching for proof of God is basically walking the same path as trying to destroy faith.
edit on 4-12-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Proving god is impossible, so don't go dedicating your life to it. Proof must be testable, so If testable evidence were found that shows god exists, then I would accept that premise and agree with god. The problem is if that happened, still nobody would know which religion is correct or which god is true, so you're really back at square one with the world still fighting over which fairy tales are true. It would be nice to end all that, but without god even offering a comment, it's safe to say that they are all fake.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Common sense is actually not very simple: touch, smell, sound, sight, taste. From these arise observations. Stupid is a judgment. Stupid is a thought, not an observation.

So, then we have say: 10 million people, as a sample of 6 billion. Is that a reasonable sample? There will be people who do not have sight, or impaired sight, or very good sight. So, before even calculating common sense, the first oder of business is to weigh the same sense in all participants and decide on the commonality and the deviation.

Then we have to consider how each sense contributes in what part to any solution.

And then we only have a statistical approximation of the commonality, or common sense, which depending on the gravity of stimuli, may result in voting for the patriot act without reading it, just because people are scared.

I can see why commonsense helps you to proof a negative ...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ja reply to: CloseEncountersGuy

I suppose folks like myself would take it in stride, realize little on this level means anything other than some learning. Ultimately they would have to decide how to treat others and themselves as all action, all judgement lay within yourself. What I have experienced in life I take in stride and keep an open mind. I have been out of body, been taken out, been told a few messages, very few. Been out when suffering greatly and stood beside something immense and shown again my light body and emerged in love, yet I keep an open mind, for perhaps others than God played a hand in these awesome experiences. Either way it was a kick ass experience and I look forward to more as well as looking forward to the end of my life to continue my experiences. But for now, I stick around for a few more years.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just thought I would put this into the mix. In the book of Hosea in the Bible is a large prophecy called the day of Jezreel prophecy. The gist of the prophecy is that Israel and Judah were to trigger a long term Leviticus 26 curse. Followed by the day of Jezreel. But this prophecy has a time frame involved in it. 3 days. However since these days are referenced to being in the presence of the Lord then you have to look for another meaning for the days. And 2nd Peter 3-8 and Psalms 90 give this as a reference. A day with the Lord is as a 1000 years and a 1000 years is but a day.

What you have there is Israel was to face a 2000 year curse followed by a thousand year day of Jezreel. So the basic problem is that the God of the Jews is going to return someday and make his presence known.

So are you going to be able to have the God of the Jews in your face for a 1000 years if you make it?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I would probably as him why he is such a D^&% H%$£

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: everyonedies

Personally I think what we would call a god, is everything, you, me, the universe, all made of god. We are fractals of the same consciousness experiencing itself. I wouldn't call it god I'd call it reality, source. I've done '___' and Psilocybin mushrooms and experienced a connection with something I can only describe as source but only once. It said to me you can change it all if you want, communicated with pictures, thoughts, gnosis. Admittedly I don't know it in its totality, but I know me, I know enough to know I don't know a lot but at the same time enough to know that what I was connecting with was something I found agreeable.

The other time I connected with something I would describe as a higher multidimensional being it told me a ton about the nature of language, some sort of war, some sort of death sleep, rebirth cycle of higher beings and described a larger being basically exploding into the fractals we are now. It was a lot to take in and I felt like I was hit by a truck the day after. What I do know for certain is reality and us is stranger then fiction.

If there was some other sort of being that comes close to what I Would describe as source I'd want to spend a year in a coma connected to it to understand and study and learn from it and come to the fullest picture I could. My experiences will never change the fact I stand on my principles, High being or not I see every conscious thing as equals, understanding only changes how I would interact with a being. What I want in truth is take my fractal self and leave, go do my own thing far away from all other beings until such a time as I wish to interact. So much to study and learn, to build and eventually share.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I have enough proof of many gods. It would not change a thing. I'd always question any deity which says they were supreme to prove that, beyond doubt

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloseEncountersGuy
I ask mostly because one day i was in a really bad mood and created a video as a joke to myself. I asked the creator to freate certain shapes in the clouds if questions i asked were true then about 5 minutes later all thr shapes appeared in the sane spot.

It seemed to me the odds of that happening were so incredibly liw tgat something was out there manipulating the weather, could hear and see me and responded to amuse me.

Here’s the video filled with cursing / foul language but you can see that at the 6:30 mark tge clouds form into the heart, triangle and square.

Is this god?

It got me wonderibg if god is really real, has no physical form and created this with me to prove its atoubd all tge time watching

Really?
I just tried, I found the shapes in clouds also. You really didn't think you would find these shapes?
You couldn't do the experiment with clouds writing your full name? Because god can only do simple shapes in clouds?

How about have god spell out the name of the religion which most accurately describes him?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: olaru12

I would ask her why Americans have such a poor grasp of grammar and the English language in general.

God is not a her but a he according to Jesus.

God is not dual - not male not female.

Our FATHER in heaven.... hallow be thy name........

anything else is gnosticism.

What a crock of inane garbage.

Your God is a vengeful, vindictive d*ckhead that does not exist.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if the veracity of an alledged " god " was demonstrated to my satisfaction - i would after a few moments contemplation to reflect on the nature of the " god " , proceed to :

unleash my full fury on it - for its conduct - this will be long , messy , profanity ladelened and probably result in my " smitting " - but hey - you asked

Do you REALLY imagine standing before God would be like having a pop at your supervisor at work or effing and blinding at a traffic warden?

You guys really do crack me up...
edit on 7 12 1717 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
Do you REALLY imagine standing before God would be like having a pop at your supervisor at work or effing and blinding at a traffic warden?

By all means, tell us how it really would be like. Last I checked nobody actually knows, so one person's speculation is really just as good as the next, in all honesty.
edit on 12 7 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

By all means, tell us how it really would be like. Last I checked nobody actually knows, so one person's speculation is really just as good as the next, in all honesty.

Fool!

I couldn't tell you how it would REALLY be like.
But I could tell you how I IMAGINE it would be like.

Maybe tomorrow though...
edit on 7 12 1717 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join