It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were showed proof of God right now what would you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I would have to echo what Stephen Fry said...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Anyone who would wish for God to be imprisoned for what I would call an inversion, will themselves end up in that place. It's a satanic and rebellious desire. Have seen it often.

We must forgive as we are forgiven and show mercy to have mercy shown us.

God as Spirit is like the wind. He's radically free.

Who in their right mind would want to see God imprisoned, God punished?

Wasn't the cross of Jesus enough?

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CloseEncountersGuy

if the veracity of an alledged " god " was demonstrated to my satisfaction - i would after a few moments contemplation to reflect on the nature of the " god " , proceed to :

unleash my full fury on it - for its conduct - this will be long , messy , profanity ladelened and probably result in my " smitting " - but hey - you asked

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
“And Lord Russell, what will you say when you stand in front of the throne of God on judgment day?”

Bertrand Russel: “I will say: ‘I’m terribly sorry, but you didn’t give us enough evidence.’ ”

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper
I would have to echo what Stephen Fry said...

Gay Byrne's reaction is priceless

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Exodus 33:20
“And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.”

The word 'God' points to 'all that is'. 'All that is' is not made of separate things. 'You' are a supposed separate thing. When 'all that is' is realised then no thing shall live. There will be just the one life - which is God.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: CloseEncountersGuy

if the veracity of an alledged " god " was demonstrated to my satisfaction - i would after a few moments contemplation to reflect on the nature of the " god " , proceed to :

unleash my full fury on it - for its conduct - this will be long , messy , profanity ladelened and probably result in my " smitting " - but hey - you asked

Name some thing, any thing - and no doubt most will be against it - even some thing they know nothing of. This is why peace evades them. The belief in things is the cause of 'conflict' (which is war not peace)
You need some 'thing' to be unhappy about, some 'thing' to fight - but no thing is needed to be at peace.

God is not a thing - there are no things - there is simply this that is. This that is can arise as words - those words that arise are God. Everything that appears is God and there is nothing separate from what is appearing.
It is not 'God' that you should be disbelieving - it is 'you' that does not exist!!!

edit on 2-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I would say the proof was forged/manufactured!! Because commonsense is all the proof I need for the non-existence of a GOD!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
I would say the proof was forged/manufactured!! Because commonsense is all the proof I need for the non-existence of a GOD!

With your common sense look for what is seeing.
The seen is this that is appearing right here and right now. So now look for what is seeing what is appearing right now.

St. Francis of Assisi said 'We are looking for what is looking'.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'd probably not ask him anything really.

I'd thank him for the things I already posses, ask him to help the poor and that's it. I probably wouldn't like the answer so why bother asking? If I was to know I'm sure God would have let me know.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Because commonsense is all the proof I need for the non-existence of a GOD!
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Really? Common -Sense? ..... How common is that? Note here that sense is sensation, or that which is derived from senses. And how do these sense operate in relation to each other so as to render a solution? Is this not more about: gutfeeling? Common sense is proof of NON- existence? So, if you want to proof a negative, you only have to gauge what commonsense is? How would you proceed to measure this?

I mean, I find the idea of gauging commonsense an interesting one, but I don't think it would allow to proof a negative, but rather, proof the probability of a different state of affairs to be reaching 100% or thereabouts.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I would ask her why Americans have such a poor grasp of grammar and the English language in general.

answer:
I would ask her why American's have such a poor grasp of grammar and of the English language in general.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Walk away laughing that theres people in the 21st century stupid enough to still believe in imaginary skyfairies .

So you would walk away laughing having been shown proof of something?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yvhmer

Really? Common -Sense? ..... How common is that? Note here that sense is sensation, or that which is derived from senses. And how do these sense operate in relation to each other so as to render a solution? Is this not more about: gutfeeling? Common sense is proof of NON- existence? So, if you want to proof a negative, you only have to gauge what commonsense is? How would you proceed to measure this?

I mean, I find the idea of gauging commonsense an interesting one, but I don't think it would allow to proof a negative, but rather, proof the probability of a different state of affairs to be reaching 100% or thereabouts.
Not believing in something that is stupid is commonsense!!!!!!! There are 2 kinds of crutch, one is imaginary, blind and mythical which the weak and insecure look to for support and comfort, the other is a physical object which is without question real and is proven beyond any doubt to be an effective support. Like I said commonsense!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The seen is this that is appearing right here and right now. So now look for what is seeing what is appearing right now.

I ain't looking for anything and don't care who is looking where or at what or me. I don't look or see with my eyes but with my mind and do you know what I find in religion? Thje same thing that comes out of my behind!!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yvhmer

Not believing in something that is stupid is commonsense!!!!!!! There are 2 kinds of crutch, one is imaginary, blind and mythical which the weak and insecure look to for support and comfort, the other is a physical object which is without question real and is proven beyond any doubt to be an effective support. Like I said commonsense!!!!

Is the past real? Is the future real?
What is real? Is it what you see, hear, taste or touch?
All seeing and hearing happen now and all that is seen and heard is happening now.

But the past and future has to be believed to be real for there to be a 'you' that is separate from all that is.

Without the imagination of 'past' and the imagination of 'future' there would be just this that is happening .

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I ain't looking for anything and don't care who is looking where or at what or me. I don't look or see with my eyes but with my mind and do you know what I find in religion? Thje same thing that comes out of my behind!!

The mind cannot see!! The mind is one thought at a time - do you not see that thought appears and disappears? What is it that is knowing there is thought arising and subsiding?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The mind cannot see!! The mind is one thought at a time - do you not see that thought appears and disappears? What is it that is knowing there is thought arising and subsiding?
Speak for yourself!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Speak for yourself!

Come on - use common sense to answer the question - don't be stupid!
What is it that is knowing that there is thought arising and subsiding?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloseEncountersGuy
What would you do if you saw proof of god?

Would you change your way of life?

Would you just think like “well thats interesting” then go about your life?

I’m curious what people would think.

Also, what would it take to prove god to you?

I’m thinking of going on a mission to get proof of God and want to know what would convince you.

I have not read other posts at this time. I immediately responded......

I have met God and it changed my life so when times get really hard and I think about giving up I remember the night driving home when God sat in the front passenger seat listening to me sing and praise him with some great Christian hymns.

BUT you will never find the proof you speak of because you will find God ONLY on a personal level that he knows you will understand.

Faith is for those who have not seen.

I have seen, faith is no longer required for me.

A little tip...... if you want to meet God then listen up:

You MUST glorify and worship God with a sincere heart with CONSTANT prayer .... like breathing air .... once you figure it out how to do it ..... one day he will show up and WITNESS your worship of the one true God. It is not that hard to do.

Good luck on your journey.

edit on 2-12-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join