It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rural "Low Output Americans" Will Ruin Our Democracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I live in a town of close to 10 000 people, and i think we should have the same voice in term of representation by politicians.

What are you talking about?

The people who live in places like Seattle, Portland, LA, San Fran, New York, etc., are so much more enlightened than you and your fellow 10,000 dirt humpers ever could be.

They should just decide everything for you.

Thanks lol

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What do cities produce besides smog, traffic, garbage, crime, drug problems, homeless problems, inflated rent, high taxes, high anxiety, and a poor quality of life regardless of income?

Oh, that's right, they sell insurance to each other, and think of other middle-man ways to make profits off other peoples money.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

and, the "coastal conservatives" want to take their money via a tax reform gimmick. lol

the rural poor will hurt the most from this tax bill, meanwhile those republican elites are singing sweet.

shameful.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Am I incorrect in believing that so-called low-output rural Americans are feeding not only the US but half the rest of the world? You don't get much higher productivity out any one compared to a farmer with 3000 acres and a combine! Sheeesh, some of these leftist creeps need to get out of their bubble once in a while and actually SEE what these rural people are actually DOING!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Too bad the United States of America aren't a democracy. They're a representative Republic.

Any time I see "threat to democracy" in an article, I automatically discount the author's understanding of how our government is setup.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

What?

You mean we aren't all playing the banjo, eating squirrel and raping our sisters?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

there are a lot of liberal farmers where I live.

I have driven through rural American, did last weekend (Nebraska), actually. it's poor. I hope this new tax bill gives the farmers there a break.

there are a boat load of poor rural towns that aren't farming town.. I hope you keep trump accountable when he said he'd move his companies back.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Now the disposables are called "Low Output" by the Leftists.

This rhetoric will do Republicans well in campaign adds and slogans against the enemies of the People.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
What do cities produce besides smog, traffic, garbage, crime, drug problems, homeless problems, inflated rent, high taxes, high anxiety, and a poor quality of life regardless of income?

Well, 85%+ of the GDP for one thing..and less poverty believe it or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

.....So shouldn't the left be trying to give voice to such an economically disadvantaged minority suffering inequality from the Urban Rich?

See how that SJW stuff goes?

Or do they not qualify?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Of course, they don't. They have their white privilege to keep them warm and fed.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Too late the leftists already destroyed it .
America died long ago .

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

my parents are wealthy republicans. so much so I've never had to worry about retirement. this new tax plan is going to work out just fine for them, which in turn will work well for me... and, my kids.

it's not gonna trickle anywhere.

do republicans care about the rural poor?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good example of why the over-educated fail often.

Generations of education and they can't solve any problems.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not really, i couldnt care less about em, or their economic cousins in the inner city, no SJW here. Just throwing some facts out there because said disadvantaged minority tends to see themselves as some self righteous folk on a golden pedastal whom everyone else should be more like and be jealous of their rural lives all the while complaining a whole bunch.

At least the diadvantaged minorities in the cities lack the superiority complex.

Eta for harshness.

edit on 1-12-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Really doesn't matter to me, not interested in living in a miserable cesspool.
It's great for employers to focus employees in one spot, so yeah the gdp is higher, christ, at this point I bet the cities gdp of the crops produced in the country are included in the cities gdp because the corp farming headquarters there.

Let's no forget this fact though...

Non-metropolitan counties that have higher rates of self-employed business proprietors than their metropolitan counterparts.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

What does she consider low output. Non Sanctuary cities, welfare hubs, urban areas? Rural america has some of the most hard working people I have met. I guess you can't teach someone sitting behind a desk taking in all the money she can from lobbyists.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Fair enough. You are right about your last paragraph. To each their own. I like the city for the amenities and the awe of huge infrastructure, I also dislike traffic and love open space and the secluded places far off in the mountains. The suburbs work for me as a healthy medium. Short drive to any of the above.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Better load the busses up and move ppl around so you can garner control.

Game the system.

Its what everyone does.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

TBH, I think you are imparting your bias towards one side. You will disagree with that assessment. Much like how Joy Reid does. Take that for what it's worth. Probably not much to you.

When you ignore a segment of society, they tend to get pissed about it. The Democrats for example , this past election, ignored a significant part of their base. Guess what happened?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join