It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ files arrest warrant for illegal immigrant acquitted in Kate Steinle case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Guns lying around on the Pier...
Complete BS.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Did this guy actually just "happen" to find a gun and pick it up, it discharged, and he shot someone? 

The gun was stolen from the vehicle of a BLM agent . The window of the vehicle had been broken to get the gun.

I am hesitant to believe that someone else stole the gun and disposed of it in the manner described by Zarate... if we have any reason to believe him.
It, according to him, was wrapped in a T shirt and laid under a seat on the pier.
If someone else stole it, why would they dispose of it?

If they found out after they took it that it belonged to a federal agent, they may have had reason to get rid of it, but why would they risk disposing of it in a public place?
Why not chuck it in the ocean in a secluded place, if they did not want to be caught with it?
I am more inclined to believe that the 4 time felony committing illegal alien stole the gun in the first place.

edit on b000000312017-12-02T05:32:35-06:0005America/ChicagoSat, 02 Dec 2017 05:32:35 -0600500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yeah today I'm changing my mind again.

I think he lied about everything, that he's a lunatic, and he killed the girl on purpose.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here's my reasoning - all the reports are conflicting and ambiguity exists.

However one thing is agreed on, his story changed drastically.

That doesn't mean he's guilty but it sure makes it look that way. So I think he aimed the gun and shot the girl on purpose most likely.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well....he said he was shooting at a sea lion.

If hed hit the sea lion he would be in jail.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I feel like if he was/is fit to stand trial, then I'm not moved by the fact that he only had a second grade education. I would be interested in seeing the evidence they have of that though or if that's just what he claimed.

In California, the following can be used to prove 'consciousness of guilt':

Fleeing from the crime scene or jurisdiction
False statements and lies
Concealing or destroying evidence (including a body or weapon)

Link

One of those would not be enough, by itself...but he did all three of those. I think he was conscious he had acted recklessly (Involuntary Manslaughter), at the very least.

edit on 12/2/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Was the T-shirt that the gun was supposedly wrapped up in found? Or, did they just take his word for it. Was it checked for DNA? How did they determine that this p.o.s. wasn't the thief AND the killer?

At least he is not out on the street.

BUILD. THE. WALL. NOW.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
you know what gets me is, if a LEO had their vehicle burgled, they are going to dust for prints. This guy was literally not bright, so in an opportunistic moment he would probably have left his prints everywhere. Did he not leave prints to be charged with the auto burglary as well as the firearm theft itself??

Thats the only thing thats #ing with my head right now.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hmm ... you bring up a good point.

Basically, what seems to have happened with this trial in California is effectively 'jury nullification'.

Jury nullification is completely just, so there is nothing to see there as far as injustice.

Jury nullification can work both ways. For instance, maybe we will see a jury nullify charges against the next vigilante who kills an illegal for whatever reason?

The issue is very charged. If taken too far, this sort of thing could get out of hand.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I like this DOJ. Its like having a real government.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join