It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Use Of Historic Town, Advice Needed On Cyclist Video Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Durham, UK, has been used for a commercial venture claiming to be art. www.lumiere-festival.com...

Electricity is used to entrance punters and part them from their money.

. . . urban landscapes are spectacularly transformed with installations by international artists.

While caring for my dying mother and PTSD father I found myself walking through my hometown in the midst of this "iconic light festival".

I came across a jovial Lumiere employee who graciously informed me I could not walk upon the pavement/sidewalk I had used since childhood.

I listened to his sound advice and cheerily bid him a fond 'Good Day'!

Notice the railway arch lit up like a teenager's bedroom. This is the work of an international artist and as such dictates the need to cross the road at a dangerous junction.

Carrying on I found Milburngate bridge carrying far more pedestrians than I've witnessed in the previous forty five years. A female cyclist chose to ride through the pedestrians and a female pedestrian trod on my heels twice, smiling like an idiot when I turned and spoke to her.

By this time I was fuming, thinking only of the pleasure I would experience perusing the special offers in the Tesco alcohol aisle.

Then I spotted a motorcycle cop. I reached for my camera.

As I approached I became aware of his Judge Dread On A Day Off demeanour. He had the look of a man who could pop a wheelie while drinking a bottle of single malt and making babies at the same time.

Running my finger over my fine aquiline nose and deciding I preferred it looking that way I started to put my camera away.

Suddenly, out of the darkness emerged my prey.

Armed cops. There because of a shoddy commercial extravaganza.

I approached, camera upheld, a cyclist moved in fast.

I'm surprised my hand didn't show up on camera as I waved the cyclist forcefully away. There was nowhere for him to go on the other side of me. The cops must have seen my irritated hand gesture.

My focus was on the armed cops. I wanted to get every facial twitch, the cold blank stares, the evil etched into very inch of the oppressive visage.

Check the video you'll see what I mean.

You know you're getting old when the armed cops look like they're barely out of nappies/diapers.

The armed cops walked over to the motorcycle cop, I prepared the camera, the cyclist appeared.

Going over the footage frame by frame on some editing thingy I noticed the cyclist made a very odd manoeuvre. He swooped in on the cop's heels, then had to correct. It isn't so obvious flicking through it on YouTube, but going frame by frame it looks odd. The cyclist didn't avoid anything, just swooped in and out.

Can any of you speculate on the cyclist's need for such a manoeuvre?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Can any of you speculate on the cyclist's need for such a manoeuvre?

Balance.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Going over the footage frame by frame on some editing thingy I noticed the cyclist made a very odd manoeuvre. He swooped in on the cop's heels, then had to correct.

you were standing still looking at your phone/camera, he was going to go between you and the cop, then you started walking, he corrected.

your overthinking things, there are bigger things in life then to dwell over these meaningless encounters you had which remain in your mind alone, all the people in your vids here likely dont even remember those uneventful moments...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

My advice: don't film cops. I used to do that. One day they didn't like it in a very secluded area and beat the # out of me. I have no proof just a had a hole lotta pain.

Don't ever think they wont abuse their power and hurt or kill you. You put a camera in my face and I'll ask nice once that you move it, twice it gets slapped tthe ground, and the balls in their court if they want to come at me over it. . Oh and I don't even have a cop buddy with a gun to lie for me in court, and a system notorious for letting cops off.

Don't be an idiot, or else you're going to be treated like one and to cops that means knocking your teeth out.
edit on 2-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

I wasn't looking at the camera or standing still.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

And all cyclists ride down the road doing these little wiggles? I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

This is the UK. Cops who overstep the boundaries, as in the Ian Tomlinson case, have their lives ruined.

We film cops whenever we want.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Seek help. There are much better things to worry about in this life than what a bicycle wiggle means. Maybe they were drunk. Be more worried about the immigrants than the cops. You should be watching for out of control ramavans.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

You'll get your ass kicked you just wait big man. I'm in Canada I used to think the same. All changes when you piss the wrong one off and you're getting your ass beat.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Do you think if a cop just lost a family member, child, wife left them, dog died, they are going to give a rats ass at that time about your rights? They'll beat your ass, take your camera and throw it under a car as it drives by. SEEN IT HAPPEN! There ain't holding them accountable without the video. Is there

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The devil is in the details.

Most of us here have a reasonably good relationship with the police. Together we're looking out for Kalergi Plan/Mariel Boatlift troublemakers.

link   

In fact they could swallow the small SD cards these days. Whatcha gonna do? Whos gunna believe you and arrest their own buddy cop to have him poop out that card? Nobody. The only person that would lose would be you. Have any unsolved murders or beatings there in town? For all you know that could be the last guy that thought the cops aren't human and prone to freaking out on a bad day.

link   
Double post

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I hope so. Maybe you guys have it a lot better than. I don't think the police here even understand there's an issue with kalergi

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Same true of anyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Better off getting one of these than sticking a smartphone in someone's face:
www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
probably distracted by the angry local filming the police.

ive only heard good things about the lumierre festival, maybe you just had a bad day.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

If you were there you'd have seen the disruption. People unable to get home to the outlying villages due to transport issues. Unable to even walk through town at times. Technicians and security acting like they bought the town and glaring at locals going about their daily business.

If you like looking at pretty lights it was great.
edit on 30 12 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

top topics

join