It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Kathie Lee Gifford Forgives NBCs Matt Laurer - And Catches Hell for It.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
November 30, 2017

NBC's Kathie Lee Gifford, a known devout Christian, is being raked over the coals for her response to MATT LAUER's sex-related accusations.

Kathie made these remarks on the NBC TODAY show:

“I don’t feel that Matt has betrayed us in any way at all, but when I found out that my husband had betrayed me, you question your own judgment.

You say, ‘Was everything a lie?’ And I think we have to very much fight against that. That the man we know and adored was the man we loved and adored and continue to.

I texted Matt this morning and said ‘I adore you and no person is perfect in this world.' Nobody is. We've all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, is what scripture says.

And what we need now is forgiveness and mercy for one another. And we don't need taunts and we don't need ugliness. We have enough of that in the world.”
Source w/more at: www.glamour.com...

This seems to be the proper Christian response to a sinner, is it not? Kathie Lee Gifford seems to be saying that she forgives Matt Laurer the same way she eventually forgave her husband, the (deceased 2015) football legend, Frank Gifford.

But as the Glamour.com article says, her response has generated a nationwide uproar of anger and disbelief. Due to the "great melting pot" aspect of modern-day America, maybe Christian beliefs are foreign to most Americans at this stage of the nation's growth?

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/30/2017 by carewemust because: minor wording adjustment

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, maybe when Matts wife divorces him, she will step in her place.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Isnt she like the Christian Conservative permutation of Kathy Griffin?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh boo hoo Kathy.

If prayer worked, why don't you pray and have some veterans re-grow their lost limbs...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Coming from an evangelical christian background myself, all I can say is; seems about right. . .

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Oh boo hoo Kathy.

If prayer worked, why don't you pray and have some veterans re-grow their lost limbs...

You mean like when a lizard regrows it's tail?

Very hateful un provoked and off topic, atheist right?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, maybe when Matts wife divorces him, she will step in her place.

Maybe Matt has an "open" marriage. No way his wife was oblivious to her husband's infidelity. The sack full of sex toys that he carried around was a sure tip-off.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Isnt she like the Christian Conservative permutation of Kathy Griffin?

LOL, I had forgotten all about that "one hit wonder" nobody. Yeah...Gifford is the opposite of Griffin. No doubt about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Oh boo hoo Kathy.

Forgiveness combined with Prayer for those who screw up, is hard to do, Kettu. Have you ever tried it?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Coming from an evangelical christian background myself, all I can say is; seems about right. . .

The "barf" emoticon implies that you now totally reject your Christian upbringing?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are correct in that assessment.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I read a story earlier today that said the entire NBC Today team was furious at Megyn Kelly for reporting that she had heard some murmurings about Lauer in the recent weeks. That somehow equated to Megyn Kelly making it 'all about her' and being 'insensitive' to staff that were sad about Lauer getting fired.

So, to hear that Kathy Lee is so forgiving of Lauer after reading about the BS-outrage at Megyn Kelly...yeesh.

I hate these TV talking heads so much. All of them....especially Savannah Guthrie, but Matt Lauer is a close second. (They are ranked in order by the amount of screwing -- figuratively and literally -- they have done while on the job).

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I still don't see what praying is going to do for Matt Laurer.

And no, I'm not an atheist. I'm my own thing and it doesn't have a name.

Modern Christian "prayer" is pretty much a rip off and watered down occult ritual that predates monotheism, going all the way back to proto-shamanism.

That isn't here nor there, but as I said -- I fail to see what prayer is supposed to do for Matt. Is it going to make him keep his hands to himself or his junk in his pants?

I don't think prayer works that way. How is it working out for people trying to "pray the gay away"? Hm?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
And doesn't she just sit and drink wine during her spot on the show anyway? She was likely tipsy and emotional...
edit on 30-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Its not for her to forgive, it’s for the woman he abused. She has nothing to forgive unless he abused her too.

Does she forgive all of the abusers like Weinstein, or just her friend who she likes and knows?

They say that when she texted him “I adore you”

He texted her back

“Ill be right over”

edit on 30-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Its not for her to forgive, it’s for the woman he abused. She has nothing to forgive unless he abused her too.

Does she forgive all of the abusers like Weinstein, or just her friend who she likes and knows?

Actually, you are correct on this, He did not wrong her. She is blowing hot air, would she forgive him if he did it to her?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Do we know that he didn't?

Of course, it could just be that she is taking those other women's victimhood onto herself. I recall how everyone else in the house acted like they'd been personally violated by the guy who broke into our dorm room and assaulted my roommate.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I feel like people are getting a little crazy about the christian thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMZA

If she was a Wiccan and said she was going to light some candles and do a ritual with her high priestess, it would probably cause a huge uproar.

And frankly, I do not really see a distinction between the above hypothetical and the reality of the situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My friend and I were talking about this and Charlie Sheen and Spacey today ,and he reminded about Elvis dating 13 year old Priscilla.

Just a few generations ago this shi was accepted. Now I gotta hate Elvis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join