It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petscop, the creepiest game that never existed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hi all, well I was on YouTube tonight watching some videos on strange games and urban legends. I really like the lore around polybus and found something so much more bizarre. It’s a game called Petscop and it is mysterious and very dark.

So a guy by the name Paul starts posting these let’s play videos on YouTube this year on this supposed game he found, ps1 format. The game and the developer does not actually exist. Okay so he faked it, but why exactly? This is where the mystery begins and there are a lot of very strange theory’s on what it all means.

I was just fascinated by it and did a search and saw nobody posted about it.

I am posting on my cell, I would have liked to write a little more on this but my thumbs are tired.

Here is a creepy link to get you started, or if you heard about it what are your thoughts?
m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Looks like a purpose built message sending device.
Quite dark stuff going on there.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Can we get a quick rundown?
Much thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Can we get a quick rundown?
Much thanks
I would actually watxh the link, pretty interesting.

PS1 Game was supposedly completed in 97', yet shows many parallels to a case involving the murder of an 10 year old adoptee.

The creepiest part would be the nurses who got prison time, 16 years, were released in April 1, 2017. A part in the game of a closed door had always remained locked until that date, so yeah pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Perhaps someone related or personally impacted by the tragedy decided to create a viral mystery to get awareness out?

If not and someone just wanted to get a rise out of people, that's pretty sick and disgusting if you ask me.

The rendering/graphics seem too advanced to be a PS1, although i'm no game expert. The "game company" Garalina doesn't exist - it defintiely doesn't seem to be a real game but someone put a lot of thought into this.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just my two-cents based solely on watching the video...

I think this is a hobbyist programmer that stole an idea from another Game Theory video (several, actually) to code a fake game using real events as a "hidden but not really" backdrop in an attempt to either drive up views or potentially hype for a game to be eventually released.

The only evidence the game exists is from the guy releasing the videos, who is probably also the programmer. Consider the similarities with his way of doing this along with the other Game Theory that Five Nights At Freddy's is actually about a killer, don't know about that? Check out this Youtube playlist if interested. It's not bad entertainment, I guess, if you're bored and have nothing else to do.

If there was some kind of proof of the game existing before all the stuff in real life happened, I could potentially believe there was more to it. But all evidence of its existence is after the fact. The door that happened to open on the right day... yeah... if you're programming it to do that or only showing it can do that on a specific date to line up with real life events, it makes perfect sense.

I think this is essentially exploiting a pretty dark situation for Youtube views and potentially money if his videos are monetized.

ETA: The creepiest game ever made (possibly/probably not) will always be Polybius.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I always thought Famcore sounded like a video game company Lola reply to: FamCore

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Reddit seems to consider it a 'fake' game, and they are all about it.

www.reddit.com...

the internet is weird already today... and it's only lunch time.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Check out the reddit post title "Rainer killed Michael Hammond? Rainer as vigilante, programmed the game for Marvin to play, and other theories.." under that reddit board. Then search Rainer Petscop on google. Pretty strange theories.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What about Sad Satan? From what I've read, that game if it exists, seems to me to be pretty damn creepy in its own right.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I’ll have to check that one out.

Aw man thread moved to games? It’s not a real game mod’s

a reply to: UniversalUnknown

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting as well as creepy as hell. Had never heard of this and appreciate you bring it here, OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
wtf did i just read?

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   

All I know so far about the theories related to Petscop come from a pdf document which debates several theories about the game. This is a link to the pdf, but it's like 100 pages, so...

ia802909.us.archive.org...

top topics

join