It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax cut myths debunked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Fox ran a great piece which recently debunked several of the most prominent attacks on the GOP tax reform bill. This will put more money in our pockets, while creating more jobs by increasing profit margins (especially for small business, who make less than $500k annually). The government is who loses out, which is great because Trump is trimming fat from the bloated bureaucracy.

It is important to point out that the bill's main detractor, the Tax Policy Center, is another creation of George Soros. Much like the other "policy centers/law centers/observatories/think tanks" they exist to push a specific agenda by producing spurious facts based on questionable assumptions. Remember that these are the people seeking to defeat and discredit the President by any means necessary. Demand facts, and do your own research (don't just take my word for it).

MYTH 1: The tax bill is a tax increase on the middle class. FALSE

MYTH 2: The majority of the tax bill’s benefits go to the top 1 percent of earners. FALSE

MYTH 3: The tax bill will grow deficit by $1.4 trillion. FALSE

MYTH 4: The tax bill won’t create economic growth. FALSE

MYTH 5: The tax bill will cause 13 million people to lose health insurance. FALSE

You can read the detailed explanation for each debunked talking point here

source: www.foxnews.com...

The opposition to this bill is simply upset because Trump/GOP is actually going to show some actionable results to the American people. They are also upset that many of their insanely bloated programs will go without funding, and that their general model of economics will collapse under the results we'll see.

edit on 11/30/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Great post! I hope Fox News is keeping tabs on which "Experts" and Congressmen are stating which lies. It's important to be able to call them out individually, before the 2018 and 2020 elections.

S&F!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Soon the Leftists will be here to say Trump will kill everyone with his tax plan.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Soon the Leftists will be here to say Trump will kill everyone with his tax plan.

They'd be wise to save their energy for ObamaCare Repeal and Welfare Reform. Trump says those are top items on his 2018 Winter/Spring calendar.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There will be some people who do lose a little, those who cannot deduct high home tax bills from their taxes will lose. This raising of property taxes by cities to try to increase their revenue in the city while screwing the government out of it's share is deceit at it's finest. The cities build expensive stuff, basically show pieces, and it lowers the taxes the government collects from taxpayers. That is not fair, our government should not be deducting high amounts from people because their community is taxing the hell out of the homeowner. Some of these communities have multimillion dollar stadiums, expensive community swimming pools, and super classy parks and they have not that many taxpayers but the ones living there are usually getting good salaries. Or are rich. Yes, there is a difference paying the money to our government to fund necessary things or extravagant communities getting the money to impress others.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your post reminded me that the little Chicago suburb I live in, recently finished a big beautiful new police station. Cost = $22 million. Number of police officers = 109.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We should just ask Mr. Obama for his opinion and go with that. He cares about the middle class and poor, and he is so very articulate

Teleprompter articulate

quote]originally posted by: JBurns
Fox ran a great piece which recently debunked several of the most prominent attacks on the GOP tax reform bill. This will put more money in our pockets, while creating more jobs by increasing profit margins (especially for small business, who make less than $500k annually). The government is who loses out, which is great because Trump is trimming fat from the bloated bureaucracy.

It is important to point out that the bill's main detractor, the Tax Policy Center, is another creation of George Soros. Much like the other "policy centers/law centers/observatories/think tanks" they exist to push a specific agenda by producing spurious facts based on questionable assumptions. Remember that these are the people seeking to defeat and discredit the President by any means necessary. Demand facts, and do your own research (don't just take my word for it).

MYTH 1: The tax bill is a tax increase on the middle class. FALSE

This is so unfair! Trump is trying to bury the poor.

I think we should ask Mr. Obama his opinion. He loves and cares about the middle class and the poor, and he is so articulate

Teleprompter articulate

MYTH 2: The majority of the tax bill’s benefits go to the top 1 percent of earners. FALSE

MYTH 3: The tax bill will grow deficit by $1.4 trillion. FALSE

MYTH 4: The tax bill won’t create economic growth. FALSE

MYTH 5: The tax bill will cause 13 million people to lose health insurance. FALSE

You can read the detailed explanation for each debunked talking point here

source: www.foxnews.com...

The opposition to this bill is simply upset because Trump/GOP is actually going to show some actionable results to the American people. They are also upset that many of their insanely bloated programs will go without funding, and that their general model of economics will collapse under the results

edit on 30-11-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Your post reminded me that the little Chicago suburb I live in, recently finished a big beautiful new police station. Cost = $22 million. Number of police officers = 109.

That kind of excessive spending is going on all over, the government looked the other way and pretty soon everyone was exploiting it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That kind of excessive spending is going on all over, the government looked the other way and pretty soon everyone was exploiting it.

Citizens show up at meetings to voice opposition, but the government ignores us and does what it wants to do anyway.

That's a big reason why candidate Trump was so appealing. He wasn't from that "smile while lying to you" club of politicians.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Citizens show up at meetings to voice opposition, but the government ignores us and does what it wants to do anyway.

That's a big reason why candidate Trump was so appealing. He wasn't from that "smile while lying to you" club of politicians.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
S&F

While I am distrustful at large of gov't, I will cross fingers . . .loosely.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

With $20,000,000,000,000 in debt I feel it is irresponsible to cut taxes til we are in fact debt free.

Our free spending Govt that we elected has dug a deep hole and we need an adult to get us out.

Trim the fat cap the spending and pay it toward the debt.

edit on 30-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

However, survey and economic evidence demonstrates that corporate tax cuts benefit the middle class in the form of higher wages, better workplace benefits, new job opportunities and lower consumer prices.

That is some Grade A GOP propaganda talking points. Bear in mind what happened in the Bush years the last time they did this BS.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns I watch fox but cmon dude are you for real?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: JBurns I watch fox but cmon dude are you for real?

Ok, so what is your interpretation and counter points to the OP?

You evidently watch FOX as well, as such, you should cite as to why he would be, "real".

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123 Umm well knowing what is public knowledge about this. I have come to the conclusion that this is all bull #.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

With $20,000,000,000,000 in debt I feel it is irresponsible to cut taxes til we are in fact debt free.

We will never be out of debt, ever.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99 You are very correct and that is a very sad sad truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I hear people say they can't pay off a home either.

It takes great leadership and fiscal responsibility. Keeping wars down to a minimum is a must too.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I like these guys: www.epi.org...

They seem pretty neutral maybe slightly left in their analysis and issues they pick to focus on. But their analysis is usually really good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join