It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate Steinle killer found not guilty of murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Tempter

What a winner

I bet your mom think's you're awesome.

Dumb decision.

We get along well, thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I blame the illegal immigrant holding the illegal firearm

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Are you saying your 'give a damn' is busted? I understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I blame the illegal immigrant holding the illegal firearm

So do I.
There is literally nobody and nothing else that possibly can be “blamed” in this scenario.
Well, except the people who authorised his release refusing to contact the deportation agency prior to this tragedy.

All that being said, it still doesn’t detract from nor contradict anything I said in my previous post at all.

(post by Tempter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am confused...how is it not possible for a jury to even find him with involuntary manslaughter? He had a gun in hand, shot that gun, and a human being died from such action!?!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wonder if the prosecutor is to blame for intentionally throwing the case, by charging him with murder, knowing the evidence was not there, when something smaller may have stuck? Or can they still do that during a trial? Add another charge instead? I need to brush up on my law!
edit on 30-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I am confused...how is it not possible for a jury to even find him with involuntary manslaughter? He had a gun in hand, shot that gun, and a human being died from such action!?!

San Francisco, CA Jury bias.

No one can convince me that this jury wasn't sending a message about illegal immigration. I no longer believe that individual jurors can toss out their own strongly held political and/or ideological views in order to give a fair verdict.

California, the land of fruits and nuts.

edit on 30-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Bronson -- Death Wish comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I sincerely sympathize with this family and like everybody hate seeing a beautiful young woman struck down like this as we so many times see in our crime ridden f___ed up country, but how do we know the prosecution had a strong case here. Maybe they blew it.

This was not a slam dunk like the OJ case

Maybe this was not a jury run amuck

Maybe they just had a thin case.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

They could have charged him with first degree murder, second degree murder, or involuntary manslaughter.

How in hell could they have charged him with 1st degree. He didn't use a destructive device or explosive, a weapon of mass destruction, poison, or metal piercing ammunition and he didn't torture anyone and the killing didn't occur during one of the enumerated predicate offenses under Chapter 189,subsection 3. Instead of watching cop shows read the California Penal Code.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
His "Note from the Doctor" must have had merit.

Death Wish II

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I wonder if the prosecutor is to blame for intentionally throwing the case, by charging him with murder, knowing the evidence was not there, when something smaller may have stuck? Or can they still do that during a trial? Add another charge instead? I need to brush up on my law!

The jury had the option of giving a guilty verdict on either 1st degree, 2nd degree, or involuntary manslaughter. They chose none of them. They convicted him on the felony gun possession charge only. This jury, imo, was sending America a message: We are California...we are sanctuary San Francisco...we will protect this illegal immigrant no matter what.

link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The jury had the options to convict on Murder 1, Murder 2 and involuntary manslaughter. So they had a lesser option with involuntary manslaughter.

Garcia Zarate, 45, faced a charge of second-degree murder, but jurors were also allowed to consider first-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter convictions.

link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I’m more confused with the idea that they can give the jury 3 options to choose from...
I’ve always thought the prosecution had to make a case for a specific charge.

This makes me wonder why they don’t do the multiple choice thing in all cases.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's what happened for those who haven't been following. The prosecution went full tilt, claiming with no evidence that Zarate was at the pier to kill somebody, that he aimed the gun at Kate Steinle and shot her.

The defense pretty much hinged on the fact that the bullet that killed Kate Steinle was a ricochet.

Briefly, the bullet that killed Ms. Steinle was flattened on one side. The day after the shooting, the crime scene team found a chip in the concrete approximately 12 to 15 feet from where Zarate was believed to have been sitting and some 78 feet from where Steinle was standing when the bullet struck her.

The theory put forth by the prosecution witness, now retired SFPD crime scene investigator John Evans, was that it was a "skip shot" that resulted from the shooter pulling the gun off target while pulling the trigger. In other words, that it was plausible that he was aiming at her, ricocheted the shot and still managed to hit his intended target (Kate Steinle).

That's not a very good case for murder. Though it should have been a good case for involuntary manslaughter.

KQED - Bullet Trajectory and Ricochet Shot Central to Steinle Murder Trial
KTVU - Prosecution witness testifies on bullet ricochet in Steinle murder trial

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The welcome mat is out in CA, welcome all thugs, murderers, drug dealers and criminals of all persuasions.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Dont think Im directing any ire towards you, I just had a meltdown in my mind...again, I think its because I like many, have a daughter whom I love more than anything or anyone.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
The welcome mat is out in CA, welcome all thugs, murderers, drug dealers and criminals of all persuasions.

And a double welcome if you are an illegal alien....'scuse me...undocumented immigrant.

ETA: And a double double welcome if you have been deported more than once and found your way back to CA.
edit on 30-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think the "Prosecutors" slow played it and fixed the case.

Nancy breathing a sigh of relief now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join