It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Italian town with 7 inhabitants will receive 80 migrants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nothing in the original article says that they will be left out of the NATO barracks where they are now. Those barracks are managed by the municipality of Verona, that decided to use it to house the migrants.

The original article says the migrants are from Ghana, Nigeria, New Guinea (probably a mistake with some other Guinea), Sudan and Ivory Coast. Of those four countries (ignoring New Guinea), two are mostly Christian, the other two mostly Muslim.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What are they fleeing from? Why are they seeking asylum in Italy from Ghana and Nigeria and Ivory Coast?

Despite the tensions, both Ghana and Ivory Coast — West Africa’s second and third largest economies — have insisted they remain on good terms.

Ghana is a major producer of gold and cocoa and began commercial oil production in 2010 following the discovery of the Jubilee oil field, which produces 100,000 barrels per day.

Ivory Coast, the world’s largest producer of cocoa, has a daily oil production of some 45,000 barrels and is aiming to increase its output to 200,000 barrels per day by 2020.

guardian.ng...
edit on 30-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
What are they fleeing from?

Nothing specific, they are immigrants, as the title says.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Does it not strike you that a town with 7 inhabitants most of whom are probably very elderly, sort of desperately needs an infusion of young blood before it turns into a ghost town?

No. There is a limit to what any small town can realistically integrate into its society. Are you trying to spin that the immigrants will magically understand the culture and ways overnight?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The article called them 'asylum seekers', so I assumed they were fleeing spontaneously.

An asylum seeker (also rarely called an asylee) is a person who flees his or her home country, 'spontaneously' enters another country and applies for asylum, i.e. the right to international protection, in this other country.
wiki

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes, that's a common problem with journalism these days, the title says one thing, the main text says something else.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I always try to read the source material to get a full picture.

I still don't know why these people are leaving Ghana, Nigeria, or Ivory Coast. I'll have to do some further study, because it seems like these places have fairly decent economies.

Maybe it is mostly homosexual men leaving as it is against the law in Ghana and many other African countries to practice homosexuality.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I saw a piece about immigration from Africa on Euronews a few months ago, and they said that one of the problems they have in many countries is the family that forces young men to go to other countries to get work and send them money, so if they do not go they appear as being against their family and turn into a kind of pariah.

That's one of the reasons the EU is trying to help those countries to create the conditions for people (specially young men) to find work in their own countries.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Hmm judge folk much? You don't know me nor what I know or have seen blah blah. I'm not telling anyone how they should act unless of course they are reading this forum. I'm expressing a well informed opinion
For your information, I was raised in Africa
I live in UK
I travel across Europe extensively
I'm active in Genocide Watch
I'm active in various Female Genital Mutilation Groups & Committees
Anything else you think I should do to "make the world a better place"? or perhaps those that make the world a bloody #ty place should do something about it and stop relying on the rest of the planet to sort out their crap

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I'm sure there is no harm, no foul, right?

NGO's tied to and funded by globalist George Soros as being involved in both human trafficking, and helping pay for ISIS terrorists to infiltrate the European continent.

Using the guise of 'aiding' Syrian refugees to get into European countries, these Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO's) are actually shipping non-refugees from North Africa who are part of an ISIS run smuggling operation.

... actively financing private ships to smuggle tens of thousands of illegal North African refugees into the EU via Southern Italy.

George Soros Linked to Funding Human Trafficking & Terrorism

edit on 30-11-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
And guess why this is happening in such huge numbers now? Oh yes Ghadaffi & Libya were the bouncers for Europe and stopped the North Africans from getting through. Then we bombed the hell out of him and his country now there's free passage through into southern Europe

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: eletheia

Hardly increasing the population?? More like starting a small nation??

Where are the facilities ... Houses, shops, sanitation, utilities for this

vast increase in population.

This is not diversity or intergration this is an invasion.

Get over yourself. There is no invasion.

You get over yourself, take a look at the EU immigration figures.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Correct.
The article says that they are only let out of the (former) barracks with a chaperone and strict rules.
Always supervised and traveling via shuttle.

It is possible that they are only going to be there, until more suitable housing is found.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Name a single country from which people are fleeing you have helped.
Do you have one you can name? Or do you just sit back in the comfort of your own home and make it your mission to stigmatize those who are fleeing conditions you know nothing about?

perhaps those that make the world a bloody #ty place should do something about it and stop relying on the rest of the planet to sort out their crap

You think the people making the world a #ty place want it to be better? Are you stupid? They're feeding off the mess they create.
edit on 1-12-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

I dont need to have a look. Muslim population a little under five percent.. Your point is mute..

edit on 1-12-2017 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Afghanistan and Zimbabwe.
And yourself? You been floating round the world doing good deeds then? People in glass houses and all that
Its not down to me to put the world to rights but cheers anyway I'll take it on board and file it away

Oh and stop with the name calling, so damn childish calling people stupid that don't agree with you isn't a debate nor a valid argument

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

so they locked them up in modern version of concentration camp? or they just gave bunch of foreigners a fortress?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join