It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS new Captcha Test: 'Upload a Clear Photo of Your Face' ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well not yet, but I think most of us have been around long enough to see how experiments such as these end up in the long term.
One way or another it typically becomes the industry norm via website,emails required to register on websites, etc.

Supposedly Instagram does this as well along with even some video games, but cant confirm as I don't have an instagram account or the video games that claim too.

Facebook’s New Captcha Test: 'Upload a Clear Photo of Your Face'

Facebook may soon ask you to "upload a photo of yourself that clearly shows your face," to prove you're not a bot.

linky

Some sites are supposedly going as far as requiring your picture holding your ID and a newspaper.

This is for a freaking video game email change request,crazy

A photo of your photo ID card, taken in front of today's physical newspaper clearly showing the date, or over your screen showing your open ticket needs to be added as an attachment to the ticket.

Please understand we will have to delete the tickets with the incorrectly added pictures, which may slow down the process for you.

The ID is a valid government-issued document and has not expired.
The picture of ID is added as an attachment to the ticket.

edit on 511130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 09:51:27 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Some sites are supposedly going as far as requiring your picture holding your ID.

Are people really stupid enough to comply with this? They should hold up their Social Security card too along with their bank pin number.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Some sites are supposedly going as far as requiring your picture holding your ID.

Are people really stupid enough to comply with this? They should hold up their Social Security card too along with their bank pin number.

You aren't very familiar with the human race apparently.

Odd, considering they are your main source of food.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Unfortunately, they outnumber the ones that aren't willing to go along with this. Wait long enough and even those of us that don't want to comply will be forced to comply one way or another.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

A sure fire way to get dick pics?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Point taken.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

A sure fire way to get dick pics?

LMAO , Just make sure to not be aroused when taking it.

Otherwise it might make it awkward to login at work to check your facebook or your in-laws house.

edit on 321130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 09:32:11 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

ATS new Captcha Test: 'Upload a Clear Photo of Your Face' ? Some sites are supposedly going as far as requiring your picture holding your ID and a newspaper.

Not surprising. MySpace did something similar back in the day.

If users forgot their password or something, said user would have to take and send a photo of his/her face holding a piece of paper with a security password that MS would email to the address on file.

As far as a picture of DL or other #, # that. Glad I got rid of all other social media that crap.

Then again, account (and online) security is a huge issue in this age.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Doesn’t bother me as I wear a gimp mask most of the time...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
All your face are belong to us.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That's for a video game, it's not unheard of given the value of some virtual items in certain games. People are constantly trying to hack accounts in those games, so it's basically for security, they aren't pulling anything nefarious.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42 I had to put on my new tinfoil hat before I delved into this thread
Unfortunately this will happen as younger people are so used to just complying with anything to get the use of some application or buying tickets. My work laptop has cotton and electrical tape over the camera and mic. I am lucky that the laptop is black and in my office it is turned towards me so I don't look like a crazy person. This all stink's to high heaven and that is why I have a copy of 1984 in my office, living room and bedroom to remind people what will happen. Oh and my bedroom that one is a reminder for me

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Next they will ask you to send in a picture of your dick , incase anyone uploads photo of said dick so they can compare dicks to see if there REAL of fake dicks and yes the world is #ing crazy .

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
All your face are belong to us.

What's a misplaced consonant between friends, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well not yet, but I think most of us have been around long enough to see how experiments such as these end up in the long term.
One way or another it typically becomes the industry norm via website,emails required to register on websites, etc.

Supposedly Instagram does this as well along with even some video games, but cant confirm as I don't have an instagram account or the video games that claim too.

Facebook may soon ask you to "upload a photo of yourself that clearly shows your face," to prove you're not a bot.

linky

Some sites are supposedly going as far as requiring your picture holding your ID and a newspaper.

A photo of your photo ID card, taken in front of today's physical newspaper clearly showing the date, or over your screen showing your open ticket needs to be added as an attachment to the ticket.

Please understand we will have to delete the tickets with the incorrectly added pictures, which may slow down the process for you.

Sorry I don't have enough hands to hold up my drivers license and a newspaper , while giving them the finger !!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That's for a video game, it's not unheard of given the value of some virtual items in certain games. People are constantly trying to hack accounts in those games, so it's basically for security, they aren't pulling anything nefarious.

This. If at any point you try to make changes to your World of Warcraft account, or your account gets hacked by nefarious people, and you can't 100% identify that you're the true owner of the account, you have to attach a picture of your ID when you send in a ticket for recovery of the account. There's a good reason for this. Hacking of accounts, illegal selling of hacked accounts and gold farming with the intent to sell the gold to players for real life dollars is a billion dollar industry in places like China. Add to this that players are more than willing to pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for these hackers to log into their accounts and "pilot" them to higher ratings in arenas and better gear and rare items in raids, it's a huge problem.

People using socially engineered stolen personal info to steal other people's accounts is a problem all across gaming. The only real way to affirm you are who you say you are in the event your account is ever stolen is via an ID that matches the name on the account. Otherwise, you aren't getting access to that account.

When the day comes that people are more aware that they need to protect themselves and their info online, and security reaches a point where hackers can no longer breach it, such measures will be needed. Otherwise, how do you prove you're really the owner of the account when the hacker of your account knows your secret question and answer and other personal info about you because you chose to broadcast a huge amount of personal info online via facebook, twitter, instagram, etc?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I don't get to know the yard bird....I just like the way he taste fried!!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

linky

Sorry I don't have enough hands to hold up my drivers license and a newspaper , while giving them the finger !!

Funny I was riding the bike to work today and saw the google earth car roaming around.....I gave google the number one myself...exactly what I think of them.

Sheesh wonder if I will get fired for this?

LMAO..

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No crap!

And no doubt most of the sheep would comply.

Then we will hear about the biggest security breach in history taking place shortly after FB servers get hacked.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

There's a good reason for this.

It always starts like that but never ends there.

Otherwise, how do you prove you're really the owner of the account when the hacker of your account knows your secret question and answer and other personal info about you because you chose to broadcast a huge amount of personal info online via facebook, twitter, instagram, etc?

And now they WILL have your face and identity as well. So no more secure than before and now you are exposed to more theft and identity issues beyond a video game.

edit on 461130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 11:46:24 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join