It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK now has the ability to couse a kessler effect.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Kandinsky

What's the point of being the leader of a nation where most of the citizens are dying? It'd be like owning a deserted island. I'm hoping that this realization will sink in, and cause Kim Jong to undergo the same transformation as "The Grinch".

For the kids in the audience.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Trump's bummed. He found out he doesn't have all of those powers.
But he does have one of them. The power to launch nuclear weapons.

Can't launch the Nukes without proper collaboration with military commanders though. That was a "shiny object of the day" issue last week.
Ref: www.huffingtonpost.com...
(Liberal Media was running out of negative things to say, so they re-visited the "unstable Trump-Nuke" well again.)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No,not all at once. I wonder how long it would take us to notice that this had started though. At first all we would know is that NK fired another missile. Some of the worlds communications ability would be compromised before we even knew anything was wrong. And who knows what would get hit first. How long would it take us to understand this is what the problem was.
They might have started the kessler effect with this recent missile. We just don't know it yet.

Sleep is for the weak!
edit on 29-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Something tells me that any North Korean rocket that looks like it's going to cause this problem will "mysteriously" malfunction.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

At first all we would know is that NK fired another missile.

You said it was going to be a fragmentation device. Nuclear or otherwise, we would know about it.

They might have started the kessler effect with this recent missile. We just don't know it yet.
How? Did something go boom up there?

edit on 11/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Vector99

Our response would be limited because the US military communications rely on satellite date to function at 100%.

To function at 100% yes, but even if all satellites were destroyed military communications would still continue in a slightly limited capacity.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What about the under rated false threat effect?

We're not supposed to even acknowledge that one in this Age of Hysteria.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Your source ends with this:

Ranking Senate Foreign Relations Committee Member Ben Cardin (D-Maryland) advocated congressional reassertion of authority. He said they should not trust the generals or a set of protocols to act as a check on the president, or rely on individuals hired by the president to resist an illegal order.

“Donald Trump can launch nuclear war as easily as his Twitter account,” Cardin cautioned.

We can trust people like Flynn. Reliable. Right?
edit on 11/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

What if the missile itself was the weapon. Used to smash into something the math tells them will start the reaction Did it ever come down? Where did it land?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What if the missile itself was the weapon. Used to smash into something the math tells them will start the reaction Did it ever come down? Where did it land?

I’ll ask again...

How would causing the Kessler Effect benefit Kim Yong Un?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I’ll ask again...

If he is insane it wouldn't mater.
or if it happens by accident.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Where did it land?

Japanese Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera said the missile reached an estimated altitude of around 4,000km and broke up before landing in the country's "exclusive economic zone".

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Your source ends with this:

Ranking Senate Foreign Relations Committee Member Ben Cardin (D-Maryland) advocated congressional reassertion of authority. He said they should not trust the generals or a set of protocols to act as a check on the president, or rely on individuals hired by the president to resist an illegal order.

“Donald Trump can launch nuclear war as easily as his Twitter account,” Cardin cautioned.

We can trust people like Flynn. Reliable. Right?

Did they propose these ideas with Obama?
Did they have these concerns with Generals around Obama or people he hired?

“Donald Trump can launch nuclear war as easily as his Twitter account...

No wonder their party is dying when they say such ridiculous things like this.
It’s almost as if they want him to serve 2 full terms.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Did they propose these ideas with Obama?
Not that I know of. Do you think Obama was a lot like Trump?

No wonder their party is dying when they say such ridiculous things like this.
I'm not so sure their party is dying.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I’ll ask again...

If he is insane it wouldn't mater.
or if it happens by accident.

I’m prone to believing if he was as “insane” as he is portrayed he would have already done something to confirm such a rumour.

I mean, he’s been in charge for about 5 years now, and all he has done is what they’ve always done, which is stock up on defensive measures.

As far as accidents go, he is as likely a possibility as any other fool shooting rockets/missiles into LEO...
Which is probably a fair amount of people. Known or unknown.

His chances are no greater than the others, but it does follow the narrative of the “unstable dictator” the media and governments love to plant into the minds of the masses...

In fact, it’s such a nice little theory to ponder, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone influential came across your thread and started running with the idea to demonise him further in the minds of the fearful and faithful.

I suppose I should add a disclaimer that I do not endorse his totalitarian style of regime, nor do I find Kim to be a victim.
I am just a little weary of some of the stories we hear about him though.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

In fact, it’s such a nice little theory to ponder, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone influential came across your thread and started running with the idea to demonise him further in the minds of the fearful and faithful.

Oh man keep an ear out for me guys.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
lol you guys are like a bunch of 10 year olds arguing about if Batman should use a gun or not...

Nothing can penetrate the firmament. The earth is flat, grow up and get over it

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Not that I know of. Do you think Obama was a lot like Trump

Personality wise, no. Presidentially, not in the slightest.

However to me, a warmonger is a warmonger.
& I find them all equally unqualified and undeserving of the position of a Nuclear weapons decision maker.

I'm not so sure their party is dying.

Right now, as I see it, they have two platforms.
Resist Trump & identity politics.

I don’t think that is a sustainable position, and is likely to lose them more voters as time goes by.

I say that because they’re not going to gain followers to those two causes, it’s a given that anyone not on board with that isn’t going to be convinced. Especially the way the Democrats go about it.

The only viable outcomes to continuing on this path is that either their base stays the same, which is useless as proven by the last election.
Or worse, they actually lose followers due to the polarisation of the two issues and division it feeds & the inevitable disenfranchisement of their base who actually want the DNC to offer more than just those two issues.

But we can agree to disagree on all of that.
I am an outsider, and I’m sure you have a better grasp of the situation living it on a day to day basis.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMZA

Batman.

Fictional.

The earth is flat.

Also fictional.

But really, playing along with your fantasy, even if the Earth was flat, there is still the fact that Space is real & visible and so is the debris... which kind of makes your point moot anyways.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

a reply to: TheMZA

Batman.

Fictional.

The earth is flat.

Also fictional.

But really, playing along with your fantasy, even if the Earth was flat, there is still the fact that Space is real & visible and so is the debris... which kind of makes your point moot anyways.

Space is real and visible but nothing can get there because nothing can get through the firmament

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join