It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GatewayPundit Journalist Lucian Wintrich Puts woman in headlock sparking melee gets arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

originally posted by: Tempter
He attempted to take back his property like a man should.

Scumbag lefties.

So it's ok to hit a girl for taking a piece of paper?

No wonder people call you right-wing idiots Nazis.

So it's ok to take a piece of paper that isn't yours like a 4 year old?

Sure we all know the guy at the podium is a Nazis so we really don't expect any better from him.

But when are the rest of us going to start acting like adults and not children? That's the disappointing part of this story.
edit on 29-11-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Looked like he grabbed her backpack to me..
In a room full of loud, obnoxious people(with nothing better to do)
What's he supposed to do? Ask politely for the girl to give back what she seemed determined to get out of the room with?

Probably, his best option would have been to use his mic to alert the police that the girl stole something from him.
In the heat of the moment though, he took action.
I'm OK with that, except for the fact that a loose knit mob started a half ass riot over it.
He didn't hurt the girl, and she brought it all on herself with her actions.

Hypothetically, if anyone was seriously hurt in the ensuing altercation, who would be at fault?
Who would the police be looking for if they wanted to press charges on whoever started the melee?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
After watching it and reading I agree it was a hit job. Police stand down, student instigates and steals, person attempt to get their notes/items back, police intervene.

Anyone with half a brain cell can see what occurred. He got baited.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 3daysgone

Seriously is that where we are now, you young ones actually think equal rights mean it's OK for men to beat up women?

No offense, but it's people like you that make me sick. It's this whole mentality that you can't ever do anything to a woman because you're a man that's gotten way out of control, and many women take complete advantage of. This right here is the perfect example of that. She rudely walks up and takes something that doesn't belong to her, but she's supposed to get a free pass because she's female?? No offense, but women aren't the soft, delicate little flowers many people have been raised to believe. Many of them are as tough as the toughest man, and many are as vile as the worst man.

Many women out there believe they can do whatever they want to any man scot-free. They can poke, push, hit, kick, claw, gouge, insult, you name it, they'll do it.......and get away with it thanks to men like you. I know, I dated one once. She was very abusive, and during one fight I got sick and tired of her punching me repeatedly, so I shoved her away so I could leave the house. The moment I did, she fell down and shouted "How could you!? I'm a woman!!!" It's thanks to people like you that these sorts take full advantage of. Worst part is, I bet you would want to fight me because of that shove, not caring at all about how abusive she was for as long as she was.

You can believe whatever you want, but I'm sorry, a vagina isn't a "Do whatever you want" card.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When women are being assigned to full combat roles in the military, yes, it's OK to treat them like the men now.

Or do you think enemies on the field of battle will treat them as ladies instead of shooting them and worse?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka
Watched the video on YouTube...not a headlock. He pulled her back by her shoulder and reached around her to get his property back.

She had no right to take it from him, and he had every right to be there speaking. She was in the wrong. MAYBE he should have had security (which I'm sure was there) retrieve it instead of getting it back himself, but as far as who was in the most wrong, it was her.

The goddamn college students these days are a joke on humanity. They all rail on and on about freedom and rights and tolerance, but they don't even understand the concepts upon which they claim their ideologies and motivations are founded.

F**k these students.

As for the speaker, I don't know his politics or beliefs, so if you want to claim that I'm defending this or that, I'm not, I'm just pointing out those who were in the most wrong. You can't take someone's property and not expect a reaction--this safety-in-numbers false confidence is a plague on our youth...and many of our "adults"...on all sides of politics these days.

And if she didn't get detained or arrested, those officers are passively (or actively?) enabling this type of behavior from these students.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
As an outsider coming to this thread I just have to say it's very confusing.

I see a lot of 'left wingers' focusing on the fact the person allegedly 'attacked' is a girl as part of the problem.
I see a lot of 'right wingers' ignoring her sex and focusing on the fact she stole something.

I thought it was meant to be the 'left' who believed in equal treatment for women? Certainly looks backwards here.

I'd love to have seen the reactions had this been entirely reverse...a female 'left wing' speaker stealing her paper back from a man who stole it.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

I don't know which is more pathetic: The debacle shown on the video or this OP and the ensuring discussion (if one can actually call it that.)

Everyone was wrong. The girl who stole the notes was wrong and the guy who manhandled her to get them back is wrong. The guy had a microphone!!! All he had to do was say into the mic, "Security, the girl in the red jacket just stole my papers and I want them back." Then let the big boys do the job they're paid to do.

If his pride and ego was really that damaged, and if he was really up to the challenge, he could have used words and his mic to make her regret her thievery. Even a simple observation like, "Awwwww, how sad, the silly girl in the red jacket thinks that taking my notes will shut me up... but I understand... silly little girls like that have to get their talking points from someone else because she doesn't have an original thought in her pretty little head... but look! I'm still talking!!!"

And everyone using this incident to justify violent assault on a woman for any reason except to protect life and limb is the MOST pathetic: a bully and therefore a COWARD. If that's all you've got, you've got less than nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

a reply to: 3daysgone

I will give a pro tip for free, if my gf did something stupid like that and you manhandled her for it, I would proceed to manhandle you so severely you would hide in your moms basement for the indefinite future.

Thank you for the chuckle--internet toughness is always amusing.

Here's a pro tip for you (one backed by and actually presented to me by my wife)--if a woman is willing to step up to a man as if she is physically equal, she must be prepared to be treated as such. Of course, my wife was in the military, so she may have a less victimhood approach to life than most women (and some men who think that women can't fight for themselves, or that they get a pass for assault or theft because they are a woman...isn't that sexist or something?). In any event, my wife isn't so ignorant to think that she can do something to a man without expecting a defensive reaction...call it intelligence, I suppose...more accurately, call it logic.

A man has every right to defend himself against any attack or theft, even from a woman, and to do so with appropriate force in order to neutralize said attack or to retrieve their property. You, on the other hand, don't have a right to attack someone who is defending themselves from such an attack, even if you think it's done in the name of chivalry.

Let me get this straight, you are fine with a man physically attacking a woman, that's says a lot about you doesn't it.

Let us all get this straight: You define a man stopping a woman from walking away with his stuff by pulling on her shoulder and then reaching for his property across the other side of her body "physically attacking a woman?"

You're all bass ackwards, man. You think that this is an attack, which it's not, then you think that it's okay to assault someone defending themselves from an attack or theft, simply because you FEEL that a man should not defend himself against a woman?

Come on...we need better critical thinking than this.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Everyone was wrong. The girl who stole the notes was wrong and the guy who manhandled her to get them back is wrong. The guy had a microphone!!! All he had to do was say into the mic, "Security, the girl in the red jacket just stole my papers and I want them back." Then let the big boys do the job they're paid to do.

Another person claiming that what happened in the video is "manhandling?"

Have we lost all ability to critically think about instances like this? Just because security was present doesn't mean that a man cannot retrieve his property from a thief. And again, as I and others have already noted, the speaker did not "manhandle" her, he pulled her by the shoulder and reached for his property; it wasn't a headlock (at least from the angles that I've seen) and it wasn't excessive force in the least.

If his pride and ego was really that damaged, and if he was really up to the challenge, he could have used words and his mic to make her regret her thievery.

Or, he could have done what he did in the face of blatant thievery. Again, just because you think that his position in front of a microphone negates his right to retrieve his property doesn't make it so.

And everyone using this incident to justify violent assault on a woman for any reason except to protect life and limb is the MOST pathetic: a bully and therefore a COWARD. If that's all you've got, you've got less than nothing.

Man, your opinion sure does hold a lot of weight with you, doesn't it? Maybe I think that you're a coward, thinking that he should just hide behind his microphone and "security" in order to get his stuff back. That's pretty much the definition of cowardice, but here you are, berating people who defend his actions (which was NOT a violent assault upon a woman) as being "the MOST pathetic" and "a COWARD."

That's not how the real world works...and nobody that I've read has said that he should have violently assaulted her...or that any man should violently assault a woman (or man) for taking their printed speech.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Scumbag lefties.

No, no, no it's Klanazis here in the States.
Klan cowards & wanna be nazi MRA pukes= Klanazi
edit on 29-11-2017 by aethertek because: CAPS

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
UCONN is

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
UCONN had what appeared to be a small get together for what was billed as a talk about "identity politics". From the videos that have been posted, it appears that perhaps he was being a bit provocative. A woman approached the podium and took a copy of the script he was using. At this point, Lucian evidently lost his composure and put the female student in a headlock. That is when cops grabbed him, put him in handcuffs and arrested him.

WTNH Link with videos

I didn't see anything but the speaker trying to retrieve his property. The press made it as though Lucian was the instigator and the reporter, in his best "breaking news" hyperbole, claimed a "choke hold."
UCONN is famous for indoctrination and not education. As a re-education camp it is the east coast equivalent of Berkeley and is not worthy of being called a University. It seems as though its only claim to fame is the women's basketball team.

In the future, Lucien would be wise to have several backup copies of his speech available when he speaks to UCONNazi's.

ETA: news.fsu.edu... this explains what so many are lacking AFTER they graduate with a Bachelor's degree.

edit on 11/29/2017 by pteridine because: add link

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I'm not going to justify this young women for grabbing his hate speech off the podium, but I'm certainly not going to have sympathy for someone who wants to spread racial hate! If a member or sympathizer for ISIS were giving a speech and was justifying their beliefs to an audience, do you think members of the audience would just sit there and allow that hate speech to recruit additional members to their twisted ideology? Most likely than not, you would have seen more than just one person approaching the podium and it wouldn't surprise me if the guy would be beaten! Both ideas preach hate and both are guilty of terrorism and killing innocent people. Sure, one is more extreme than the other, but the hate message is the same.

The adult response for the speaker should have been to get on his microphone and tell the security police to "stop that young women she's taken my notes!" I have no sympathy for the speaker. He knew he was going into a lions den when his request to speak was granted. It's not like this is the first time hate speeches like this ended up in violence.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Interesting. Went at her just enough to cause snowflake kneejerk outrage, but not enough so that he wont be able to not be able to make a case for himself as not Assaulting her (and get lots of followup interviews).

Maybe she was a stooge. Not that I wouldnt expect any of them not to do that anyways.

So then maybe the "a COPY of his speech" was Thee (only) "Copy" of the speech he had, and that especially given all the ruckus he realized he was screwed to try to finish his talk without a Pure Circus without it. Desperation kicked in.

Good times.
edit on 29-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Was he spreading racial hate by saying not to be ashamed to be white? That SJW Supremacism is wrong?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Scumbag lefties.

If it were a man that took that piece of paper and he attempted to wrestle it away would you still be in "virtue protect mode"?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Scumbag lefties.

If it were a man that took that piece of paper and he attempted to wrestle it away would you still be in "virtue protect mode"?

That little puke wouldn't have responded if a man took his paper, that's why he's a MRA wanna be nazi puke in the first place.

K~

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Maybe he identifies as a woman. Then would it be ok?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
That's not a 'headlock.' It's a feeble-looking guy trying to reach over an arrogant woman's shoulder to snatch back what she took from him. She's a woman with a good 2 or 3 stones advantage on the guy. It's more like school bullying with the weakling crying, "Give it back, give it back" and having no chance whatsoever.

I've never heard of the guy although he's described as 'far right' and is probably an asshole. That doesn't give her the right to decide whether or not he gets to do his speech. It'd be better if neither of these horrible types of people existed in society, right? Who needs dictators or bigots?! Thankfully we live in a free society in spite of these people.
I'd have grabbed her to get my stuff back. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Did he put his hands on her? Yes. That is manhandling. Did he have other options? Yes. Did he have better options? Yes. As soon as he laid one finger on her, SHE would have been justified if she elbowed him in the ribs and kneed him in the groin. But there is no justification for what he did. Minimize it if you wish... defend it all you want... you already know what I think of that. And, of course, you can think what you will of me. But I'm standing firm.

Further, I would say the same about anyone -- man or woman -- who would put their hands on another person -- man or woman -- for anything less than protecting life and limb. I don't care if it was the Marquis Diamond stolen... there is absolutely no justification for using physical force against a person for anything less, and especially when law enforcement/security is present. Period.

And apparently you aren't reading too closely... or are simply blinded by your own propensities... because, yes, there are plenty of folks in here not just defending violence, but violence against women specifically.

I will give you this much: I learned from the best. Most people haven't been so blessed. My dad was a big bear of a man -- six-and-a-half-feet tall and 250 pounds -- who knew and taught self-defense. He could break a man in two with his bare hands. But he wouldn't. He knew that violence and lethal force was always -- ALWAYS -- the last resort. He knew it was an option, and he knew he was quite capable of inflicting great damage on others, but he also knew it was his responsibility to use that power wisely and with the utmost restraint. When you've really "got it," you don't have to flaunt it.

Here's the proof in the pudding: I don't believe for a second that anyone here advocating violence against this woman or any woman would dare to go after my dad if he had done the same thing. That dude -- and everyone defending him -- would have been quaking in their boots at the very thought and cowering like a mutt with tail between the legs. He only did what he did because he thought he could get away with it... what a badass... Ooooh...

Some things are far more important than stuff. And I pity the fools who don't understand that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join