It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires ballistic missile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

You're right. With the effect of the sanctions getting worse every week, it's possible that Kim Jong May launch an attack out of pure desperation.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

originally posted by: notsure1
Wow not much infol

Just another fear factor yawn moment, just like all the others.

Rumours of Wars, again and again and again.

So let’s just wait and stay silent until one actually hits Japan before they report on it? Or?

I mean it’s not like it’s lies. The NK dictator did in fact launch a missile. Who else on this planet is doing such things?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obama visits China, NK fires missile.

The pathetic signal of the previous wussy in chief about to visit China is making Kim think a payoff is on the table.

Obama's meddling is dangerous to everyone on the globe. Why doesn't he just go golf fulltime instead of messing up the world.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Now, I doubt they have developed their missiles to the point of having the structural integrity to make it that far without losing bits and pieces on the way, but it does show they have taken a step forward in developing their engines for Icbms.
Since the great majority of the flight is in space, there isn't much to make it lose "bits and pieces" on the way. But once it's not boosting (after about 5 minutes or so) it's following a ballistic trajectory and there is only one "bit" that has to make it to the target. And nukes are like horseshoes, close enough is good enough.

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In the next few day's, the U.N will move forward with additional sanctions headed by the USA/UK/EU/AUS/Japan/South Korea/ and many others. Against these sanctions will be China/Russia/Iran/Syria/Cuba and minor others. The argument will be over sea interdiction, that is the next move of the big powers. Further caging North Korea, who will definitely push back especially in the middle of their winter manoeuvre's with the full army at readiness status + plus a couple of million new conscripts.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Obama visits China, NK fires missile.

The pathetic signal of the previous wussy in chief about to visit China is making Kim think a payoff is on the table.

Obama's meddling is dangerous to everyone on the globe. Why doesn't he just go golf fulltime instead of messing up the world.

Right you are. That's Trump's job and he's doing it better than anyone could have ever dreamed.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I guess any day now we'll start hearing stories of NK soldiers killing babies in incubators.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It takes a special kind of stupid to dismiss a mothertrucking NUCLEAR MISSILE LAUNCH from a sworn enemy.

I've been saying for years that with every launch they get closer and closer to being able to destroy millions of Americans. And now that time is here.

If we don't kill this teletubby NOW we are going to have a nuclear war.

Kill him now!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Never too late to start an indoor/outdoor victory garden and preserve what you can. When he was alive my grandfather said everyone should have a victory garden and I don't doubt it.

The way I see it all most of us can do is wait and see what happens and react when something actually happens.

I used to feel the adrenaline surging through my body at the slightest mention of these things- staying up for hours each night risking my sleep because I was certain SWHTF and I'd need to be ready to move or survive at the drop of a dime.

Now i'm more like, eh I've got what we need for a majority of situations and if # does go down in the middle of the night so be it.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
It takes a special kind of stupid to dismiss a mothertrucking NUCLEAR MISSILE LAUNCH from a sworn enemy.

I've been saying for years that with every launch they get closer and closer to being able to destroy millions of Americans. And now that time is here.

Kill him now!

How do you suggest that happens?

Start beaming the voice of God into the heads of all NK citizens stating over and over again:

SUPREME LEADER MUST BE STOPPED

That'd certainly have interesting results. Although they might think the voice was talking about the Iranian Ayatollah, cause according to the Saudi crown prince, he is the new Hitler.

Supreme leader

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not sure what North Korea launched, if its a re-purposed ICBM it might have lower stage elements that pollute downstream areas of the flight path. All kinds of old cold war rocket surplus available from Russia and China.

space.stackexchange.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Maybe. There are murmurs though, that they may be using modern engines from Ukraine.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with the post I replied to.

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If i not mistaken NK have uphold a agreement that was agreed upon that they were not going to test fire any ICBMs for two months. This proves that they at least fallow some common sense.

I guess our media and Trump dont want us to see it that way. NK also warned us prior to this test that they were going to test a missile.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
If i not mistaken NK have uphold a agreement that was agreed upon that they were not going to test fire any ICBMs for two months. This proves that they at least fallow some common sense.

I guess our media and Trump dont want us to see it that way. NK also warned us prior to this test that they were going to test a missile.

I mentioned in a post a few minutes ago that NK in the past have given notice to china, japan and the US before it would fire any missiles .

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: spy66

I mentioned in a post a few minutes ago that NK in the past have given notice to china, japan and the US before it would fire any missiles .

That is correct. They have

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There is so much shipping in Asian waters I can't imagine ther is zero risk. Even the Ukrainian 3 stage design drops debris downrange every launch.
North Korea probably payloads what they consider top secret technology that could not be trusted to an established launch facility outside North Korea, that and it would be more expensive than home grown ICBM conversions.
I'm not sure why the MSM doesn't report anything about the international oversight that goes into orbital insertions?
There was that news story about Gary Mckinnon finding evidence of space officers on the DOD computers.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Even the Ukrainian 3 stage design drops debris downrange every launch.

So do the US rockets.

There was that news story about Gary Mckinnon finding evidence of space officers on the DOD computers.
You're going sort of all over the place.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Mckinnon mentioned a list of “non-terrestrial officers” he found on a west coast server.
Sounds like a branch of the US military has oversight of at least some of the space infrastructure.
Los Alamos pioneered satellite keying very early on so its logical to consider the possibility that the same security used for nuclear weapons technology at Los Alamos would have been used to secure space vehicles.

Non disclosure agreements might prevent someone in the know from chiming in on specifics.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Kill him now!

It's really not that simple, if it was it would have been done long ago.

I really don't know what should be done, mainly because I don't have enough info. I don't know what our missle defense capabilities actually are, I don't know what North koreas true ability to quickly hit Seoul with artillery is, and I don't know what our ability to assasinate kim is and what the response to that would be. Nor do I know how China would really react if we attacked.

But I have a strong feeling the answers aren't to promising for the us, because if they were I think trump would have already acted.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm torn on this one.

On one hand, I really dig space-based missile defense tech. I'm pretty simple on this one, I just think it's cool. On the other hand, missile defense can be used for offense and that power would probably lead to more horrible things happening. I'm still not pro-war with North Korea though.

Here's a video of a (the?) current missile defense system in the works. It's expected to be done by 2020. That system should be able to stop something like a N. Korean ICBM. This one's aimed at multiple incoming targets but (I could be very wrong here) but if it can handle multiples then it should be able to handle one, right?

Or do we already have something better?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join