It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when the US Senate was bombed in 1983

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I was following a discussion about the Ohio Clock, aka the Senate Clock, a big grandfather-style clock that was ordered from the Philadelphia clock maker, Thomas Voigt, in 1815 and which has stood in or near the Senate Chamber since 1859.

The glass covering the clock's face was broken in the 1983 United States Senate bombing.

Our Senate chambers was bombed in 1983? How did I forget that tidbit of history? Who was responsible for that bombing?

It happened on Nov. 7, 1983, and was motivated by our involvement in Lebanon and Grenada.

en.wikipedia.org...

Six members of the left-wing extremist "Resistance Conspiracy" were arrested in May 1988 and charged with the bombing, as well as related bombings of Fort McNair and the Washington Navy Yard which occurred April 25, 1983, and April 20, 1984 respectively.

The group that perpetrated these bombings was known as "Resistance Conspiracy". (The Left DOES love the word 'resistance', don't they....Hillary Clinton: I'm 'Now Part of the Resistance')

(Wondering out loud: I wonder if Hillary knows Linda....Her husband, Bill, probably does. continue....)

Throughout the lifespan of the organization, twenty incidents of terror were committed including one fatality inflicted. Most of the incidents involved bombings and sabotage

This bombing seemed to replicate an earlier attack on the capitol which occurred in 1971. Committed by the Weather Underground, a left wing terror group related to the Resistance Conspiracy....

After a five-year investigation, federal agents arrested six members of the Resistance Conspiracy, on May 12, 1988

One of these Resistance members was Linda Evans. She's real piece of work. She was also involved with the Weather Underground, the same subversive group that Bill Ayers was part of.

On January 20, 2001, the day he left office, President Bill Clinton commuted Evans's sentence.

She still considers herself a revolutionary and political activist to this day. She is known to have used many aliases.

The point of this thread is threefold. #1 - Another clock? #2 - Another left-wing domestic terrorist released #3 Just a history lesson

edit on 28-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Leftists love bombing and killing people who don’t agree with their “peaceful” ideals...

Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorn come to mind...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Leftists love bombing and killing people who don’t agree with their “peaceful” ideals...

-Chris

"U"SA loves bombing and killing people who don’t agree with their “peaceful” ideals...

Reagan and Bush come to mind...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

"She still considers herself a revolutionary and political activist to this day. She is known to have used many aliases."

Umm...pssst! I consider myself revolutionary compared to most opinions I hear from regular folk. You wanna lock me up too? Brain police, really?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't do #, but I think it sometimes.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Don’t make me explain Grenada...
Or Islamic terrorism...

Read a non-fiction book for once..

-Chris

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

-Chris

Did you know that Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorn served dinner to Andrew Breitbart at their home just days before Andrew keeled over from a "heart attack"? It's an interesting story.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

-Chris

Look, we are talking about leftist. That means we
A: Ignore the killing and hail them as civil rights heroes like good old Che
or
B: Label them as "alt-right", everyone you don't like is a nazi

(Bonus if you can somehow blame Trump)
"I hear Ayers stayed in a hotel once...Trump owns hotels"

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Interesting, I'm guessing the reason this isn't discussed very often is that it's pretty boring, relatively speaking. Political bombings where the perpetrators were careful to warn everyone that there would be a bombing? No fatalities or injuries? You can't get pictures of blood and entrails covering walls, pictures of people wailing in agony, interviews with the injured and those that lost loved ones, so it doesn't have that hard hitting edge that news organizations like to reel you in.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

-Chris

That's funny, because I've never killed, or had the urge to kill anyone I don't agree with.

Since I am a blood-thirsty leftist killing machine, as you have generalized, I wonder why that is?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Or Islamic terrorism...

-Chris

Why'd we bomb and invade Iraq than?

Were they supporting Islamic terrorists that attacked us on 911 or something?

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Or Islamic terrorism...

-Chris

Why'd we bomb and invade Iraq than?

Were they supporting Islamic terrorists that attacked us on 911 or something?

The US invaded Iraq because George W. Bush falsely claimed that Saddam Hussein possessed hidden stockpiles of biological and chemical warfare agents and was involved in 9/11. Saddam was overthrown and the seeds for a democratic government in Iraq planted, but the new Iraqi democracy faced the challenge of sectarian violence fueled by al-Qaeda terrorists in Iraq who called the Shiites in positions in the new Iraqi government religious heretics.
edit on 12-9-2022 by Potlatch because: Fixed grammatical error

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

So you have no problem with democrats bombing the US Capitol on your ideological behalf?

Or those bombers advising future presidents?

Good to know.

What is your opinion on those that walked through open doors on J6?

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Holy necro batman!

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You are leaving out a bit. The "Weather Underground" (WU) was a faction that split off from the "Students for a Democratic Society"(SDS). One of the players in the SDS was none other than Hilary Rodham, who would later become Hilary Clinton.

In 2008 Barack Obama openly stated that Bill Ayers was his "mentor". Look up Bill Ayres and see how he is considered in the field of Education and ask yourself why our schools are the way they are?

It all ties together. Add in the "45 Communist Goals for the US" and you will see that it isn't an accident, it is a systematic attack.

top topics

join