It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear your seat belt you selfish Ahole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Horrible thing at any time, and worse around a holiday! I don't understand why people ignore such basic safety precautions. I knew someone who claimed one could be stuck, if a car crashed into water. I attacked a blade to the dash, with velcro, to cut a seat belt if needed, and shut that down fast!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

If people are too cool/proud/backwards to wear a seat belt they should use their politics.

Conservatives can tell themselves they're reducing their tax footprint because more crashes will require less medical treatment. It'll cost them less money in vehicle and medical insurance in the event of a crash. More time earning money; less time in hospital beds sucking on the tax payers teat. Fiscal for the win.

Progressives can look at it as sparing emergency responders from unnecessary exposure to lacerated upper bodies and shattered ribcages. No PTSD for medics if the drivers wear belts and fall gently into the driver's airbags. More time for sensitivity training and protests.

Liberals would reduce the overall tax burden of their fellow citizens. Fewer road traffic emergencies also equals minimal road miles by ambulances. Less carbon emissions; cleaner environments. Emergency responders can spend more time doing voluntary work in 'the community.'

However we cut it, face-planting the steering wheel or windscreen is an avoidable waste of someone else's time and tax payer money.

edit on 11.28.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Seatbelts are a great idea, however the only reason they are mandatory in most states is because it saves the insurance companies from paying out on claims.a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I "love" how the stupid stinkers are FLYING from their cars bc they did not use their seatbelts.

I have no mercy on them. They are the only ones to blame for HEAVY, AVOIDABLE INJURIES, usually on their head, leaving them human cabbage/without a face/whatever incredibly serious can happen do your head.

You lost someone because they didn't wear their seatbelts because of "freedom" or "I learned it that way"? I am sorry for your loss.

These are the people who buy # like this Go die, idiot!!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more.

What's the fastest a human body can naturally travel? It would hurt running head first into a windscreen and that's just around 10mph.

Two cars crashing head first into each other at 30mph could have someone go through the windscreen and ruin another's day.

People die off 30mph crashes, it's rare but possible. Flying bodies whether inside the car or not isn't desirable.

Wear a seat belt.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Let me just advise as an emergency responder.

A child thrown into and or out of a crashed windshield.. or a little sweet grandma mushed into the dasboard.. 1/2 out of and body parts stuck inside...while the rest of her is tossed 35 feet across the street...

The above and worse should remind everyone to buckle up.

*child car seats should be buckled in BACKWARDS, not facing front.

Please members.. Just put it on, ok!?!

EMT/LIFE SUPPORT
edit on 28-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Laws should protect others from your stupidity, not seek to protect you from yourself.

And if the taxpayers having to pay for your mistake is the biggest "harm," then we need to look at those systems. No one should have to pay for anyone else's stupidity, and a system that makes us do so is criminal and a system that enables the very same stupidity it tries to punish people for engaging in.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Laws protecting children are perhaps a bit different. Children are not yet at an age where they can take steps to protect themselves.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I don't care if some wears a seatbeltor not they only put themselves in danger. Cops where I livewil stopyou in a heartbeat if they think you are not wearing one. But they so nothing about people speeding. Let me ask you witch driver is putting more people at risk? The dumb ass witjno seatbelts or the speeder. Cops news to get there priorities fixes here

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
My motorcycle doesn't have a seatbelt.

Heh heh.....

Mine either.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I was just going to point this out, because complaining about not wearing seat belts seems moot when other modes of motorized transport don't have it, either.

At the end of the day, we all make choices that can have Darwin lurking in the shadows waiting to dole out the award. It's life.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Life has teeth and none of us are making it out alive..

While wearing a belt is safer in general (I always wear mine, when applicable), its hard to say that the person who died here would have been better off in this specific circumstance. Its certainly claimed often enough to have become "truth," and certainly a percentage would have been well served to wear that belt, but the reality is people die in car wrecks while doing absolutely everything "right" too.

Life is pretty much all red in tooth and claw.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: seasonal
In most areas seat belts are legally required. So that is one freedom that has disappeared. Wonder what freedom we will say good bye to next?

Driving isn't covered by the constitution. You gotta obey laws, no freedom to go 100mph in a school zone...seems common sense

You know, i'd agree with you if the government didn't demand that I have an income and pay taxes of various sorts to live on property that I already own.

I guess I could return to the unregulated modes of travel available when the country was founded. LOL, the notion that the right to utilize the modern methods of travel not being constitutionally protected seem ridiculous to me. In 1776 we didn't live in a world where people had to commute to work each day.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Then in that case, choose to wear a helmet.

Here in KY, there's no helmet law (as I think is the way that it should be), but the shear lack of intelligence with the amount of people who don't wear one just because it's not a law is astounding.

There should be no "safety laws," IMO, but people should still use intelligence on the matter.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle doesn't have anything to protect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join