It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Personal attacks are emotional responses of anger, and fear, and insecurities.

I'm not wasting my time dealing with people who can't defend their argument, so they start acting like little babies that just s*&^ in their diapers.

Problem is, I can defend my argument. Anybody who uses science in the wrong way and believes they are using it correctly is dumb. For example, trying to use science to prove the earth is flat, when in reality, if the science is used correctly, you would not be able to have an argument to say it is flat. Simply put, that person is dumb. I'm the no f***'s given type and calls em how I sees em. Im an asshole, I know. Sorry, not sorry.
edit on 12-2-2018 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: turbonium1

why is the moon and all other planets round?

It's possible there are others not round, too. Why are we the only planet with life, is that round planets do not support life.

Why do you hate reality by denying it?
edit on 12-2-2018 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Personal attacks are emotional responses of anger, and fear, and insecurities.

I'm not wasting my time dealing with people who can't defend their argument, so they start acting like little babies that just s*&^ in their diapers.

its really nothing personal dude...

When we have pages of you ignoring replies, only for you to go on a rant, denying basic proven ideas in sciences... and repeating the same things that have been explained to you in the simplest of terms.... theres only a few words that can describe such a person...

Most arn't allowed here... lol

I'm referring to their actual instruments. Your side is talking about it being an 'illusion'.

Which one is denying proven science, here?

Welp, it's you. It's been you from the start. You ignore science.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's possible there are others not round, too. Why are we the only planet with life, is that round planets do not support life.

How are the phases of the moon and Venus explained? Why does the moon turn from a circle to a crescent and back?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carabao

Their actual instruments will adjust to the slightest curve accordingly...

No, they don't.

The attitude indicator bases level flight on the horizon. The vertical speed indicator bases level flight on the air pressure around the plane. They have nothing to do with the ground below.

And the altimeter bases altitude on sea level. Not the ground below.

Which instruments adjust to curvature during flights, then?

I've never heard of one.

Level flight on a sphere, that's the whole point.
Or do you think that level flight is only possible on a flat plane?

Level flight is measured by horizon, and air pressure around the airplane. So if it was a "level flight on a sphere", the plane would continue it's level flight, and the Earth would curve downward. Level flight has nothing to do with the ground below. It stays level in air, level to the horizon. It does not fly in a descent, in an arc, because it would not be flying level at that point.

Nope. Congratulations, 0/10. Level flight is tied to the altimeter and the trim of the plane. This is very, very, simple physics.
That or you are trolling us all.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Let a flat earther explain p and s waves in seismology.
That should be fun.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

originally posted by: testingtesting

It doesn't need to the aircraft will naturally follow the curvature of the earth because the atmosphere also follows the curvature of the earth.

Did you watch these videos?.

Yes, I did watch the videos.

The plane is stationary, while the 'Earth' rotates below it. The problem is that planes aren't stationary. They fly over the Earth. Which means if there's a curvature below, the plane must fly over that curvature.

Same problem as before.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Again, you're being willfully ignorant, because again, you can't understand a simple concept, or you're trolling.

Never said it flies level.

It follows the curve of 0.0144 degrees per mile. A cure so gradual, it feels level.

Come on. Go do the experiment. It will either convince you, or you'll at least come back here with some new material, instead of blathering on about the same thing over and over that I never said.

It doesn't matter if it "feels level", the instruments INDICATE whether or not it is level.

Same problem as before.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Here's a video with sunsets.

No, its a flat earth video.

Where is it shown in the clip?...

I don't know, you posted it so you should know what is in it. I didnt watch it.

I asked if you have eyes and legs to see and walk.

Is the answer is no, is this is why you need a video and you have never seen a sun set?

please stop trolling.

Trolling is asking why this or that seems to show this or that, without even having an example of it.

You say a sunset looks bigger at one point, then ask me how it can fit in the flat earth argument....

If all sunsets look bigger at a certain moment, you'd point it out in the clip I posted.

The video shows sunsets, but there's no 'bigger' sun at certain point(s), though.

How could you say all sunsets look 'bigger', but you can't even show one example?

You just laugh about the idea of having to show something 'we have all seen, and we all know, which happens for each and every sunset'!

If YOU had an argument to support a round Earth, that would help, first of all!!

Talk about trolling!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: carabao

Their actual instruments will adjust to the slightest curve accordingly...

No, they don't.

The attitude indicator bases level flight on the horizon. The vertical speed indicator bases level flight on the air pressure around the plane. They have nothing to do with the ground below.

And the altimeter bases altitude on sea level. Not the ground below.

Which instruments adjust to curvature during flights, then?

I've never heard of one.

Level flight on a sphere, that's the whole point.
Or do you think that level flight is only possible on a flat plane?

Level flight is measured by horizon, and air pressure around the airplane. So if it was a "level flight on a sphere", the plane would continue it's level flight, and the Earth would curve downward. Level flight has nothing to do with the ground below. It stays level in air, level to the horizon. It does not fly in a descent, in an arc, because it would not be flying level at that point.

Nope. Congratulations, 0/10. Level flight is tied to the altimeter and the trim of the plane. This is very, very, simple physics.
That or you are trolling us all.

Show me any sources for your claim, please...

I've shown the sources that support my argument. Which is that the attitude indicator and vertical speed indicator measure whether or not the plane is flying level.

It doesn't matter if the surface below is spherical, or flat, or whatever else, while a plane is flying level. That's what you fail to grasp.

The instruments read level flight as a plane not in a descent, not in an ascent, as LEVEL.

You all have this idea that a plane is flying level over the ground, and instruments take the curvature into account, without noticing so. All of it 'just happens that way'.

No. The instruments will measure it, as level, or not.

We cannot fly level over a sphere, no matter how enormous in size, no matter if we cannot 'feel' any of the curvature, being it is a very, bery slight curvature, etc.

Observe ships going over the curvature of Earth, as proof....

End of story.

A ship.

The proof of curvature was vanishing ships, trying to weasel out of your 'proof' shows the actual intent is deception, not truth.

This was always what proved the curvature, nothing else. A ship has sailed over the curve of Earth.

They coupled it with the story of how the people feared sailing off the world, being a flat earth, that's how dumb we were, back then. We can't see how people were so dumb, but it's true!!

All of that was about a ship that vanished over the curve, water curved around a ball, by inventing a planet-strength superglue, that holds oceans to a ball, an entire atmosphere above it as well, while it holds a moon at distance, too.
It has less bonding power in orbit, when objects can float freely, but held at the same time to Earth.

Apparently, superglue of planets is not a stupid idea, while a controlled, protected environment makes no sense!

Every other celestial body we have seen beyond Earth has no life, while they assume that life must thrive everywhere around the universe, being how there are billions of other planets similar to Earth, apparently.

We have been trained to believe all their lies are true.

Earth is round, we always see it as a globe. The weather reports start with a partial globe. Did you realize Earth shapes itself into a beanie-top above North America? If you don't believe me, then watch the TV weather reports.

It doesn't have to show a little beanie on top of Earth, but it's about showing Earth is round - thus, we have a scalp-top Earth.

A cartoon globe.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
rantings of a madman...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It is very important to mock and ridicule anyone who suggests that the world might not be round.

What is the reason to shame and insult anyone for what they believe?

I remember being taught about the world being round in first grade, right up to high school.

Ships vanished because the Earth was round, obviously!

The flat Earth was based on our ignorance of the world, at the time. A ship would fall off the Earth, if you sailed too far. There were sea serpents, too.

Everyone giggles, and laughs, at this. How dumb people were, back then!

And we immediately laugh at the very idea, even now.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Every child must know - in first grade - that the Earth is round.

More important, though, it to tell all children we had once believed the Earth was completely flat. Like a 'pancake'.

Sailors feared falling off the Earth, and they feared serpents, along the way.

For it was a world we didn't understand yet, so it was ignorance which fueled their craziest beliefs. None crazier than the Earth was flat, obviously!!

Evolution told us we were all apes, long ago. Here's our evolutionary chart, to prove it!!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If the Earth were flat then cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The flat earth society has members all around the globe.

Deluded members.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You say a sunset looks bigger at one point,

Are you being serious?

You are trolling and its all here for any readers to see.

NO I didn't say sunsets look bigger at one point.

Maybe read whats written. or don't purposely misinterpret a simple question.

The video shows sunsets, but there's no 'bigger' sun at certain point(s), though. How could you say all sunsets look 'bigger', but you can't even show one example?

Again, stop trolling and bringing up nonsense that has no relevance to standing outside at 2 different times of day.

Forget videos, if you want discuss videos log onto YouTube and go for your life.

A few posters have asked you and given you real life examples you can do or try and I have asked to explain why the sun looks to get bigger at sunset if you compare it to the midday sun and how that possible fits with the flat earth theory because its the opposite what the flat earth theory suggests.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's been my experience that the majority of Flat Earthers that post here on ATS are doing so to troll. They are not interested in actual debate. In fact, you'll find that they'll do the following:

1) Ignore facts put before them.

2) Deflect by not answering questions put before them, but will bring up something else.

3) Repeat the same thing over and over, even after it's been shown to be wrong.

4) Attempt to take what others have posted and twist their words to fit their agenda.

5) Refuse to do anything that's suggested to them to prove whether they are right or wrong (experiments), or refuse to show their results.

They are not here to debate. There here for the lulz and trolling. They literally get off on it.

Best thing to do? Let it die. Ignore them once it's realized what they are doing.

Majority of ATS'ers are very intelligent, and can see what FE'ers are doing.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Trying to rationalize with a Flat Earther is like trying to tell a Donald Trump supporter that everything he says is bull.

To be honest, I've never seen a group with a belief system so strong in something. That being said, they will typically ignore anything that scientifically proves they're wrong. They claim that fish eye lenses in cameras distort the image to make it look curved.

Flat Earth theorists back up the assumption that no matter how silly someone's position is on something, they can find something online that will back them up.

The internet is a really dangerous place for the uninformed and the easily led.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Nope, still 0/10. Please go away and take a class in basic physics, because this is just getting embarrassing.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join