It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests vs The Religious Conspiracy... Explain to Me Why Believers Believe.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

"Explain to Me Why Believers Believe."

They have a defect in the brain that allows any conman to put whatever they want there and they believe its true. One of these days there will be a pill for that.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

So rude, and uncivil.

I'm so glad I'm not an atheist any more.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Yes, how do they explain that Jesus's book, the Bible, is the best selling book in history. And Jesus is still identified as a Savior thousands of years later, making him the most famous person in history. What and who else has made an impact on this world in every single nation!!?? Jesus was arguably the most famous motivational speaker at the least and a world shaper at best. He also performed miracles and healings that are documented. Atheists work hard to maintain the demons fleeting grasp to blind people to the Savior Jesus Christ, God's son manifest on earth that sacrificed his life to wash our sins away and give us entry into heaven. Make no mistake, the fallen angels are working to wage their failed war from heaven to earth. Hoping to get the disbelievers to enlist others to deny the Triune (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit) so they are able to win those souls and take them to hell with them. God is battling back against these fallen angels with true believers on earth. Atheist blame God for disease and problems on earth, but it is the influence of these demonic fallen angels that rain disease and problems on our earth in the natural. Prayer and God gifted good doctors in the natural will overcome the satanic influence. On top of that there are Supernatural manifestations too.

I've met Bruce Van Natta who had been Supernaturally healed by God. He had his intestines, pancreas, and liver regenerated immediately when he was prayed over. The doctors have MRI scans to prove this and have no answer as to why this immediately happened. Livers can be regrown over time, but not intestines and pancreas. This stuff happened immediately. My cousin was in the room when this happened. Bruce was starving to death because he didn't have much intestine to absorb food. Now with his unexplained extra intestine, he is living a full life and sharing his testimony.
edit on 29-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Lets see a book written by 40+ people over 1500 years according to biblical scholars, and this is interesting

The first Christian writings to talk about Jesus are the epistles of St Paul, and scholars agree that the earliest of these letters were written within 25 years of Jesus’s death at the very latest, while the detailed biographical accounts of Jesus in the New Testament gospels date from around 40 years after he died.

Handed down stories
as we all know man has a tendancy to embellish stories.

So I will ask you & AnkhMorpork if your god is so powerful why did MAN all over planet Earth in small geographical areas have their own god(s) with their own creation stories which have just as much right as your's to be believed & why are many stories in your book of fairy tales adaptions of stories from other religious text with names changed to protect the innocent as they say on tv

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Maybe God had planned to seed his word throughout the years to intertwine it with generations, As to why earth was seeded as it was, well you can ask him personally when you pass on.

Did you even watch the Bruce Van Natta video!? He had 5 major artery's severed when the logging truck fell on him. When thy lifted the truck up he should have bled out in 5-7 minutes. instead he survived over 2 hours to get to the states best trauma center without blood on the way. The docs cannot explain it. Neither can you. It was Supernatural in the God sense.
edit on 30-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: wmd_2008

Maybe God had planned to seed his word throughout the years to intertwine it with generations, As to why earth was seeded as it was, well you can ask him personally when you pass on.

Did you even watch the Bruce Van Natta video!? He had 5 major artery's severed when the logging truck fell on him. When thy lifted the truck up he should have bled out in 5-7 minutes. instead he survived over 2 hours to get to the states best trauma center without blood on the way. The docs cannot explain it. Neither can you. It was Supernatural in the God sense.

I'm don't know why "it cannot be explained" ends up being explained as "because God".

I'm pretty sure we humans (including doctors and other experts) do not know everything there is to know about how that person you mentioned could have possibly survived. It could have just have been due to an unknown reason -- but an unknown natural physiological reason.

"Unknown" does not mean "not possibly natural".

edit on 30/11/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Nature is the physical construct of God.
edit on 30-11-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Bruce Van Natta is listed as the only the only person worldwide to survive having 5 major arteries severed in a trauma study. So there is your proof of God's intervention. It is Supernatural, meaning beyond natural means. Watch the video I posted before commenting.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

While I have no proof if God exists or not (if I could prove it either way -- proof supporting or proof against -- then I'd be famous), I do know for a fact that there are things once thought to be "obviously the work of a supernatural force" that ended up being naturally explainable once we gained more knowledge.

Sure -- I suppose it is within the realm of possibility that the guy in your video survived for no other reason but God's intervention. However, it is also possible that he goy lucky and a series of natural circumstances kept him from bleeding out.

What I'm saying is that "Because God" is not the only possible explanation. I may not have that other non-God explanation, but that does not mean such an explanation does not exist.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

God exists. No explanation for Bruce to recover. Pray and regain the grace of God.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Faith (one word)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The educational system does a terrible job of teaching kids basic logic and critical thinking skills. These are far more important than the Ten (613, actually) Commandments:

Logical Fallacies

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Let me simplify this.

I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, Mary and Joseph because he is a God of Love. Hate being taught in any religion is your clue it is false. IMO, when we learn to love each other, which is hard to do, then we are ready for full understanding of God and not much sooner than that point.
It is your love for others that will be the only way to God. That is what I think Jesus was saying. Jesus is our conduit. Thru him and following "love thy neighbor as yourself", so many good things are more possible. Even for those who don't even know God yet.

I do know I don't want to follow doctrines of hate.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The educational system does a terrible job of teaching kids basic logic and critical thinking skills. These are far more important than the Ten (613, actually) Commandments:

Logical Fallacies

I don't know about more important than the Ten Commandments but you are right. They are doing a terrible job but it isn't the teachers fault at the classroom level. It is the bloated federal system eating up money mandating BS like 'no child left behind' liberals who have done this.

To defend the Ten, I say think of them as "laws of nature". If you steal from people, cheat on your wife, covet others wives and stuff, hero worship and tell lies about people , then you are sure causing some major trouble for yourself!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
To defend the Ten, I say think of them as "laws of nature". If you steal from people, cheat on your wife, covet others wives and stuff, hero worship and tell lies about people , then you are sure causing some major trouble for yourself!

I think the bulk of them can be summed up as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That's not divinely inspired. That's just common sense and not being an a-hole.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Justoneman

I think the bulk of them can be summed up as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That's not divinely inspired. That's just common sense and not being an a-hole.

Well that is what I was saying to think of them as laws of nature. For the Judaeo and Christian faith those are God's laws.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Listen to Ravi.

This lecture by Christian philosopher Ravi Zacharias deals with defending the existence of God particularly against atheistic critiques. This lecture is taken from the 2007 Ligonier Conference "Contending For The Truth"

edit on 11 30 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Fear...

Of life, and death, the unknown, the why.

Even i have it.. But i dont think there is a god or gods...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Listen to Ravi.

The whole notion that the existence of God has to even be defended is already a huge strike against it. I don't see anybody defending the existence of gravity.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

Because at ten years old I could see that
atheism is far more perposterous than any
religion. So yes, even belief in the spaghetti
monster makes more sense than just opting
out. But if thats thier choice fine. They can
scream from the mountain that God does
not exist. But they can never say he couldn't
exist.

top topics