It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests vs The Religious Conspiracy... Explain to Me Why Believers Believe.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Freewill is possibly and quite probably illusory.

It's like Santa Claus for adults, a beautiful illusion that we probably could not exist without.

How did the angel's rebel again?

Don't dodge the question please, how does a tool with no freewill manage to rebel and breed with another race?
edit on 7-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So none of your own words then just some religious nut on Youtube.

Tell you what i have a spare 23 mins ile get back to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nut!? You have fallen to the dark side.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Luke, i am your father.

What colour is your lightsaber?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The color of truth and light.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well that's 23 minutes I'm not going to get back. LoL

Honest opinion mate i did not hear anything said in that video that i have not heard before, time and time again, simple religious twaddle from deluded old Men with there own agenda to satisfy and pander towards.

So "Jesus is coming soon" and we have to "be ready" eh?

Well it's his birthday on the 25th, just in time really.

Accept i think Christianity stole that date from the druids winter solstice, and why was that? Repetition essentially would be my answer.

I played your game, your turn now.

Give these short videos a view and tell me they don't pose some rather interesting questions by some very smart people pertaining to reality, religion, and our interpretations of such?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Pray, tell what is the colour of truth?

Keeping in mind one Mans truth is another Mans lie.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

“You seem rather impressed with our achievements, but what has God painted or created that's beautiful? Certainly not Humanity that's for sure.”

If there is no good or evil, then how can people be beautiful or not beautiful in you context?

The seems more about you projecting your self image on humanity.

I have met many a people of beautiful sprit that give generously, survived floods, survived hurricanes, and gladly seek their spiritual/Godly knowledge.

Are you confused. People have free people. If people don’t have free will, what dictates there actions!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You seem materialistic? and are not happy with a reality that is only physical. The irony.

You claim there is no supreme moral authority, but you find the actions of humankind not beautiful? If there is no moral authority, then why would people act a certain way,

You want people to be beautiful, but ridicule those that seek wisdom from people that have spiritual talents?

I think you really need to do some soul searching. Or do you claim not to have a soul? A living spirit?
edit on 7-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

"If there is no good or evil, then how can people be beautiful or not beautiful in you context?"

Shades of grey can be beautiful, can they not, same with our very human constructs of good or evil.

"If people don’t have free will, what dictates there actions!"

That ticket would be predestination i imagine and another one of Gods many talents. Keep in mind i nether subscribe to or discount the notion of free will i simply suggest that it may be an illusion of sort, if a very pretty one, certainly desirable from humanities very egotistical point of view.

"The seems more about you projecting your self image on humanity."

How so?

"I have met many a people of beautiful sprit that give generously, survived floods, survived hurricanes, and gladly seek their spiritual/Godly knowledge."

And im sure they have some very tragic tales to tell.

Have to wonder though if god causes said hurricanes and floods why bother to save them, so they can tell their tale and thank a supposedly benevolent creator for saving them and allowing continued existence per-chance.

Why not just prevent dangerous weather and/or hurricanes/floods occurring in the first place?

"Are you confused."

Immensely so about many a different question and dilemma.

Are you confused?

"People have free people."

Sounds a bit strange, freedom is the ultimate illusion, my friend, that's a simple fact. Today's freedom equates to security and costs a heavy price.

"If people don’t have free will, what dictates there actions!"

I don't know the answer to that question conclusively, nobody does, but possibly all human behavior can be explained by the clockwork laws of cause and effect.

It is already known that electrical activity builds up in a person's brain before he/she for example, moves there hand. Believe it or not a guy called Benjamin Libet showed that this buildup occurs before the person consciously makes a decision to move.

So in principle, we may be completely predictable. If we could understand an individual’s brain architecture and chemistry well enough, we could, in theory, predict that individuals response to any given stimulus with 100 percent accuracy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You seem to think you know a lot about me, this is not the case.

But feel free to cast you classic religious net, and tell me I'm missing something and require guidance.

Your free to try and climb inside my head buddy, i dont think you have the minerals for it, but try as you must.

Even if you could i dont imagine you would like or even understand whats in there. I know i dont. LoL

I don't know if a have a Soul or not, neither do you.

Its an interesting question, lets just say i tend to hedge my bets.

Do dogs and/or other animals have souls?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You

“You seem rather impressed with our achievements, but what has God painted or created that's beautiful? Certainly not Humanity that's for sure. “

Then you post this

“Shades of grey can be beautiful, can they not, same with our very human constructs of good or evil. ”

You said humanity is not beautiful.

If you are just going to contradict yourself, this is pointless. Go find another sap to suck attention from.
edit on 7-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Addecand fuxed

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Life is a contradiction, my friend. Deal with it.

I don't think Humanity is beautiful, certainly not the paradigm we seem to be following and have followed throughout recorded history and probably long before.

Lets just say i think we have the potential to appreciate the beauty of the universe should we ever get our act together and address the real problems and the larger questions we face as a race.

But it could go either way, as our capacity for destruction and penchant for control is just as immense as our ability to problem solve, understand, and overcome obstacles.

I suggest that humanity has a lot to learn about empathy yet, especially towards one another never mind the garden in which we play.

"If your just going to contradict yourself, this is pointless. Go find another sap to suck attention from."

No contradiction there only the one you perceive so as to retreat in ignorance behind the shield that is you very anthropomorphized God.

Now that really is ironic.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

A good post, and it reminds me of MLK's observation that we live in a time of guided missiles and unguided men.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

One last post.

You just got completed by an individual that totally believes the twin towers were brought down my nuclear bombs. A belief totally based on faith, totally void of evidence or science.

Oh the irony.......

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

And your belief in anthropomorphized sky Gods with good intentions towards Man is anymore more credible?

I mean that concept is not exactly oozing evidence or scientific validation now is it?

Ile take the nuke guy any day of the week, and twice on Tuesday.

At least his conspiracy theory is steeped in things that actually exist, or did exist, as opposed to invisible dudes that are everywhere at once and know anything and everything, all at the same time.

Sounds quite boring really considering the lack of mystery.

I don't support nukes bringing down the twin towers myself but i will say the way they came down is highly darn suspect. Thermite demolition charges may have been at play, and then there is building 7 what happened there is rather mysterious.

Maybe God done it?

edit on 8-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I tried reading the Bible but I couldn't do it. There were a lot of references to very specific names, places, and events. Difficult to comprehend.

I read spark notes instead. I think I got the gist of it. Kinda.

I always wondered how God could have always existed, with pre-determined morality. It's like morality has always been.

On the other hand, some people consider Atlas Shrugged a bible as well. It sells pretty well too.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join