It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Censorship or Taboo thoughts on Subjects Intentional... aka a Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have often wondered if the reason people find such upset over the discussion of certain subjects like politics, sex, offensive language, and other such things is trained into us to further oppress humanity. Part of me sees this as a very viable form of mind control, yet part of me also finds this to feel almost to be too grand a conspiracy to actually be orchestrated intentionally.

The thought to inquire your thoughts about this came from watching this random video earlier today. I do find it interesting that such subjects are criticized with such disdain, when they are no different a conversation than any other.

What are you thoughts on censorship of odd topics to be an intentional conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

I have often wondered if the reason people find such upset over the discussion of certain subjects like politics, sex, offensive language, and other such things is trained into us to further oppress humanity

I think you nailed this one. Yes you are right. People have become trained monkeys and do what they're told. I am glad you addressed that, because, it's true. Oppression is the name and sufferage is their game.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The only heuristic controlling censorship in media is what will make the most ratings and therefore money. If it leads it bleeds. It's all about making money and nothing else. If showing stories with fake news, half-truths, innuendos gets ratings then run the story. Truth is irrelevant. Obligation to democracy and public discourse is irrelevant. It's all about making money and nothing else.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I do feel compelled to believe that peoples ability to discuss certain subjects is controlled and manipulated through social, family, and media outlets. However I honestly don't understand why even those that are around us, can't understand the construct of a discussion, and why the obsession with finding only a conclusion, when an conclusion is very often unattainable.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The matrix style box we live in includes censoring each other.

Screenshot from In Shadow video discussed previously...

YouTube.com

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BStoltman
I have often wondered if the reason people find such upset over the discussion of certain subjects like politics, sex, offensive language, and other such things is trained into us to further oppress humanity. Part of me sees this as a very viable form of mind control, yet part of me also finds this to feel almost to be too grand a conspiracy to actually be orchestrated intentionally.

The thought to inquire your thoughts about this came from watching this random video earlier today. I do find it interesting that such subjects are criticized with such disdain, when they are no different a conversation than any other.

What are you thoughts on censorship of odd topics to be an intentional conspiracy?

I don't think its a conspiracy. I think certain topics people are just passionate about -- politics, religion, and even sex. Some of them are sore subjects, some of them are sensitive subjects and ignite a heated debate. I can usually keep my cool while debating any topic, until i sense an unprecedented about of stupidity being interjected into the conversation, and it gets me a little riled up. When people start talking nonsense(blatant lies etc), or bringing religion into a debate that has nothing to do with religion (ie; Had a debate about legalizing marijuana once, and an acquaintance brought Jesus/bible into it), it irks me quite a bit.

Gun control is another one that gets people. No matter which side you're on there are half truths, but liberals are riddled with more falsities and lies than the other side. That i believe comes from clear mis/disinformation from the media. That certain topic might be more along the lines of what your OP is talking about than anything else.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i think people are sensitive about topics in direct proportion to how much they consider their thoughts on the issue to be a central part of their identity. it's hard to question your sense of self.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i think people are sensitive about topics in direct proportion to how much they consider their thoughts on the issue to be a central part of their identity. it's hard to question your sense of self.

Yes. I agree

new topics

top topics

join