It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jazz Funerals in New Orleans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow, I never knew about this. Please excuse my ignorance as I am from the UK, but this is STYLE!

How I wish I could live with people like that who are so musical. Music is everything. It is very beautiful to see it so huge a part of everyday living and dying.

Here in the UK our culture looks so dreary, grey and dead in comparison. Honestly, so cardboard stiff as the corpse they are burying. I can't live in this place. It is like living in a morgue. It is existing not living for me. It's not only me who has thought this. TS Eliot wrote "The Wasteland" did he not? Read "Heart of Darkness" if you wanna know what Joseph Conrad thought of it.

My name is Revolution9 and I live on "Rue Morgue Avenue", UK.

Some of the U.S is very exciting and wonderful. New Orleans is magical to somebody like me. I am so sorry they had all that devastation. So much history there. I am sure they are bouncing back.

Yeahhhh, when I die you better second line.

edit on 27-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My Uncle Pleasant Calhoun (real name) live almost his entire life in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I remember going to his funeral thinking (damn this is just one big party) and it was, because they do it right down there. We should weep when their born and rejoice when they die. My Uncle was larger than life persona to me when I was a kid, merchant marine, owned a liquor store, was robbed and stabbed, two years after that incident , he saw the perp who stabbed him standing at a bus stop, he stopped, took out his knife walked up behind the man and shanked him in the lower back, took him down and held him till the law arrived. As I said LARGER THAN LIFE.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
New Orleans is magical to somebody like me.

It's also right up there with New York as the best food city in the country.

Plenty of culture in various aspects to make anyone happy.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
My Uncle Pleasant Calhoun (real name) live almost his entire life in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I remember going to his funeral thinking (damn this is just one big party) and it was, because they do it right down there. We should weep when their born and rejoice when they die. My Uncle was larger than life persona to me when I was a kid, merchant marine, owned a liquor store, was robbed and stabbed, two years after that incident , he saw the perp who stabbed him standing at a bus stop, he stopped, took out his knife walked up behind the man and shanked him in the lower back, took him down and held him till the law arrived. As I said LARGER THAN LIFE.

Great name

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

An amazing celebration of the person....truly cool and inspirational.

And if you think that is amazing, you should check out Mardi Gras Indians.....even more talented and awesome.
thegrio.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread, the words and sentiment behind them, and of course the subject itself which was incredible.

Those videos were spectacular, moving, full of life and joy. The perfect way to send someone out in style.

New Orleans is one of my favorite US cities, at the very top of the list.

Here is one of the many treasures the city manifested:

Hope you're having a good one!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Just so you know, his nick name was Flop. He was my Uncle Flop.....man had the damn biggest ears I've ever seen on a human....My mom told us that was his nickname since he was a little boy....with big ears. He was my favorite Uncle on my moms side of the family. He as I said was larger than life persona. He came to visit when I was 17 years old.....I took them from our house to a motel (about 3 miles away) he gave me a $50 bill. I came back the next morning and he gave me another $50 for a ride back to our house......needless to say the man was my favorite Uncle. I had another Uncle with the name Ransom Calhoun.
edit on 28-11-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join