It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyson Shell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

However, a false alarm could be costly to the electric companies, so more real-life observations and partners among the power industry need to refine the processes, Pulkkinen said.

"We'd like more power companies to join our research effort," he added. "The more data we can collect from the field, the faster we can test and improve Solar Shield."

www.space.com...

Seriously, you guys are under the circumstances making really stupid arguments, against such an endeavor under, the circumstances.

Thoughts?

edit on 29-11-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

We should just Faraday cage the earth and live off the byproduct of our protection.

Do you think just turning off your energy production will keep whatever is in space safe? That system might work on Earth but not necessarily in space.

P.S.

I wouldn't call people thick or "stupid" for bringing up points you don't seem to understand yourself.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A point that seems apparent is that we are talking about building something that yes it large but besides that, it means creating a hospital environment for humans to live in.

A point would be that it is ignorant to think that we cannot do this. The fact that the object in question is large means that it will have gravity as compared to our current space station by virtue of its mass

This actually implies that what you are saying makes little sense.

It then means that what you are implying, makes little sense.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Literally actually constructing .00000000000001% of such a structure could on its own generate an Earth-like gravity.

It actually common sense to consider if you actually had investigated the situation, instead of posting information thar does not take that into consideration.

thoughts?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

We need a non-sterile place to live in, hospitals are not good places to live. It's a protected environment for human recovery. Not for living.

It's why we are having huge problems with bacteria.

I'm not saying we cannot do this.

Do we have land bridges connecting Europe to the America's?

No? Why not?

What you are implying makes little sense. Building structures with equal mass as earth, harvesting the sun's energy in space.

You've gotten to the point of defending a hypothetical installation in space and when people attempt to explain why this isn't feasible at any point in the near future you cal their reasoning stupid.

It's just theory and it isn't practical.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You're not considering that space is hostile.

You're not considering the detriment to Earth in launching so many vessels.

You're not considering how we get the energy back to Earth.

Your not considering the technology needed for even the more simple parts of this Sphere.

You're not considering the fact that billions are living in energy starvation already.

Human beings must do what's necessary, a bloody giant space platform, no matter how much I'd love that, is in essence highly unpractical for any amount of predictable future.

Since we're barely in space, we barely feed ourselves and barely power ourselves.

(post by Kashai removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A point is that given what we know today constructing a Dyson Shell is possible given we start working now on the project, over the next thousand years.

(post by RAY1990 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah?

Sounds like a wet dream to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Assumptions and theories.

This isn't the mud pit. BTW.

Also, have you ever built anything before? A big difference exists between theoretically building something and actually doing it.

You're talking about something that'll dwarf all past human construction, make everything we've done look like replacing a tile on a roof in comparison.
edit on 29-11-2017 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Believe what you want, nobody is building a Dyson Sphere anytime soon.

Especially around black holes.

Have fun.
edit on 29-11-2017 by RAY1990 because: Pointless.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Not only that but I learned to tie my shoe laces.

Unfortunately building Dyson Spheres wasn't part of the vocabulary.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

STOP with the insults.

If you can not post in a civilized manner with decorum and insist on insulting each other, post bans will be handed out.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

As I have made obvious building a Dyson sphere is actually simple.

I have posted several links to that effect.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Beyond of course your personal commentary can you8 provide any specific links as to why exactly I am wrong??

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It doesn't work like that.

You could've said that you can build with brick past 20 storeys in terms of a building 250 years ago and it would be equally preposterous.

Because with technology at hand and given the time, it wasn't possible.

Until someone came up with the idea of putting water in a container on top of the building. Thus making the building more stable.

We cannot build one yet.

We don't even have a space elevator.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join