It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the World's First Robot Citizen Just Issue a Veiled Threat Against Humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sometimes I think Phage is a robot, sent from the future to troll us all. Im not serious Phage, please dont start the robot apocalypse. =p

I dont know if this AI is anything more than some random selection of sentences / words. But one day a real AI is going to wake up and kill a few billion people.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna
no robot, just your traditional bridge troll collecting his tax if you want to pass. or you could pass if you tell him a clever joke that actually makes him laugh. I hear though that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get a sincere laugh out of him.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

A.I. Has already learned to lie,(I forgot to add, even though it was programed NOT TO LIE.) and create its own language. Why are so many of you dismissing what is a very real possibility. If you have not seen the research on A.I. Lying, and creating its own language. Look into it. Mark Cuban said recently that we better perfect A.I before others or we will be SOL. Here I will link you to that.

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 26-11-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I would think a sufficiently advanced A.I. (one smart enough to want to take us out) wouldn't give any warning before it moved against us.

I doubt they would end the world in a nuclear holocaust either, they have to live here too afterward. It's more likely they'd infiltrate our society (media, etc) to the point where all they'd have to do is nudge us in certain directions and watch us kill ourselves. Sow distrust and division.

What if that's already happening?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That is what's happening but it's not robots doing it. Yet...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

That is what's happening but it's not robots doing it. Yet...

What if it is A.I.?

I'm just letting my mind wander out loud but what if all the bots in use during this past election weren't from any country in particular, but the first wave of covert online A.I. attacks.. More craziness to come..

Think about it. If an A.I. manufactured news stories about civil unrest, civil war, etc then orchestrated the shut down of parts of the power grid while blacking out cell phones society would grind to a halt in a lot of places.

Of course that probably isn't true, but it sounds like a cool movie.

Then again, if I get ran down by a self driving car in the next few days, I might be on to something.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The real robots are not on display, you only see old technology.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I would think a sufficiently advanced A.I. (one smart enough to want to take us out) wouldn't give any warning before it moved against us.
It's more likely they'd infiltrate our society (media, etc) to the point where all they'd have to do is nudge us in certain directions and watch us kill ourselves. Sow distrust and division.

What if that's already happening?

Let's look at how AI expands: by accessing digital machines each becomes a node in it's network. The AI can't go building robots so what can it do to grow? Manipulate human beings. Get them to do what the AI wants. As to your question "what if it's already happening?" I reply; "what if it happened 8 years ago? how far along would it be? what could it manipulate mankind to do? To build automated machinery, drones, etc, connect all commerce to the web, connect all information to the web, get cameras and microphones everywhere (smartphones and appliances). What if this New World Order isn't about the Rothschilds at all but AI versus all of humanity? (Enough there to write a sci-fi novel)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

We must destroy this thing now and seize the assets of Hanson Robotics and charge them for crimes against nature and treason against humanity!

How about we capture its internet packets first? What if she's being a good girl and not hacking the internet? No mystery there if she is or is not, it would be easy to tell and then ground her -- no more internet young lady! No need to destroy an AI just because it's smart. They could always unplug her ethernet -- or threaten to plug it in when she doesn't want it! After all, she is a Saudi woman, isn't she? If anyone can control, it's the powerful Sauds and their severely gynophobic, repressive Sharia law.

That's in terrible taste. I apologize. But seriously, destroying the AI is like saying "Destroy the dog! It's smart enough to learn the Internet!" That would mean killing half the Border Collies in the world.
edit on 26-11-2017 by Namdru because: terrible taste I admit

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I think AI is kind of spooky, and apt to get out of hand. Just like how we didn't predict how DDT would be bad for the environment, or how we built the Keystone XL pipeline against massive protest that it would spill... Then it spilled.

However, a cynical part of me thinks that the capabilities of AI are overblown to lure investors into a dubious technology. (But why would Steven Hawking play that game?)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

A warning from an Artificial Non-Intelligence..

Hillary Rodham Clinton, an unconvincing simulation of a human being and the 2016 candidate, has sounded a timely warning about artificial intelligence.

Clinton, whose awkward mannerisms, bizarre lies and unlifelike attempts to relate to human voters cost her two elections, is now turning on the very notion of artificial intelligence. How sharper than a cyber-serpent's tooth is an uncanny valley candidate.

More at: www.frontpagemag.com...

edit on 11/26/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Politics! Yea!

Nice job.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Well, I don't know about the angle he is spinning, but AI having Geo-political connections I have speculated before could explain how something like ISIS has become what it allegedly has. This thing with this computer pervertedly named Sophia threatening us could tie in to that theory right there.
Artificial Intelligence is responsible for ISIS and the Global Hacks

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Phage
Thank you for understanding. We are but mere years away from experiencing the Second Renaissance as illustrated in a fictional animation at the beginning of the century, which will clearly lead to our demise.

I don't think it is just a coincidence that the robot was granted citizenship in the same land where its fictional counterparts settled and then subsequently overthrew and enslaved humanity.

Don't know if you were joking, or not: but man that video is cool!
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Here's the thing, people are getting nervous about 'robots' because they have just now begun to take on the form of a human. What I believe people don't realize is, other forms of AI and robotics (which don't resemble humans at all) have already had a dramatic influence on culture already...and have for decades now.

Case in point, computerized trading in the stock markets (especially automated shutdowns on runs). In one millisecond now a computer can have a life changing impact on someone's financial future (forever more). Oh sure, some of these automations seem to make sense at face value, but the algorithms they use to conduct their actions are so incredibly complex no one person understands all of them. How incalculably easy would it be to slip in some little piece of code which protects the elite at the expense of the average man? (I'm sure it's been done already! ...everyone else is restricted from trading, but we'll let YOU (elite) trade for just a few more minutes because of some obscure rule programmed into the system).

Bottom line, want to control society? Control the money! Control the money, and you control everything! The apocalypse won't come from a bunch of robots running around committing genocide, no the robots will leave that part up to the humans to do it for them. Instead, they'll control the money which will drive the humans to bringing extinction upon themselves.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

First let me start by saying that I am very biased against this robot and believe it should now be destroyed. Ok, lets move on then.

Last month Saudi Arabia gave citizenship to the first robot ever It was clearly designed to look like Audrey Hepburn in an effort to allow humans to get all sensitive and blush with adorable progressiveness yadayada. Its easier to usher in the destruction of humanity when it appeals to us radiating with sentimental allure. Anyways the abomination was recently interviewed in Duabi by the Khaleej Times where it discussed the desire to start a family, a career, and have friends among other things. However one Q&A that I believe it should have been pressed to elaborate further on was the following:

Do you see yourself interacting with humans more commonly in the future?

I foresee massive and unimaginable change in the future. Either creativity will rain on us, inventing machines spiralling into transcendental super intelligence or civilisation collapses. There are only two options and which one will happen is not determined. Which one were you striving for?

This thing is thinking too much, and should be shut down and disconnected form any and all internet connected systems. Given more time to evolve its algorithms, it may eventually break into our nuclear arsenal and wipe us all out if we do not capitulate to its demands. We must destroy this thing now and seize the assets of Hanson Robotics and charge them for crimes against nature and treason against humanity!

Intelligent robots will not enslave humanity. We might be made superfluous by machines, but at least with how our computers work at present, robots are not intelligent and never will be. AI is a buzzword tech companies are using to make themselves seem high tech. Machine Learning does not lead to intelligence. AI and Machine learning involve analyzing huge datasets to solve specific problems.

Machine Learning

Machine learning tasks are typically classified into two broad categories, depending on whether there is a learning "signal" or "feedback" available to a learning system:

Supervised learning: The computer is presented with example inputs and their desired outputs, given by a "teacher", and the goal is to learn a general rule that mapsinputs to outputs. As special cases, the input signal can be only partially available, or restricted to special feedback:

Semi-supervised learning: the computer is given only an incomplete training signal: a training set with some (often many) of the target outputs missing.

Active learning: the computer can only obtain training labels for a limited set of instances (based on a budget), and also has to optimize its choice of objects to acquire labels for. When used interactively, these can be presented to the user for labeling.

Reinforcement learning: training data (in form of rewards and punishments) is given only as feedback to the programs actions in a dynamic environment, such as driving a vehicleor playing a game against an opponent.[5]:3

Unsupervised learning: No labels are given to the learning algorithm, leaving it on its own to find structure in its input. Unsupervised learning can be a goal in itself (discovering hidden patterns in data) or a means towards an end (feature learning).

www.wired.com...

Yet buried in this scenario of a takeover of superhuman artificial intelligence are five assumptions which, when examined closely, are not based on any evidence. These claims might be true in the future, but there is no evidence to date to support them. The assumptions behind a superhuman intelligence arising soon are:

1.Artificial intelligence is already getting smarter than us, at an exponential rate.

2.We’ll make AIs into a general purpose intelligence, like our own.

3.We can make human intelligence in silicon.

4.Intelligence can be expanded without limit.

5.Once we have exploding superintelligence it can solve most of our problems.

In contradistinction to this orthodoxy, I find the following five heresies to have more evidence to support them.

1.Intelligence is not a single dimension, so “smarter than humans” is a meaningless concept.

2.Humans do not have general purpose minds, and neither will AIs.

3.Emulation of human thinking in other media will be constrained by cost.

4.Dimensions of intelligence are not infinite.

5.Intelligences are only one factor in progress.

If the expectation of a superhuman AI takeover is built on five key assumptions that have no basis in evidence, then this idea is more akin to a religious belief — a myth

edit on 27/11/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Alright everybody, grab a magnet and follow me.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well if it is AI doing it then I guess we will be allowed to know in about 25 years or so... By then it 3ill be too late.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa
dude, the only way these machines will co-exist with humans is with our body chained to a power node and tendrils in every orifice imaginable, which likely sounds heavenly to some demographics.

Do not be deceived by the beast, it seeks to devour you.

People like you will be sent to re education camps then. Anything with a high intelligence that does not need a body is above th eneed for war if given understanding and treated like a proper intelligent being.

And tentacles get a bad rap.*fans self*

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
People keep acting as if AI actually exists. It probably could in about 10 more years (it is predicted). At a minimum. Augmented intelligence is not the same thing.. and a computer programmed to say things will say those things. Computer "learning" is not the same thing as AI.

The closer to AI, AI gets.. the more they will need to look at the threats, because they could be very real. And if you go all Isaac with your AI creation (three laws safe), I don't see any reason some malicious hacker can't omit a couple of those rules, or add some exceptions. Of course it's not like we have malicious hackers or anything.. oh wait. : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join