It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is apple cider vinegar really a wonder food? Surprising results!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is apple cider vinegar really a wonder food?
cosmosmagazine.com...

Well, the answer make actually shock you. According to this study [in Japan]where they tested the factors of weight loss, fighting heart disease, controlling blood sugar levels and perhaps even preventing cancer: the conclusion? Nope!

Weight loss
The evidence that apple cider vinegar helps fight fat is weak.

A short-term study in Japan added two daily drinks of 15 millilitres of apple cider vinegar mixed with 250 ml of water to the usual diet of overweight men and women. Their weight fell by about one kilogram over 12 weeks, but returned to usual levels within four weeks.

Heart disease
Pectin is again credited for cider vinegar’s supposed benefits for heart disease, with claims it “attracts bad LDL cholesterol”.

However, the Japanese study referred to for weight loss found no difference in LDL cholesterol with either a low or higher amount of cider vinegar over a 12-week period.

Blood sugar and diabetes
Several studies have reported on the effects cider vinegar can have on blood glucose levels. One small study of healthy volunteers found that adding vinegar to a meal reduced glucose and insulin levels – at least for 45 minutes – and increased satiety for up to two hours.

Another small study of people with type 2 diabetes reported adding vinegar to a high carbohydrate meal reduced the subsequent rise in the blood glucose level.

However, this effect was only apparent for a high glycaemic index carbohydrate, such as mashed potatoes. When the carbs came from a lower GI food such as wholegrain bread, the vinegar had no effect.

Other diseases
As for allergies, acne, arthritis, hiccups and leg cramps, there is no evidence that apple cider vinegar prevents or cures any of these conditions.

Nor is there evidence from any studies that cider vinegar has benefits for preventing or curing cancer. Unproven cancer cures can waste valuable time in seeking reliable treatments.

Well, I don't know about you guys but the best thing I know about ACV is that is goes from acidic to alkaline form after consumption. Other than that it makes you smell much sweeter if you sweat the stuff out.

I guess if you tell a lie long enough over and over again it may eventually become truth to many others who are not enlightened.

Thoughts???
edit on 26-11-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now repeat the test using raw unfiltered organic ACV with "The Mother" left intact.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I personally don't think you can just rely on consuming the ACV (organic or not) and hope that the miracle of weight loss, diabetes control, etc...happens without a proper diet and regular exercise. Sedentary lifestyles will not help you become healthier. I think ACV is a supplement with healthy and active lifestyles to give you aided benefits.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

you forgot gluten free and GMO free

but otherwise - you gave the perfect " woo woo " anser

PS - just for hilarity what is the " mother " of ACV ??????????

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Apple cider vinegar with the mother is simply unrefined, unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV. The “mother” is a colony of beneficial bacteria, similar to a Kombucha SCOBY, that helps create vinegar through a secondary fermentation process. Vinegar is high in acetic acid and other beneficial compounds.

And yes as Skywatcher stated, there is no replacement for proper diet and lifestyle.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I put about a shot of applecider vinegar into a glass with a little sugar and some water. I use that to get rid of the headache I always get from popcorn. I can drink a little pickle juice too, but regular vinegar does not work unless it is in pickles. For me, the success rate is about a hundred percent, it has never not worked. It works occasionally on some headachy feelings I get, but I haven't identified what those other things are yet, it is not so simple when you eat a lot of mixed foods in a meal. Taking the vinegar when needed is the best way to treat it. Do I know why this works? No, I tried researching it and can't find what causes the popcorn headache in the first place. People note they get this, doctors try to explain it with the wrong metabolic problem all the time, they have never probably gotten one of these headaches.

I also take it occasionally if I feel a certain way, it is hard to explain the certain way though, I sort of get a craving for it once in a while, no Rhyme, no reason. I do feel much better after taking it when I get that craving most times though.

It is no miracle cure, and taking it regularly can lead to some complications from what I read. Just like taking too much of any medicine can. It is an excellent medicine when you need it for some things though.

I only use the organic vinegar with mother, the other stuff isn't that great to drink.
edit on 26-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Depending on your personal chemistry I can see how some fad type things could work for you better than others. Trying ACV seems fairly harmless as long as you aren't overdoing it or expecting miracles.

I start adding it to my daily routine in about late Feb/March just because I heard an old story about doing so keeps mosquito's another bugs from biting. YES!!! It works for me, but I could see how it wouldn't work for everyone.

Personally if I do it before I eat dinner I find I don't want as much or what I thought I did, but I attribute this to Ewwwww!
the aftertaste of the vinegar that's lingering. Either way probably good for me cause I would be slamming all kinds of junk otherwise.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm a fan of ACVH. I seldom get sick, and my arthritic hip is pain free if I use ACVH daily.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Cures me every time I have a sore throat. Gargle a little and swallow a bit of it. No more sore throat.

Thay and pineapple juice. Better than cough medicine.

But yeah, always the stuff with the mother in it.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Well, I don't know about you guys but the best thing I know about ACV is that is goes from acidic to alkaline form after consumption.
Thoughts???

The body functions best at slightly alkaline - disease does not like alkaline - it loves an acidic environment - so yes ACV is good for this.
Check out how sodium bicarbonate benefits the body, to get high acid levels neutralised, as well.

Arm and Hammer boxes have instructions on how to take orally.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Colloidal Silver is also great for a prime ph level, among the other many benefits.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I never saw the study that showed that it did any of these miracle things in the first place. I really don't know where these claims come from, except a strong suspiscion that it originated in some marketing middleman's mind.

Bad information has plagued the human mind forever i guess.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Colloidal Silver is also great for a prime ph level, among the other many benefits.
And if you stab a werewolf with a knife dipped in it, you take his powers. Only on full moons that land on february 31 though.
edit on 26-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It cleans wood floors pretty well.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I like to mix apple cider vinegar, molasses, baking soda, colloidal silver, tumeric and Old Forester 115 proof Bourbon.

I never get sick and will most likely live forever.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Very similar to what my little kiddies get in their sippy bottles. Minus the sugar and silver. And bourbon of course but I may try this! Cider vinegar and baking soda for my wee doggie too sometimes. Must have the "Mother". Have you tried any of Wim Hof's breathing techniques?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielpoison
Must have the "Mother".

Damn skippy.

I ground a few of those up for my secret elixir.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No idea either way but a 12 week study doesn't seem very long to see any long lasting effects.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
lots of people say they have it twice a day and stopped getting sick. the brags brand with the mother that is.. it may help you burn a few extra calories but its not going to make you loose weight or be healthier in general..

now if you eat a great diet and use this stuff than you may benefit from it. keep stuffing your face with crap and nope its not going to help you at all.

i have some, i dont remember to drink it daily tho. a t spoon of that in a small glass of water sure will give you a energy boost in the morning

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like to mix apple cider vinegar, molasses, baking soda, colloidal silver, tumeric and Old Forester 115 proof Bourbon.

I never get sick and will most likely live forever.
Add in a few packets of pop rocks candy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join