It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS App??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey all,

Long time member, havnt posted in a while so hope this is in the right forum.

Anyway... I always enjoy checking out recent topics, lurking, you know trying to decipher truth from fact on these forums. I must say there’s definitely some great threads and collaboration throughout ATS. Nonetheless, most of the time I do my browsing on my phone, as I am currently. I’ve always wondered why there isn’t an ATS app. I certainly know little about creating apps, but perhaps the owners have already thought of this and are working on it? I think it would be a great idea and I for one would love to see it.

- thoughts?
edit on 25-11-2017 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: Fixed

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Honestly? I think we already are kinda an app! Got everything...easy to use (use DESKTOP VERSION) on mobile (its easier)...sign in/log on once, bookmark page and remain on indefinitely...at any page of your choosing.

The rest is simple as to how-to's in BOARD, FRESHMAN and other forums. With all we got already? I dont know that we need an app? Why would it be any different IMO?

Best, Mysterioustranger
edit on 25-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
Hey all,

Long time member, havnt posted in a while so hope this is in the right forum.

Anyway... I always enjoy checking out recent topics, lurking, you know trying to decipher truth from fact on these forums. I must say there’s definitely some great threads and collaboration throughout ATS. Nonetheless, most of the time I do my browsing on my phone, as I am currently. I’ve always wondered why there isn’t an ATS app. I certainly know little about creating apps, but perhaps the owners have already thought of this and are working on it? I think it would be a great idea and I for one would love to see it.

- thoughts?

PS Once Logged into phone, tab, pc or laptop or notebook? We're good to go always with a click with everything an app has!

Peace
edit on 25-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

ATS should have made an app five years ago..

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Progs, progs, progs, progs, progs, progs, progs, progs, progs...

Just because i hate the term app for a prog.

When they switched from using the term program to the term app, i really thought this had something to do with Apple.
And because a gift and the troubles it caused, from the "glorious" company Apple, i hate Apple since before spyPhones and all that stuff. I guess i mentally unite the term apps and the company Apple, subconsciously.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I completely agree! After years of ATS in desktop mode I got stuck on my phone. I hate it! Mobile losses tons of features and desktop mode is NOT mobile friendly. Surely it wouldn't be that hard....or upgrade the mobile version.
edit on 11/26/2017 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check... Hmpft

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So long as the site is mobile responsive (which it is) - what more is there to do? What specific advantages does an "app" provide over accessing the website via any browser?

Considering it's a forum - in either case you'd need an internet connection and would be limited to accessing the same content, just in slightly different graphical interface & programming language framework.

And then all the sudden management have a massive headache of having to constantly keep the "app" updated/maintained to run smoothly on all devices/operating systems, etc, and for what advantage? This would be a big expenditure on their part, so how do they monetize this app?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Then just give mobile more options. They obviously maintain it. They can't give me a little?
Subscribe button

These are my biggest pet peeves on mobile

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Well.....you are right. Code done in Apple Script, back in the days of System 7.x, OS 8, OS 9, were called applets or apps for short especially if the had some functionality to them rather than just automating tasks to a simple click or double click. For example, I had one that would take highlighted files, move them to the trash and empty the trash. One disaster changed that to all files within a to be trashed folder. Another one was the shut down command. In both of these I didn’t write a single line, just set up the recorder to watch what I did. Big deal today, but back then both of those tasks required using the mouse to select them from the Apple menu. By making these AppleScript Applets, it sped things up especially when I combined the two steps to a single click app.

JavaScript also called their end results applets. Again, because they were more like automated tasks than actual programs. And Apple and Java had this insidious love affair with each other that lasted way, way too long.

Modern day apps are short for applications. Which are supplements to the original program. Makes sense because a factory reboot means your apps are gone but you still have your calculator, calender and other basics. That goes back to the Apple Newton, Palm Pilot and HP Jornado/Pocket PC. Of the three PDAs I liked the Palm Pilot the least

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ATS had an app. I paid $6.99 for it IIRC on the google play store. It was wonky with the phone I had at the time so I just got a refund and deleted it. Mobile version is ok.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Not only is it responsive, but everything functions correctly. It's rare to come across a mobile site that functions so well across a variety of devices. Which I'm sure was a huge pain in the balls to pull off given how old the forum software is that ATS runs on. Well, used to run on. It's pretty much completely custom at this point. XMB was kinda bare bones anyway.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I disagree with the DESKTOP VERSION on mobile being inefficient... I'm on it now as always.. AND... no ads or other nonsense.

I have all functions with it and am responding now on phone/my tablet on it as well/wifi.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It would have died quickly because we would have conspired it to death..

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
what would an " app " do - that the website does not ???

1 .............

" app advocates " , feel free to start a list

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Why don't you consider outsourcing? I guess it's better to outsource than to learn how to code or teach your team to do so. App development is easy to outsource, the key is to find a reliable offshore team. This article may be useful for you - diceus.com... .

Keep us posted and good luck!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ATS should make a go fund me for 5000.
then, have competition.. im sure there's some app designers on here
whoever makes the best app get the 5k, ats adopts it and they get to put their name on it for the infinite life of the ATS APP

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Love the app competition idea. I've been using desktop version on my phone 🤤 I guess my eyesight is worse than others or my fingers fatter because it's awful! Better than being locked in mobile but tired or stretching/ shrinking screens and trying to hit the right link. 😫

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
again - what is " the app " going to do that the website does not

and FFS - dont list any faults [ real or imagined ] with the website - thats an imperative to fix the fooking website - NOT attempt to start a entire " new " solution using a different platform

questions stands - what will an app do - that the website does not ?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

a reply to: Martin75

if ATS is going to beg , borrow or steal capital for IT services - it should be used to fix the known flaws in the website - not attempt to create an entire new platform

hint - this theoretical app will be 100% reliant on the website anyawy - so the chances that it will " eliminate flaws " = negilgable - its more likley to create more

fix the dammed website first - then think about creating new fluff

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I agree glitches should be fixed but they already have a mobile....won't fixing the website fix the mobile? Or give same features to mobile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join