It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Booms are Back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Something very strange is going on, and it seems to be happening all around our planet. Reports continue to emerge of booming sounds of mysterious origin echoing from the sky, from Colorado and Alabama to the Middle East, United Kingdom and Australia, according to News Corp Australia. The sounds, understandably startling for those who hear them, are certainly not the voices of gods, although their source has thus far defied scientific explanation as well.

I seem to recall this happening a few times in the past several years, and it was usually traced back to (or at least strongly suggested to be related to) small seismic events not far below the surface. This time, however, scientists have remained puzzled. My first thoughts centered on supersonic jets--these folks are insisting they're hearing these noises from the sky. Some people are suggesting meteors as another possible cause, but astronomers have their doubts:

Another possibility is that the booms are caused by meteors exploding in the sky. The Leonid meteor shower has coincided with the hysteria. This theory would certainly explain why the phenomenon is global, though astronomers have insisted that meteors produced by the Leonids are way too small for this to happen.

Regarding the ground-based theory:

Ground explosions also make for a prime suspect, but it's unclear how a ground disruption could explain the worldwide distribution of the sounds.

What do you think, fellow ATSers?

Source: Mother Nature Network www.mnn.com...

At least one NASA scientist, Bill Cooke, has chimed in, telling ABC 3340 that NASA’s meteor scientists are still in the process of analyzing the data and are looking for possible patterns between each of the reports. So far, though, there have been no consistent leads.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They're back? Awesome! I never thought the band would reunite.

But I've never seen them live so don't think I can offer an opinion.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"I Heard They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!"

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

If you look at the map of where they're happening in the US, just about every one of them coincides with a flight training area, MOA, testing area, etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you look at the map of where they're happening in the US, just about every one of them coincides with a flight training area, MOA, testing area, etc.

Great observation. In fact, here's another article on places where booms have been heard in 2017: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Must be getting ready for something...
edit on 11/25/17 by servovenford because: link fail

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No, just increased ops due to the new fiscal year. If you were able to go back to previous years, there's always increased activity around this time, dropping off closer to summer. The new fiscal year starts in October, so all the units have their full budget, so they have a lot of flying hours.

Starting in January or so you'll start seeing reports about increased aircraft going west, with a few reports going east. That's when they start to swap out aircraft that are forward deployed, and aircraft start coming to the mainland US for exercises.
edit on 11/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

'Wonder if it is our space force taking on scout ships from that needle interstellar space ship that is now in our vicinity?

You know, once you grant life "out there," as is becoming the accepted norm in science these days and filtering down into the public discourse, the wildest probabilities must be added to the list of theories. Or not.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How much trouble do they actually get in?

Boys will be boys? (Or women, as the case may be.)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That makes sense also in the fact that right now, the services are doing a lot of air training. Those 2 weeks every reserve has to give up every year, it's now a lot of friggin work!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Depending on where it is, none. The more remote MOAs, like over Montana, are supersonic corridors. From Marietta to Huntsville to Knoxville is a supersonic corridor, and if they're offshore they allowed to be supersonic.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No, just increased ops due to the new fiscal year. If you were able to go back to previous years, there's always increased activity around this time, dropping off closer to summer. The new fiscal year starts in October, so all the units have their full budget, so they have a lot of flying hours.

Starting in January or so you'll start seeing reports about increased aircraft going west, with s few reports going east. That's when they start to swap out aircraft that are forward deployed, and aircraft start coming to the mainland US for exercises.

Interesting. Was thinking something to do about N.Ko but that sounds about right.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There is a bigly battle taking place in a dimension close to the one we inhabit. The booms are bleed over sounds.

Part of Biblical prophesy.....even trumpet sounds as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah. I guess that would be pretty necessary.

I heard a sonic boom on one occasion. Pretty sure that's what it was and it seemed to come from the ocean. It was very mild so the plane could have been a long way out.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah. That whole trumpet thing is so 2012. Also probably fake.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Way back in the days of the F-4s in HANG, they kept getting reports of earthquakes in Kaneohe. Just really minor ones, cups and plates shaking in cabinets, windows vibrating, that kind of thing. They eventually traced them to the F-4s going supersonic 200 miles off the North Shore, so they pushed them out to 250.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. I guess that would be pretty necessary.

I heard a sonic boom on one occasion. Pretty sure that's what it was and it seemed to come from the ocean. It was very mild so the plane could have been a long way out.

I heard the space shuttle re enter twice. First time I knew it was coming. Second time was at 2 A.M. and it scared the bejeebus out of me. It sounded like, well, an explosion.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I was around when the Phantoms were flying. Don't recall sonic booms but the afterburners would rattle every window near the bay.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. That whole trumpet thing is so 2012. Also probably fake.

Recent one's...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yeah.
The end is nigh and stuff. Got it.
But those are trumpets. Sort of.

This discussion is about booms.

edit on 11/25/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
MY guess something breaking the sound barrier. Thou the bits and pieces of data I have studied show seismic activity associated with some of the instances. Also these booms and the also trumpet sounding crap has been happening for years. Seems to be normal stuff we just have not figured out. No differant than the universe. I am sure hearing this stuff in the middle of the night is scary thou.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join