It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

humanoid encounters: the case of the flying "martian" 1906 creuse france

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
INTRODUCTION
this case is an very old one however it only surfaced circa 1973
CASE
source: ufologie.patrickgross.org...

In a 1973 article, ufologist Jean Giraud reported that he and another ufologist met in 1972 by chance Jules Bouvier, a friendly 85-year-old man, a connoisseur of nature, while they were investigating the observations of "flying saucers" in the Creuse, in France. They asked him if he did would know someone in the area who might have observed "flying saucers" or strange light phenomena, and Bouvier replied that he saw some, and that he even saw "Martians, yes, like I see you... but long ago, wait, I'll tell you." "It was at the end of the season," apparently in 1906, "I was 18 at the time and I was an apprentice carpenter in Gouzon, I had just set a window on a domain of La Celle and I was coming home. I was hurrying because I had a good time talking to the farm girl... You know what it is, it was dark but the weather was clear, I was not thinking of the 'Martians', no, I was thinking more about the girl... Of course!" About ten o'clock he hurried with light heart, when suddenly, as he reached the branch of the road leading to Manaly's estate, he was astounded at seeing a curious assembly of characters. They were ten or twelve, sitting in a circle on the ground of the road. Bouvier passed 10 meters from them, and they all watched him pass in silence, those who turned his back at him turning their heads as he passed. They sat without saying a word, without speaking among themselves, or else the witness would have heard them in the silence of the night. It was this silence that most frightened Bouvier, who hastened to pursue his travek without looking back. He explained, "Understand me, if they were normal people, they would have said good night to me, nodded or waved... But they did nothing, I can assure you that I did not feel reassured." The observation lasted about ten seconds. Bouvier could not detail the "individuals" but he was certain of the following: They were all men, no women, of men sizes, neither too young nor too old. They all looked dressed in the same way, in a kind of gray uniform, neither too bright nor too dark. Near them, there was no light source, no fire, no object such as bag or packet and no vehicle. However, he had the impression that the figures were sitting in a circle on or around a kind of large canvas or tablecloth laid on the ground. Apart from the curious "impression" felt by the witness before these odd figures, nothing seemed to prove to the two investigators their "extraterrestrial" origin. They then remarked this to him, and interrupted them, he said: "Yes, but afterwards, I saw the OTHER WHO WAS FLYING!" Not at all reassured, Bouvier had moved away from the scene at a pace close to running. After having traveled a hundred meters, he suddenly saw a "flying Martian" appear at the edge of the trees, at the height of a 15-meter belltower. The being was going fast and passed virtually right above Bouvier's head. It had the body lying horizontally and its head straightened forward "right in front of him, as if to see where he was going". The legs were elongated and joined. The arms were not visible but the being had in the back like two immobile wings similar to arms spread apart regarding their size. The being passed at high speed and in silence, Bouvier only perceived a slight whistling of crumpled air. Bouvier concluded: "And the funniest thing is that this 'flying Martian', I say 'Martian' but I do not know if he came from planet Mars, so this 'flying Martian', well, he dove straight on the spot where I had seen the others, which is what made me say that they all had to have some sort of appointment, but I did not try to find out more. I fled." A few days later he had returned to the spot in broad daylight, and had not noticed anything abnormal, no suspicious traces such as those of a fire or a forgotten object. He often took the same route afterwards but he never saw anything there. He said, "I never saw them again ... I would like to see them now, so I would come to them, I would talk to them, they would not hurt me, anyway, at my age, I do not risk much... But they could certainly tell me about interesting things, where they come from, how they fly?... But I never saw then again, THE OTHER, HE WAS NOT THE SAME." The investigators indicated that at that time (1973), this testimony was about the earliest appearance of "Martians" on French soil, that it is a direct testimony and that the witness is still alive. They even visited him regularly, and he had the opportunity to tell them his story many times. All versions were absolutely identical. The witness did not "add" anything to make them happy, each time he presented the facts simply, not hesitating to confess that he had not paid attention to this or that detail or that simply, he could not remember. The investigators insisted that it was not possible to doubt the testimony of Mr. Bouvier, an old man still fit and perfectly balanced.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
COMMENTS BY HUMANOIDLORD
why doubt the story of this poor old citizen, who litteraly died a few years later?
the man calling the humanoids "martians" implies that he had no or very small knowledge of ufology, at the time it already was pretty common knowledge that mars is an cold barren wasteland
the history has some pretty obvious connections with fairie lore, the humanoids themselves are in a group around an canvas, almost if they were doing some type of ritual !
also reports of strange misterious flying people continue to this day, most famously there were an bunch of footage of them from mexico from the early to middle 2000's

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That wouldn't sound too much different from a hang-glider or a glide suit.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
That wouldn't sound too much different from a hang-glider or a glide suit.

Possibly even some type of craft, when aircraft is not known to a person they may have not understood what they were seeing.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Makes me think of a story I read this year but can't find again.
Basic from what I can remember.
A group of church campers several couples and their kids camped in the mountains. They saw in a valley below them while hiking a circle of people they seem to be chanting which was odd because it was an isolated place. They see an very tall reptilian creature in the center of the circle and it sees them watching from the cliff.
Suddenly as they are trying to retreat it appears like it flew to their location instantly. It is very tall and glares at them looks them over as though thinking and then disappears. They skip their camping and pack up and go home.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

the way the witness describes it, the humanoid was going very slow and low to the ground

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

yeah but look at the year 1906

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

wow that sounds like right up into my alley
what do you remnber more or less of the site?
edit on 25-11-2017 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

yeah but look at the year 1906

Yes that's what I am saying. 1906 he likely would not have seen nor considered an aircraft of any kind. Clearly it would not have been a normal one because they are very loud. So some odd flying craft.

Powered aircraft were first used in war in 1911, by the Italians against the Turks near Tripoli, but it was not until the Great War of 1914–18 that their use became widespread.

air warfare | Britannica.com

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

the description looks like something more like an glider

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

wow that sounds like right up into my alley
what do you remnber more or less of the site?

Wish I knew, they were a Christian church group and they all saw the creature. I would have saved it and yet it seems to be gone from my files.

Some here but this one was different, abou 20 people I think it was, involved including kids. They sounded very believable.

listverse.com...
edit on 25-11-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

the description looks like something more like an glider

True but a glider has to glide from somewhere and is useless after landing. Seems odd the added person would glide to what seems to be a group waiting for their arrival.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

no i am asking, what the website looked like?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

yep, also it seemed to slow for an glider
sounds like an unexplained to me

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

no i am asking, what the website looked like?

LOL
I am saying I don't remember. It could have been a you tube video because I feel like I remember them being interviewed.
I am old..

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Interesting story, as are many from that time of the mysterious flying craft seen around the world from the time of the late 1880 until after 1910. Most are fake stories put out on the telegraph lines of those days to newspapers. Except here, this is supposedly a personal story sans a ship of any kind.

Reportedly, the time of night was about 10pm. It would be unlikely that he had torch or lantern being later on his trip than planned and being a common workman. So it must have been a bright, full Moon. I would have expected some mention of that but none was made.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Wow, this is interesting! Thanks for posting this.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

So a single source witness testimony with no way to verify it?

Who is to say that Bouvier or even Giraud did not just make it up?

The investigators insisted that it was not possible to doubt the testimony of Mr. Bouvier, an old man still fit and perfectly balanced.

That is also a rather cute claim, that means absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

well that explains why you dint find it again
there are thousands of youtube videos

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

well it was an old man, recalling an decades old experience
missing details are to be expected

new topics

top topics