It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Is Being Blackmailed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Urban Dictionary is your fun, fact-filled friend.

You could spend hours learning things which will expand your vocabulary of filth.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Corporate campaign money is the deciding factor in winning congressional elections. The slimey side of capitalism.

Influence pedaling is big business....

and until there is legislation on campaign financing....we're SOL. and there will never be limits put on campaigning...free speech issues.

I do not want to take this thread off topic but it really irritates me when people claim, out of ignorance (no offense), that we live in a capitalist country. We do not live in a capitalist country. Period. For more information on the TRUE definition of capitalism, see capitalism.org...
edit on 25/11/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

It is blatantly obvious that his is precisely what has been happening.

George Webb has been putting Imran and CO on notice for at least 6 months.

The settlements are barely the tip of the iceberg and is helping the masses wake up to exactly who their "elected" officials are.

S&F

Do you think that all of the sexual harrassment acusations in the news are a slow drip of what's to come? I do. For the first time in a long time, I honestly think there may be some good people at work trying to bring some of this out into the light.

Should go check Q on 4Chan

All of Q question on 4Chan in one location

List of all Q possible Question & answer google drive exl file

The slow dripping is coming do not want to overload the poor sheep LOL

edit on 25-11-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

So the people who do not believe an anonymous member of the World’s biggest Troll website (4chan) must be “poor sheep“?

What does that say about the people who believe every unverifiable word Q posts?
I bet you think they’re “woke”... lol.

People who lead you down an endless rabbit hole do not have your best interests at heart...
Anyone with critical thinking skills should know this.

On topic;
Congresspeople being blackmailed?
This is not a new theory at all.
In fact it’s pretty well known to most conspiracy theorists.

They’re not alone either, movie stars, singers, rappers, sports stars and journalists are also blackmailed.
Scum rises to the top.

The most interesting aspect of all of this is that some of these people are blackmailed into blackmailing or exposing others.
They’re all sordid.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You should ask yourself logistically , what would be required to blackmail hundreds of congressmen and senators????

Is that even believable??

Because Your missing the far more likely and obvious conclusion..

The gop has just been making up fake conspiracies to energize their base, but since they are fake to begin with , obviously they go no where...

Imho, After obama won his first election by a mile the gop went crazy..not because he was black , but because he won like a rock star...

The gop thought they might never be relevant again if they don’t take action..

So they started demogoging even more than usual..

The started creating these logistically ridiculous conspiracy theories that they know are laughable, but the conspiracy theiry crowd just eats up..

The thing is it is unsustainable long term...

How many times will your gop base believe you when you say treasonous felonies have been committed, but then a gop led congressional committee finds no wrong doing.. so obviously no charges are pressed..

How long before they elect a Molotov cocktail like trump and thow it at Washington??

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The sobs should not have filed falsely, in order to have 75% of their health premiums paid. Law breakers!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

A) I have only seen one crazy left wing conspiracy theory.. at least only one that anyone mainstream put stock into.. and most of the mainstream did t buy in anyway, and that is “that the bush administration perpetrated 911”..

And bush and Cheney did give the rebuild contract For iraq to their own personal company, Halliburton.. which was in my opinion the most corrupt act in modern political history...

Undeniably, they lied to get us to invade iraq and then gave their own company the multi billion dollar contract..

Every left wing conspiracy theory I can think of is believable because it is hypothetically perpetrated by a single small group , that personally profits the people who had the ability to orcastrate the conspiracy..

There is a clear benefit/profit trail to follow..

B) There almost never is with the right wing ones and they are almost always just logisticall laughable...

What would be logistically required to buy off even a majority of the congress and the senate??

Why would it take to buy off all the celebrities, Hollywood, unions, scientists , college professors, teachers, media, exc???

Conclusion)

What is more likely??

Either the left is paying off literally everyone, and a big chunk of those would have to intentionally know they were lying..

Or a hand full of GOP commentators and politicians are making it all up, so when push comes to shove they are never able to provide any evidence to warrant an investigation and/or charges?????

Don’t forget who is president and owns all 3 branches of government..and that it is the same people who popularized the conspiracy theory , who are taking no legal action in the end..

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I honestly don’t care about the left-right bullsh*t...

Suffice to say the biggest proponent of 9/11 conspiracy is Alex Jones...
Left wing?
Hahaha.

Furthermore, I never once said that “the left” are blackmailing these celebrities, journalists and politicians...
Because I think both “left” & “right” wing people are being blackmailed.

It’s much bigger than the paradigm you’re clinging to.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Do you think that all of the sexual harrassment acusations in the news are a slow drip of what's to come? I do. For the first time in a long time, I honestly think there may be some good people at work trying to bring some of this out into the light.

I absolutely share in this sentiment.

It is the first layer of the onion that is pointing the masses into the direction of just how criminal some of these people are.

The continued exposure only strengthens my belief that "Q" the supposed high level intelligence poster on 4chan is not larping, white hats are actively fighting the "deep state" that us conspiracy theorists have been warning about for years!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Trillium

So the people who do not believe an anonymous member of the World’s biggest Troll website (4chan) must be “poor sheep“?

What does that say about the people who believe every unverifiable word Q posts?
I bet you think they’re “woke”... lol.

People who lead you down an endless rabbit hole do not have your best interests at heart...
Anyone with critical thinking skills should know this.

On topic;
Congresspeople being blackmailed?
This is not a new theory at all.
In fact it’s pretty well known to most conspiracy theorists.

They’re not alone either, movie stars, singers, rappers, sports stars and journalists are also blackmailed.
Scum rises to the top.

The most interesting aspect of all of this is that some of these people are blackmailed into blackmailing or exposing others.
They’re all sordid.

So let me get this straight. You talk bad about the whole Q ordeal, and people who are following it, then turn around and support conspiracy theorists, and conspiracy theories about celebrities/politicians are all blackmailed? Do you see the (hypocrisy) irony?

Regarding OP:

The only bad thing about congress being blackmailed is who is doing the blackmail and what do they want? Why not leak the information out, instead of blackmailing them? Wouldn't the information be more beneficial in public hands? Why give these corrupt douche nozzles any chance whatsoever to clear their names?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

You should ask yourself logistically , what would be required to blackmail hundreds of congressmen and senators????

Is that even believable??

An IT guy looking to make some money, with access to the details behind the 260 (that we know of) non-public settlements Congressmen entered into, giving this information to the wrong people. How is that so incredulous to you?

Sounds pretty simple to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What you should worry about is not accusations and allegations of sexual scandals in Congress...what you should really worry about is that corporations are writing legislation, and using campaign donations, trips, speaking engagements and other sorts of "pork" to get legislation passed...legislation that benefits only that corporation, not the public, not the constituency, not the commonweal.

The misconduct allegations will work themselves out...people in power often abuse that power...but we'll find out eventually what's going on. I'm kinda liking this cleaning house and clearing of the air. We are learning who the true pervs are, it's somewhat liberating.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat

Regarding OP:

The only bad thing about congress being blackmailed is who is doing the blackmail and what do they want? Why not leak the information out, instead of blackmailing them? Wouldn't the information be more beneficial in public hands? Why give these corrupt douche nozzles any chance whatsoever to clear their names?

Consider what would happen if it were sold to a foreign power (or corporate billionaire). It's not about democrats vs republicans. It's larger than that.

Imagine what you could do with American policy if you had just the right Congressman or two or three in your pocket.

Blackmailers usually don't want the information they have on the person to come out.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: smurfy

Urban Dictionary is your fun, fact-filled friend.

You could spend hours learning things which will expand your vocabulary of filth.

I did get this,
"jack wagon definition = meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional."

It must be bad then, and I guess all those politicians need help before they all go blind, never mind, "blackmail"

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

I never mentioned the people “following” the Q situation.
I did mention people who believe every word he says.

I have yet to make a decision on Q, as of yet.
So I see no irony nor hypocrisy in my statement.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

What you should worry about is not accusations and allegations of sexual scandals in Congress...what you should really worry about is that corporations are writing legislation, and using campaign donations, trips, speaking engagements and other sorts of "pork" to get legislation passed...legislation that benefits only that corporation, not the public, not the constituency, not the commonweal.

The misconduct allegations will work themselves out...people in power often abuse that power...but we'll find out eventually what's going on. I'm kinda liking this cleaning house and clearing of the air. We are learning who the true pervs are, it's somewhat liberating.

Don't you think that congressional blackmail could be a part of "corporations writing legislation"? As long as this congressional slush fund for settlements exists in the dark, this will continue. The american people have every right to know how congress is using OUR money.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The op has suggested in the posting that the Congress is being blackmailed.

I would have to say that some of the members of congress are being blackmailed. Most take bribes in the form of campaign contributions to sway the way that they vote. It is always easier to allow someone else to make a decision. And once in office, they are not wanting to give up their cushy position and thus will make a half hearted attempt to appease the people, while making a whole hearted attempt to appeal to those who donate to them.

Once congress walked the straight and narrow, any step out of line and everyone knew it, but then again they were being blackmailed, as the skeletons in their closets were well known by one man and he used it not only to remain in his position, but kept congress under control, even the presidency as well. And that was J. Edgar Hoover, head of the FBI.

The problem with the congress lies with WE the PEOPLE. We know they take money from lobbiest, but do not hold them accountable, we see that they do not deliver on promises, yet do not hold them accountable, we see the corruption, yet do not hold them accountable. Ask any person in the street, and it is always this states or that states congressman, never their own. We give free passes on bad behavior when it is our states politicians, and blame the others.

The only way to change that is that all of the country needs to stop sending the same people back to office, and start voting the incumbent out time and time again, that way people know that it is only for one term, and the only promotion is the next higher office.

And to stop voting for the person who is coveting the position, wanting it, rather vote for the person who is not wanting it, but does it out of sense of duty, cause they would be more willing to vacate.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Well said, however, I think the only way to stop it is to force them to institute term limits AND anti-lobbying legislation. I also think that if we required congress to pass legislation stating that they could not take money in any form (gifts, campaign contributions, party contributions included) for more than, say $1,000, term limits wouldn't be a problem!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They're being blackmailed because they are scumbags (uncle perveies) and paying it off with the taxpayers money. What's wrong with this picture.
edit on 25-11-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

Don't you think that congressional blackmail could be a part of "corporations writing legislation"? As long as this congressional slush fund for settlements exists in the dark, this will continue. The american people have every right to know how congress is using OUR money.

I agree 100% that corporations are blackmailing congress. I didn't make that clear in my post, for that I apologize. I feel that is a more serious transgression than sexual misconduct...not that I am making light of sexual misconduct mind you, just that I feel that corporations are tipping the scales in a proportionately higher angle to benefit themselves much to the detriment of society at large.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join