It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Turkish Stream cometh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The Turkish Stream is a Natural gas pipeline from Russia to Turkey that's now going into production after some issues that have now been resolved.

"The pipeline will start at the Russkaya compressor station near Anapa. It runs approximately 910 kilometres (570 mi) offshore.[8] The landing point in Turkey will be Kıyıköy, a village in the district of Vize in Kırklareli Province at northwestern Turkey. From there, 180-kilometre-long (110 mi) pipeline will run to Lüleburgaz."

It looks like Putin wins again. He prevented the US from overthrowing Assad in Syria and now the Turkish Stream is moving ahead after the strengthening of Russia/Turkey ties. Gas is about 40%of Russia's economy so this will be a huge financial boon to the Russian economy.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
that's ok, the mineral deposits we have priced into the market from maintaining influence of he lands we did get may assist to offset the loss in transit royalties. Another decade, another war for resources. We'll get them next time

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
that's ok, the mineral deposits we have priced into the market from maintaining influence of he lands we did get may assist to offset the loss in transit royalties. Another decade, another war for resources. We'll get them next time

No, that won't happen with one world dictator which if you haven't been aware happens when 4 great powers come together to be one great power on Earth.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The next big struggle may be for the new Canal proposed in S. America. I think China is Leading that operation.
edit on 25-11-2017 by lostbook because: Word edit

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I thought we were supposed to NOT meddle in the affairs of other countries?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

If only it were so simple...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
How does it hurt us if good things happen for the Russian people? Why do we always feel the need to keep other countries from having a better economic situation? They aren’t taking anything away from us so let them sell their oil.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How does it hurt us if good things happen for the Russian people? Why do we always feel the need to keep other countries from having a better economic situation? They aren’t taking anything away from us so let them sell their oil.

I never said it is a bad thing. Just pointing out that the US will lose it's influence on the world stage if we keep up with an isolationist stance while the rest of the world changes and grows.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I say the 'Turkish Stream Cometh' as a metaphor for the geo-political and economic wave that's coming, and it's being orchestrated by Putin. Does no one see this?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, it's a good time to be investing in gas pipelines, just as the rich European markets move away from the stuff. I fail to see how this pipeline impacts the US, but please do tell, but in your own words.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Free trade and good relations with all nations, entangling alliances with none.

Look whats happened since we forgot that edict.

The ME is on fire over oil and natural gas.
edit on 25-11-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, it's a good time to be investing in gas pipelines, just as the rich European markets move away from the stuff. I fail to see how this pipeline impacts the US, but please do tell, but in your own words.

It affects the US because it spreads Russian influence. Many nations are warming up to Russia, even Israel. Russia will be able to free itself from any leverage the US has when it comes to situations in the M.E. and the M.E. is a hot mess.

I am not against Russia or its aspirations. I just think this is an important development in the economic balance of power in the world. The Us and Russia fought on the same side back during WWI and on opposite sides in every conflict since then. Russia isn't the enemy but a competitor.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Imagine countries excelling in Benevolence toward other countries, and the world putting away war.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That's because our government thinks that everything is theirs and the rest of the world is supposed to just go along with it , well it looks like the rest of the world is tired of our # .
They are like kids....if they see someone with something good , they have to have it .

new topics

top topics

join