It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people have to be dramatic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here is the deal, your mom is probably lonely and also probably feels that your wife makes it so her parents see your children more than she does. And the fact is, she is probably right. It is an age old problem. Anyway, good luck with that - had to deal with it for 23 years now. It doesn't end.

Another issue is that (my feelings here) females of the human variety have a picture in their mind of what the future should be, especially when it comes to children that are their direct spawn. If that picture starts deviating, it causes anxiety for them. Anxiety is a hard thing to deal with for almost anyone, so be easy on her and realize she is having a hard time because she just wants to love (and possibly control) a situation she has dreamed about in her head for years and years and years.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

Ahh - the wonderful holidays - Peace and Goodwill to all except family and people in your way.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHook
a reply to: DBCowboy

aw
*hugs*

LoL

This is great stuff...see we all need hugs.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
My mother is ridiculously dramatic that way, so I fixed the issue. I moved all the way across the country so nobody sees anybody. Actually, my kids are grown now, and I don't fly, so no more issues about seeing anybody.

My Family is all moving closer together..the last 30 years of separation got boring..change helps i guess...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

This experience is totally common. It happens to just about everybody at some point.

If you think your Mom is bad, try mine.

My so called "M" word left me when I was 3. She really #ed me up emotionally. She has continued to abuse me emotionally with her wicked nasty selfish husband, my wicked step "D"; I will not say the word because it is a title he does not deserve to have.

I am on the point of banning them altogether out of my life.

You should not be moaning because you have good people who care about having family around, unlike the monsters that I have as so called "P" word, that again they do not deserve to be described as. I simply call them MONSTERS!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I'm not a male. I'm a female. My mother can come anytime here. Nobody said she isn't allowed to see her grandchild. Like, just make it another day. My child has 5 grandparents. :| and 6 great grandparents. She seems she the only one. Also, she isn't elderly. She is in her 40s and lives with my brother.

3 months ago. We were living with her and she got to see my child everyday.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

This isn't a compitation who has the worst mother. Sorry to hear about your family issues tho.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

lol ya really. Maybe I will find a island for my partner, my child and me.
no longer have to deal with humanity.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You want a hug too? *hugs you*

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I suppose the other solution is to offer to have the holiday at your place the next time and invite both sets of grandparents to attend.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Facebook. Nuff said. Deactivate + delete fixed my drama fast.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't know. EVERYONE acts damned crazy nowadays.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join