It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nostelgic look back "Solider of Fortune 1 and 2". Which game makes you feel nostelgic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I had a TRS 80. The home phone went into the cradle to connect so you dialed in on your phone. I had Zaxxon on a cassette drive to play it also.
The only online gaming was dialing numbers you got from the nerds at Radio Shack, which were all dialogue. They would have a paragraph and then you chose multiple choice. Lol
Once I was goofing around in one, and the person on the other end started typing away in the game eating my a$$ out. It was all brand new back then and a little scary. I think his name was Captain Midnight..creepy

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I spent way to much money on Asteroids , Gallaga (Galaxians ?) arcade machines , 10p a go would soon eat your pocket money.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I dominated SOF 1 at multiple LAN parties and online. SOF two was absolutely gorgeous. It disappoints me more FPS's have not utilized similar engines to reproduce a more authentic experience.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Arcade machines was how I spent my holidays at Butlins during my pre-teens!!! Such a miss-spent youth, that and break dancing/poping

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My earliest multiplayer experiences were with Mario Kart 64 and GoldenEye. I honestly don't know which one was better, they were both tons of fun. Perfect Dark was sweet as well, farsight gun FTW!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I spent way to much money on Asteroids , Gallaga (Galaxians ?) arcade machines , 10p a go would soon eat your pocket money.

Hahaha yeah me too. Tempest was another that got a good chunk of change from me.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I got Tempest 2000 free with the Atari Jaguar (don't laugh)

Probably one of the finest and most addicting games on the system.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Oh man, Goldeneye & Mario Kart on the N64. 4 good friends with 4 controllers. Hours and hours of entertainment.

My 1st addiction was Pool of Radiance and my last was DDO (dungeons and dragons online). I lost 4 years to DDO.

Wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Speaking of failed consoles, did anyone have the Panasonic 3DO? I only ever played the demo in store and wonder if it had any good games?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Lol, my DDO was WoW.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I nearly bought a 3DO , went for the Jag instead , I think I made the right choice the 3DO was real bad.
Aliens VS Predator on the Jag was supreme as was Doom and Wolfenstein so it wasn't all that bad.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Which was the console that had games on plastic cards. It starts with an N I think, just can't think of it ATM. My cousin had that system and it was decent.

Edit: TurboGraphix 16!
edit on 23-11-2017 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You do know that video is of hunters shooting varmints, right? 50 cal doesn't do that to hoomans.

On topic: SOF was great. Best part about the second one was the hilarious butchering you could do to dead bodies. My best friend and I used to take the knife to a body and make a tiny filet o human. Took a few minutes to chop through everything, but you were always left with a tasty looking chunk of flesh...

I was totally a normal kid. I swear....
edit on 23-11-2017 by seaswine because: Hilarious autocorrect needed fixing

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

That's what video games are for. You do heinous sh# in game, so that you don't feel the need to do it IRL.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So you where the one who bought the Jaguar, I knew some one did hahaha!! (only joking)

I never got into buying consoles till the N64, I spent all my spare cash back then on PC parts!!
edit on 23-11-2017 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nintendo: shoot the ducks, mario bros

Snes: that ant game forgot name, contra, harvest moon, zelda

Sega genesis: sonic

N64: ocarina of time (in my top 3 best game ever made) , goldeneye

Playstation: xcalibur, driver

Xbox: gta series

Pc: ultima online, everquest, wow, warhammer online

Miss the feeling i got playing those games

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

You do know that video is of hunters shooting varmints, right? 50 cal doesn't do that to hoomans.

No it wasn't, yes it does.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine
Yea but SOF2 took it to another level when you could just take certain pieces of their face bit by bit. I opened a door and was surprised by an enemy only to blow away his jaw. It took me a week to stop playing with gibs and actually play through the story.

I think if all shooters were real life gory like SOF, there would probably be less gun violence in America. The disconnect kids have with shooters is a lack of actual consequences from shooting people. They stay intact with minimal blood and no sound of suffering. Even just making all video games abide by a realistic standard would force the consumer to confront the actual violence and brutality that goes behind every gun shot. idiot kids at least would respect them more going into adulthood and maybe not develop the idea that its cool to kill.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How does shooting someone in real life have anything to do with Video games??

If you don't have anything to post about the thread topic then please keep your mumblings to yourself.

edit on 24-11-2017 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It was the online pandemonium that did it for me, just the absurdity of throwing a knife across the map and getting a score or where the grenade launcher was placed to cause as much carnage as possible with everyone running for it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join