It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Am I repusled by transgenders?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There's a lot of propaganda out there trying to make people feel 'repulsed', so it's possible you've been infected by the propaganda.

Which isn't a criticism, this stuff is everywhere and it works, which is why they do it.

I'd recommend getting to know some Trans people. Once you do, you realise that they're just like everybody else. And if you know Gay and Lesbian folks, you probably have some Trans folks in the mix somewhere.

Very possible you might not know why they are too, because they don't wear signs that say 'I AM TRANS!' THey just look like men and women.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OP, i didn't understand it at first either. what helped me was reading things written by people who are transgender and hearing their point of view. maybe this will be helpful to you, too.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize
You may be repulsed simply because you cannot see yourself in their place, that's all. JMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why should you have to be attracted to something that isn't within your preference?

I've notice this push from some transgender advocates saying that not being attracted to trannies is wrong. That we should be shamed into sex we don't want because somehow trannies are just like women..

No, I Don't Have To Tell You I'm Trans Before Dating You

Yeah you do. Because I don't date men.

edit on 23 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 23 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
There's a lot of propaganda out there trying to make people feel 'repulsed', so it's possible you've been infected by the propaganda.

Which isn't a criticism, this stuff is everywhere and it works, which is why they do it.

I'd recommend getting to know some Trans people. Once you do, you realise that they're just like everybody else. And if you know Gay and Lesbian folks, you probably have some Trans folks in the mix somewhere.

Very possible you might not know why they are too, because they don't wear signs that say 'I AM TRANS!' THey just look like men and women.

It's not like this anxiety towards these differences is new and has only occured in modern days. Certainly not caused by propaganda alone. There is opposition to these people going back as far as there is written language. To simply denounce those who are uncomfortable around trans people, is to ignore their actual biological instincts in favor of someone else's. How come there is no acceptance for these people who are having a far more common and just as natural response to their environment?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: Lurker1
I don't presume to speak for anyone else when I say that non-heterosexual behavior gives me the creeps.

I think it's plain human nature.

I also react violently when I see someone with tattoos on their head/face or a lot of piercings. I was recently grocery shopping in the dairy section and was scared out of my wits when I looked up from my list to see a man grotesquely tattooed all over his face. He was an employee.

Frankly, I would never hire such a person. Self-mutilation is a sign of underlying mental illness.

You react violently to tatts and earrings?

Get your emotions under control.

Or, you can get some nice ink in prison when you get there.

Normal reaction to self-mutilation. I wasn't the only shopper startled out of my wits.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Why should you have to be attracted to something that isn't within your preference?

I've notice this push from some transgender advocates saying that not being attracted to trannies is wrong. That we should be shamed into sex we don't want because somehow trannies are just like women..

No, I Don't Have To Tell You I'm Trans Before Dating You

Yeah you do. Because I don't date men.

Agreed. There is a serious problem when people are told they must comply with group-think.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Meh, Transracial is the new struggle.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

AND THE STRUGGLE IS REAL

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

How about a person that has a piece of hard candy or a cough drop in their mouth and they keep rolling it from one side of their mouth, clicking it on their teeth each time?

They would never be able to click it on their teeth if you knocked them the hell out of their gob.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess it's an after the cause reaction on a subconscious level?

It's obviously unnatural and a by-product of abuse in one form or another.

It's hard enough to live in one's own skin without having been molested/mind-effed.

Not to take away the innocence that was robbed of them.
edit on (11/23/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
Its been bothering me a lot..

It's because we see "gays" and "lesbians" as being more generally "honest".

But, "transgenders" appear to engage in pure "deception".

They look one way, but are the opposite of what they look like to us.

That makes us uncomfortable, because we can't "predict" who they are "on sight."

The gays and lesbians are more likely to reveal to us their true status, than the transgender.

By the very nature of it, for example, if I'm a man and approach a lesbian, she'll either tell me or reject me, and either way I'm safe.

So, we feel safer dealing with gays and lesbians. But, with the transgender, it's not until we're in an uncompromising position that we're likely to find out, they aren't who we thought they were. And that is very "unappealing", to put it politely.

The transgender person wouldn't tell you what they are, nor reject you, because part of their sexual excitement is that you don't know until it's too late.

That's why people feel uncomfortable with the whole idea of transgender.

Their "ID" is always "fake."

edit on 23-11-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i really didn't want to engage with each and every wrongheaded idea in this thread, but...

a) no, people who are transgender are not transgender because they have been abused.

b) no, people who are transgender are not getting their sexual excitement from fooling you.

today i would be thankful if people who have such wrongheaded notions would take the time to read the words of actual transgender people about what their lives are like, to read a broad selection of this kind of writing, before they run around on the internet making BS claims about things. amen.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Often people are afraid/disgusted by the different. So perhaps the fact that you sense something different, makes you feel ill at ease?

Many cultures around the world actually have recognized transgender as a thing for a long time. Sadly the Abrahamic faiths are stuck in the stone age

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a) no, people who are transgender are not transgender because they have been abused.

b) no, people who are transgender are not getting their sexual excitement from fooling you.

I don´t think that´s what most people think, to be honest. Especially the last one.

If someone has kids, they know for example that some children are more sensible or feminin (regardless how you called) or known as "tomboys" and vice versa. That does not mean such a child is transgender, and I strongly disagree with the notion of embracing/amplifying "transgenderism" actively. Let for example children and teens go through puberty (the event that sorts out the hormones) first.

And, non-related to this topic:
I´d be really interested if a gender fluid transgender could explain to me what this means. what are the benefits are when they are male then and female there. What defines male/female for them? If someone answers to this, please make clear if it´s from own experience or just a guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think it may have to do with being unsure. I have no problem with TG folks but wouldn't care to interact. Pronoun problem alone makes me uncomfortable. What if you use one that they find offensive. I've seen people getting pissed that "he" was used when s/he(see what I mean?) identifies as "she".

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Natural defensive mechanism against a potential deceitful enemy. Trangenders are natural deceivers due to the very nature of their existence and cannot be trusted. I never turn my back on one and always make sure to watch their hands. Just like any alleged Muslim dressed in all black garb. Another deception to hide, maybe for an attack?? Probabl not even female sometimes, just a criinal waiting to strike. Always watch peoples hands when people are in disguise.

Do this and your chance of being murdered by strangers can be mitigated with vigilance.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't mean to be mean but I would hate to live in your world. The energy it would take to maintain that fear would be so draining.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We know that our pheromones play a part in attraction.

It wouldn't surprise if they play a huge role in this.

Your eyes may look at a TG and see "male," and "he" may be attracted to you as a "man" because that's what "he" is convinced "he" is. But, I'll bet the confusing signals and disgust are triggered by the pheromones which say "female" because there is no way to change them, much like there is no way to change one's DNA.

So you may be getting all kinds of conflicting signals, and it may provoke that disgust.

For my part, so long as I can deal with people as people without getting into the sexual issues, I can handle everything fine.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"For my part, so long as I can deal with people as people without getting into the sexual issues, I can handle everything fine."

Most people can't get around the sex aspect and it blocks them from seeing the actual person. When I think of a gay man, I don't immediately think "gay sex", which a lot of people do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join