It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ideal heaven.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Strawberry shortcake made with strawberries ripened on the plant.
I sure hope you can eat there, notice I said you. I doubt if I will ever get to heaven, too much to learn here on earth, I'll stick around after I die and watch how things go.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Your ideal heaven.

Cold beer, hot babes, and riding dragons.

And light sabres.

You wouldn't want to be the dragon, only ride them?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I would like to have omnipotent powers where anything I imagine spontaneously becomes reality.

So,you just want to , be a god , that's all .lol

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Sofia Vergara made out of bacon.

mmmmmmmm bacon.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
In Cindy Lauper’s arms with a bucket of fried chicken...

Kfc or popeyes?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Biblical life in heaven is really not revealed in the Bible. I have studied the Bible for over 21 years and in all that time I have not found any passages that tell us what life for a Christian will be like in Heaven. Yes there may be singing and praising but I would not limit it to just that, that would be ludicrous.

But from what I gather. In a new heaven, in a perfect holy body, we could go and explore the new heavens from end to end which is a pretty big place, and all of that without the need of space craft. We will be forever with him so to forever just sing and praise is not what God intends. It is far more.

The Bible does have all we need in this life to live godly and righteous while on the earth.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have an interesting idea from Emmett Fox (early 20th Century Christian Minister):

That heaven (or the afterlife of any kind) is where what you are thinking automatically comes into being. Both the good thoughts or the bad.

Think on that one? You think of the zombie apocalypse and bingo - you have a zombie apocalypse. You think of yourself as #... You think of a world without fear ...

This dovetails into another idea that I got from Pema Chodron - one that changed my whole outlook on 'reality', thought and presence.

Pema Chodron is a Western Buddhist Author. She took vows after her children who were raised Christian and remain so. At one point she took her children to meet a famous Rinpoche and asked the Rinpoche to say something important to her children. After initial greetings the Rinpoche told her children, "The only thing you take with you when you die, is your state of mind."

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No need for kings or "leading anybody" or justice system in heaven. What you're really trying to do is go back on your descriptor of "benevolent dictatorship".

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

No need for kings or "leading anybody" or justice system in heaven. What you're really trying to do is go back on your descriptor of "benevolent dictatorship".

Well I disagree, thats why I said something like a benevolent dictator
Its my heaven not yours

You do and say what you want

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Most of the above for me but steaks instead of fish. No need for a justice system in heaven.

benevolent dictatorship,

dictatorship - really?

Someone to lead people in caring as opposed to ruling, the servant King
True, no justice system needed

What a really nice thought. It would take an omnipotent God to be a servant King.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

My ideal heaven? One that exists.
Unfortuantely, we can't all have what we want.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I have an interesting idea from Emmett Fox (early 20th Century Christian Minister):

That heaven (or the afterlife of any kind) is where what you are thinking automatically comes into being. Both the good thoughts or the bad.

Think on that one? You think of the zombie apocalypse and bingo - you have a zombie apocalypse. You think of yourself as #... You think of a world without fear ...

This dovetails into another idea that I got from Pema Chodron - one that changed my whole outlook on 'reality', thought and presence.

Pema Chodron is a Western Buddhist Author. She took vows after her children who were raised Christian and remain so. At one point she took her children to meet a famous Rinpoche and asked the Rinpoche to say something important to her children. After initial greetings the Rinpoche told her children, "The only thing you take with you when you die, is your state of mind."

Here's what I think happens after you die. When you die you have two choices. Your first choice after you die is you can look directly into the face of God and experience God's infinite beauty. Or, your second choice, for whatever reason you feel you are not worthy of staring into the face of God, each of us being our own worse critics, and you turn away from looking into God's face.

So what happens with each choice. If you choose to look into the face of God and experience God's infinite beauty, what you experience is the very best possible experience one could have. Experiencing God's infinite beauty is a million times more satisfying and fulfilling than just having a brief moment of experiencing sex.

You become so enamored with God’s infinite beauty, all time ceases to exist, you stop having conscious thoughts, and you melt into the mind of God experiencing eternal heavenly bliss. The God experience is greatest possible experience one can have by definition. No other experience is so fulfilling and complete than the God experience, again, by definition. The God experience is like every cell in your entire body is having a simultaneous orgasm. Even though this only happens for a few nanoseconds before physical death, with your brain operating at 100% heightened neural capacity, it feels like eternity to the conscious self.

The second choice, for whatever reason, you decide to look away from the face of God. At that moment, God immediately gives you the power of omnipotence. Your mind enters a free-form delusional state where anything you imagine spontaneously comes into existence and is experience. Again, with every cell in your body heightened in excitation time slows down. For just a few nanoseconds you experience having the power of omnipotence for what is essentially eternity.

An omnipotent God can certainly dole out the power of omnipotence and still retain all his powers.

Now at first this may sound like a really good thing. But after millions and millions of years, which is only nanoseconds real time, living out all your petty profane desires and imaginations you will become extremely bored. Your mind will have exhausted every possible new thing to imagine. Every possible conceivable scenario of experience will have been played out millions of times over. After having sex with two chicks 10,000 times is probably enough. Eventually you will decide there's not point in turning away from God any longer and you will turn back and look into the face of God.

However, this time you don't look away. All the reasons you would have to look away have been resolved during your stint with omnipotent powers. And just after you look into the face of God you have a brief thought what the heck was I thinking when I turned away the first time? Time will then cease to exist and you experience everlasting heavenly bliss.

Now some of you may be thinking, gee, you die, you turn away from God and you get rewarded with the power of having omnipotence. This may sound unfair if you are immature in your thinking and you take pleasure at the thought of sinners suffering. Or maybe your heart is full of hate and you are seeking revenge against people who have sinned against you.

But from our omnipotent all-loving God's perspective, what better way to win over someone’s love so absolutely and completely than by perfectly giving them everything their heart desires? The real sad thing is why anyone would ever waste any time at all with their own petty and profane desires when they can be looking into the face of God basking in the glow of heavenly eternal bliss. Nothing we can imagine or invent could ever come close to experiencing God's infinite beauty.

This is not something you read in the Bible. You read this and you just know it in your heart it is true. If not, then you will have omnipotent powers and you will have to work out whatever it is that you feel so strongly about.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

A large gravel bar, next to a big stream in the woods. A little shotgun shack. Fishing forever.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marky83

A large gravel bar, next to a big stream in the woods. A little shotgun shack. Fishing forever.

I'm trying to have this in real life. I'm very close to getting it too.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My take is a little simplier:

You 'stare into the face of God' everyday.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
In my version of heaven... I am not seated at his right hand. For surely that kind of miser I refuse to be on judgement day. Whilst misery loves company. I prefer not to hear of men that are not men. Instead I will go be with her. For surely she is not a man.
Then when all my house has gathered to throw me a welcome home party. Or druken orgy. I will sneak away and join god. For surely we must talk of the days of strange gods. In which I have trespassed against them. And am now in war with them all the days of my existence.

When I am gone from this Earth. I will tell god to forget me. For surely I am not looking forward to setting a standard on this earth. Weights and measures are his, and his alone. Let no one remember me. For weights and measures are his own.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I was actually thinking about writing a story about this very subject...

When you die, you wake up in a world of your own creation...

Guided by a perfect mate, whom you are sure you have met before, only to find out they are created from your subconsciousness.

They are the perfect person for you...they know all your wants and desires, and they are attractive beyond belief, because they are created by your own mind and possess all the traits you are attracted to.

There's a lot more to it than that, but that is the basic gist.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join