It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consent, really as simple as a cup of tea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Are you still struggling with the concept of consent?
Then watch this video, it really isn't rocket science

Got it?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster

Got it?

So what happens when someone ask you for tea; you make the tea and then they willing drink the tea only to tell you two days later they didn't want tea?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Great video that brilliantly explains what true consent is ! Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Got it?

So what happens when someone ask you for tea; you make the tea and then they willing drink the tea only to tell you two days later they didn't want tea?

They consented to the tea at the time... but the question is why? Did they feel intimidated to consent ?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These days it is slightly different...

"Would you like some tea?"

"Rape!"

That's all it takes.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Got it?

They consented to the tea at the time... but the question is why? Did they feel intimidated to consent ?

Madness.
How could one know????

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Also not a good idea to connect a job promotion with the ingestion of tea.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Also not a good idea to connect a job promotion with the ingestion of tea.

Indeed - if you want a promotion, work hard and avoid drinking tea as a shortcut.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Sheye

Got it?

Madness.
How could one know????

True enough.. but if the person offering " tea" is the boss.. he should realize that someone may desperately be trying to hold unto the job that feeds their family. Point is.. some in power take advantage of that position and throw a tea party.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well, I guess that's your queue to ask questions.
Maybe you make a poor tasting cup of tea?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Maybe they wanted the cup of tea at the time then they discovered you didn't want to make a commitment to having tea exclusively and then you get reported for have inappropriate tea.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Nice and simple.

Just simple enough for all those morons who think consent is a joke, or something that does not apply to them.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Lots of people in power abuse it, it still does not mean you have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with. That is called free will. I know, I have declined many tea "invitations". Many times I was not given rightful promotions, raises etc. Life is not fair. etc. Now that I'm older, I don't regret it one bit. Say no the F'ing tea!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Used to be, people waited until they were married to have sex. I know, an outdated concept. But it avoided situations like this, consumed much less tea, and avoided a host of STD's..... Imagine that....... so old fashioned...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Got it?

Oh sweet, I was hoping somebody would clear up what consent is for ATS. I've always felt that the members here are pretty rapey and assaultey, so lots of them would do well with a lesson in consent.

/sarc

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What a silly analogy. Yes if you think in black and white, but a question to you all.
How many times in your lifetime, even after your married, when you're with a man or woman who you wanted to be with, how many times have you or they asked "do you want sex", "do you want sexual contact" , or any such black and white statement.
I'll be a clairvoyant and say compared to the number of times you've had sexual relations you could probably count the number on one hand.
How many times have you been in a sexually charged clinch with say 90% chance it will end in sex and you say "do you want sex"????? That's like a knife in the back to the moment, except if it was a prostitute. Get a grip people life is not that black and white.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Drinking tea is Cultural Appropriation from the near east.

Shame on all of you...

Wait, what are we talking about again?
edit on 11222017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't get it.

When did obviously simple issues become so complicated? No means no. Its pretty simple. A lack of "yes" means no.

And while we are at it, just use the bathroom that makes the most sense to you. I can't imagine a normal human ever questioning your gender, and if they do simply playing it off as them being the rude jerks they obviously are should take care of it.

People...life is not nearly as difficult as we are making it. Women want to be with men (usually) too...its not like you are having to unlock a safe using a secret combination or something. It really isn't this difficult.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Assumptions are the mother of all fckups.
Hence the question: "are you struggling with the concept..?"
If that doesn't apply to you and you don't know anyone who it does apply to, feel free to move along.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Nice and simple.

Just simple enough for all those morons who think consent is a joke, or something that does not apply to them.

you would think so, but some people are still determined to be the victims who have now been forced to never even look at a woman again because it's just so hard to figure out....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join