It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dramatic video shows escape, shooting of North Korean defector

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Good job we'll have the more competent Southerners on our side then...! As someone else wrote, Storm Trooper accuracy by NK soldiers right there.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A not very efficient border security, to keep people in that jail.
It looked like a Sunday stroll compared to people that had to flee from the former GDR.
There you never had the chance just to jump in a car and cross the border simply like that, to flee.

And i bet if the brave man had no problems with his car, nobody would ever had the chance to get him.
I am just wondering why he tried to move on in the car, realizing that it is stuck.
It looked a bit like a movie scene, to make it more thrilling, like:

I know that they come, but i will rather try to free my car from being stuck than just to run. I will first run if they are 2m behind me(somehow knowing that they are such bad shooters so they can´t kill me)...

That left me back surprised a bit.

Everything is exactly on camera, not that blurry footage we know from elsewhere, than the fact that he didn´t run till the NK soldiers could almost grab him, plus that these NK soldiers behave like slapstick movie actors.

And the fact that it seems to be very simple to cross that border. I watched documentaries that showed the life of NK smugglers, that smuggle between China and NK, no problem to cross the border for them, never. Not while leaving NK, not while entering NK back again. I mean, if they left that jail, as we are told it is, why do they come back? Ok, i know that people that had to do a lot of yearsin jail, do anything to come back into the jail, because life outside is not that life they know anymore. But how many are that, guess not that much.

I am really a bit confused if i compare that NK border to the former GDR border, it seems to be a difference like between night and day for me.

edit on 22 11 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Kim Jong Un!
Tear down this wall!

It could happen.

Doubtful..

But it is quite heartbreaking to see someone who feels that the likelihood of death by attempting escape is preferable to living in the current regime.

What is quite sad is those that attempt escape, make it into China, and then are returned to NK once captured in China.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard
I think you misunderstand what the NK are serious about their country when the border guards have more important things to do like stop their own people defecting than anyone invading their country.
I think that is what Lil Kim employs border guards for to keep his own people in and just uses false propaganda to frighten his people into believing that they are going to be invaded.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
People misunderstand what the Koreans are capable of. A war with them will be a long and difficult one. They aren’t going to back down from intimidation and this clip shows you how serious they are about their country.

they said the same about Iraq.these troops are weaker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join