It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Half of ‘Female’ Transgender Inmates Are Sex Offenders: Report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Government plans to let people “self-identify” as the opposite sex will put female prisoners at risk, campaigners have warned, after it was revealed that a huge proportion of transgender inmates are sex offenders. A report by feminist charity Fair Play for Women found “at least 41 per cent” of transgender inmates housed in jails across England and Wales are sex offenders — compared to 17 per cent of the population as a whole — and that a further handful are held in maximum-security category A prisons. According to Ministry of Justice figures, there are 70 transgender inmates in English and Welsh jails, but officials refused to answer freedom of information requests on the number of sex offenders amongst them, alleging that there is no “business or legal case” for recording the data. “Fair Play for Women strongly disagrees,” said the group in a new report, which argues the information is necessary to assess risks to female prisoners posed by government plans to allow men to “change sex” without even having to see a doctor.

Source

This is a serious issue, and needs to be addressed. We hear all the time that having a man who identifies as a woman in a male prison is "dangerous" for that man, but what about the women in the prisons? Does their safety matter? From the stats in this study, it seems some would say they don't matter, and that what a trans person wants is more important. Note this, also from the article:

So far, 13 transgender inmates have been transferred to women’s jails, including double rapist Jessica Winfield, who was convicted under the prisoner’s former name, Martin Ponting. As Breitbart London previously reported in September, Winfield — who is in the process of having a taxpayer-funded £10,000 sex change while in jail — reportedly had to be segregated after making sexual advances on female inmates. Another of the transgender prisoners was moved to Britain’s only category A jail for women, while a further nine are being housed in men’s maximum security prisons — which house criminals whose escape would pose major dangers to the public.

This is a very real issue. We already have cases of someone trans attacking in a restroom (see this thread), and now we learn that many of these trans people in prisons are sex offenders? I'd like to see stats for the United States, for the same group.

Another comment in the article, shown as a tweet, is that nine out of ten don't have any medical treatment for their issue, and simply self-identify as the opposite sex.

If we are going to discuss the problems caused by someone trans being in prison, we need to discuss all of the problems, and not pretend all are non-violent.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

the thread you referenced was a trans person attacking a girl in a private bathroom in a private home....Don't cloud the issue with that.

With reference to the rest of your OP; I think you have a good point. I don't believe in funding prisoner sex changes, and I don't believe in putting other convicts at risk due to the "self identification" of a small percentage of other inmates.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

First off that thread you linked to found that the assault took place in the apartment bathroom of the girl's family.
It was not a public restroom and the perp was a friend of the family.

Second, I agree that female transgendered that assaulted other non trans females should not be aloud in the same space as non trans female inmates. My question is who did the majority of trans females cited in this article assault?

I also don't think that a man that assaults, sexual or physical, other men to the point that he is put in prison should be aloud around other male inmates.

I also don't think that a woman that assaults, sexual or physical, other women to the point that she is put in prison should be aloud around other female inmates.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

...but officials refused to answer freedom of information requests on the number of sex offenders amongst them, alleging that there is no “business or legal case” for recording the data.

So if the government doesn’t record the data...
Where did this 41% number come from?

Also...

We already have cases of someone trans attacking in a restroom...

As well as this being irrelevant to the premise of the thread...
You should be a little more honest and let the readers know that the assault in that thread was done in a house by someone who knew the family of the little girl...

You know, before the readers assume that the assailant was in a public restroom hunting for victims...

Back to the topic...

...compared to 17 per cent of the population as a whole...

17% of Britain identifies as transgender???

Haha.
That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a while.

...there are 70 transgender inmates in English and Welsh jails...

& “41%” are sex offenders?

Aside from the fact I think that is bullsh*t...
That amounts to about 30 people.

Hardly an epidemic.

Just a FYI...
There are many things in Britain that can land someone on the sex offenders register...
Things like indecent exposure for one.
So we shouldn’t assume (even though this sounds like baseless propaganda) they’re all locked up for rape or assault.
Especially given the fact that they haven’t mentioned in the article the crimes committed.

My final words on this, who gives a flying f*ck if a sex offender is transgender or not?
People’s gender does not make them predisposed to sex offences.
& anyone who suggests it does is a propagandist with an agenda.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

LOL

Let guys who say they feel like women get transfered to a womens prison!

The insanity continues. That is going to work real well.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Real smart .....put a rapist in a woman's prison and how his penis is a weapon.
I don't agree that tax money should pay for elective surgery.
It shouldn't matter what they identify as being . if you have a penis you should go with the rest of the penis carrying inmates .
Then they can identify as a criminal woman trapped in a criminal mans body ,trapped in an all male prison.
Or maybe the solution, one section of the prison for them shouldn't be to hard to make happen , don't know if it's warranted or not to even consider .
But putting a rapist in with women is going to end well for the women , and whoever decides it's a good idea or ....or the women will treat the rapist as he would be in a mens prison and they will solve the problem themselves.....

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yes and liberals always paint gay people as the oppressed and victims,when in fact it seems it's the other way ,freaks protecting their own warped mind,disgusting IMO

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
you mean half have been convicted ?

I bet the other half have a few skeletons in there closet .

And thus the world has gone bat # crazy !

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This story was utterly fabricated by some TERFs. Then the idiot journalist at the Times copied the information from the fabricated website.

Trans-exlclusionary Radical Feminists.

A group of feminists that think all men are evil, all straight sex is rape, and trans-women are just men using disguises to infiltrate women's safe spaces.

We should not believe anything the TERFs say.

The story in the Times has been referred to the press ombudsman, who are investigating it as an egregious example of falsified news.

It's based on how many Trans people are being held in the prisons that also house sex offenders. But the thing is, these prisons also house prisoners who are at high risk of being attacked by other prisoners in genpop, like, for example, the Trans people.

So the Trans people in the prisons are being held there not because they are sex offenders, but because they are classified 'at risk'.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Seems prison could be the 'go to' for any transgender who couldn't

afford the surgery.

Commit a crime go to jail and 'bingo' £10,000 plus? of free surgery?

Now I might like a few nips and tucks ..... Do you think if I committed

a crime I might get it? ...... pigs might fly.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

sex offenders in the UK are housed in separate areas of prisons away from the general population.

Life time offenders or "lifers" , those on life without parole are housed with sex offenders or (beasts) as my friend likes to call them.

They are separated to begin with.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Transgenerdism is a mental health disorder, stemming from the person's inability to accept themself as they are. I know it's not PC to say it, but it's true. It makes sense that a person with a known psychological issue that focuses on sexuality would have a higher-than-normal risk of having other issues with sexuality.

17% of Britain identifies as transgender???

No. It's saying 17% of Britons are sex offenders. Which still sounds suspiciously high, although since this is a feminist group it's possible they're using an overly-broad definition of "sex offender."

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me wonder what the true "trans agenda" is -- and I don't mean the transgender population itself, most of whom probably just want what we all want: to live our lives in peace. But rather those doing the social engineering. Because, (1), their "solutions" are quite adversarial and guarantee continued conflict -- but that's not so hard to figure out. It's just another battle front in the divide-and-conquer campaign against us. In this instance, for example, we all know no good can come from placing a violent sexual predator in confinement with his victims of choice. None. The same is true of a violent male sexual predator who preys on other males. It's not about being transgender -- it's about being a violent sexual predator! And no doubt non-violent non-predator transgender persons cringe with the rest of us, knowing that when the inevitable happens, all transgender persons will be looked at as the same violent sexual predator by the general public. Divide-and-conquer.

And (2), despite evidence indicating otherwise, there is a deliberate effort to put all "transgenders" into the same box, despite knowing there are differences -- including a tendency to sexual violence by some. Even the transgender community itself distinguishes between transgender persons who genuinely feel they are in the wrong body, and those called cross-dressers or transvestites -- although I have yet to find a common definition of what the difference is. (I'm happy to be enlightened if someone can point me in the right direction...)

There is no real regard for the transgender individual, but rather they are being exploited for another purpose. Probably several purposes, by many parties. Starting with the medical establishment in general, and Big Pharma in particular, who profit mightily by providing "the cure"... which, in at least some cases, is also the cause. And, of course, let's not leave out Monsanto and their endocrine-disrupting Round-up in all its applications. But as long as corporations are legally mandated to do what's best for their shareholders -- i.e., what makes the biggest profit for the shareholders -- our health and our best interests will always come last... And that includes the best interests of transgender persons.

There is much to be studied and understood about gender dysphoria and gender-identification issues. But these studies have not been done and I suspect will not be done because it's not in the best interests of the few -- and to hell with the many. The NIH announced they would be conducting a study, but the NIH has become so politicized I don't expect much of substance.

It's all very confusing. Nothing about it all makes any sense -- I suspect deliberately so.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Trans-exlclusionary Radical Feminists.

A group of feminists that think all men are evil, all straight sex is rape, and trans-women are just men using disguises to infiltrate women's safe spaces.

We should not believe anything the TERFs say.

Divide-and-conquer -- you play the game well.

I have read about the mission and efforts of these women and the abuse they have received from the trans community -- much like you so contemptuously insulted them just now while refusing to even acknowledge, much less respect, the very real issues they challenge. Specifically, the insistence by too many that women's advocates cater to the trans community.

You must realize that transwomen are not the same and do not have the same needs as biological women. And pretending they are does not make it so... the push to treat them the same actually hinders and harms biological women, whose very real needs are forsaken because it's not "inclusionary" to transwomen. I would say that it also harms transwomen who often neglect their own specific needs by ignoring their physical reality.

There is absolutely no virtue in ignoring the needs of some for the needs of others. And I will not fault these women for refusing to turn their back on the needs of some because it's "exclusionary" to others with different needs.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Transgenerdism is a mental health disorder, stemming from the person's inability to accept themself as they are. I know it's not PC to say it, but it's true.

Sometimes, yes. But not all the time. There are biological/physiological causes as well -- including environmental toxins with profound effects on our bodies, and including our mental and emotional faculties.

There is much more to this than we're being told...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This is where peddling misogynist hate gets us. A 60 year old woman being beaten up by 4 male to trans individuals, because they wanted to silence her.

www.google.com... -speakers-corner/amp/" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">https...://www.google.com/amp/www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/09/17/woman-beaten-as-trans-exclusionary-radical-feminists-and-trans-activists-fight-in -speakers-corner/amp/

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

the thread you referenced was a trans person attacking a girl in a private bathroom in a private home....Don't cloud the issue with that.

With reference to the rest of your OP; I think you have a good point. I don't believe in funding prisoner sex changes, and I don't believe in putting other convicts at risk due to the "self identification" of a small percentage of other inmates.

Can someone clarify for me why it matters that a predator looked for prey in a private residence rather than a public place? Does it somehow make the person less of a predator by being in a private setting?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yeah i identify as a female, but im a lesbian, and my beliefs forbid me from getting the surgery so i have to make love with my stupid penis.. I hate it! Please feel sorry for me...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...but officials refused to answer freedom of information requests on the number of sex offenders amongst them, alleging that there is no “business or legal case” for recording the data.

So if the government doesn’t record the data...
Where did this 41% number come from?

Who needs actual data when you've got gut feelings? D:

41% Sounds about right, though, yeah? Gotta be. lol

Dare I say... Fake News?

All this transphobic furore because the new Gender Recognition Act is incoming. Similar processes have been introduced in many countries with no drama. No problem. No fuss.

But now the right-wing hate parade is in full flow. How sad. Even Catholic Ireland introduced their version of a GRA without a hitch.

See the people stirring up the hatred. Ye shall know them by their posts (:
edit on 22-11-2017 by melatonin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Transgenerdism is a mental health disorder, stemming from the person's inability to accept themself as they are. I know it's not PC to say it, but it's true.

It's true. because Andy from Michigan on an internet forum says so. Who needs science and all that stuff, lol.

D:

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join