It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials aren’t having enough babies to keep up with generation before them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Millennials aren’t having enough babies to keep up with generation before them

Who would want to bring a child into a country marching headlong into Fascism.

Not anymore.

Obama is no longer in office and Hillary lost. Your saved.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your argument is a (partisan) fallacy.

I didn't say we were short people. What I said is that we are short on replacement.

Hence, we are not short on people.

And that is where we are heading with a negative replacement rate in our population.

There are more people than jobs. We are not short on people, and won't be.

Programs like Social Security and Medicaid are for those people in their elder years

For people who have paid into their entire lives, and benefit from what they've paid, and which people continue to pay into.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Or maybe they just don't want to be burdened with kids ? Maybe they don't see pro-creation as something they are really driven to do? They don't see the future as a bright shining star, and they can't find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I think it's fine...we don't need to keep procreating at a furious pace...there's not enough jobs nor financial security out there at this point.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The way you just categorized millions of people into 3 or 4 categories makes you a level 5 retard, stop typing and go walk
into oncoming traffic before you get to level 6 brah.
a reply to: SR1TX

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Millennials aren't buying homes either. Between instability and debt, there's really not much room for it, let alone a family trying to survive paycheck to paycheck in an apartment that eventually is turned into condos so the owners can kick out the family and raise the rent, in the city areas where there the majority of jobs exist.

Past studies have estimated that the recession led to a 2.4 percent decrease in the fertility rate, or about 426,850 live births. The recession also slowed the trickle of immigrants to the U.S., and immigrants tend to have more children.

Source

The globalist solution is immigration.

Though they forget after a generation or two the same thing will happen with less children due to the same challenges(especially this one as mentioned in the OP) that generations prior have faced.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If I had a child now, I doubt that the country/world will be a better place in twenty to thirty years.

I truly despise the direction it's all going in, why bring someone else into the mess, even if I can make sure they'll be financially sound.

I guess it's a good thing your ancestors didn't have that mentality when they were struggling to put food in their stomach or finding wood for the fire.

I really don't understand why people such as you think that way. I want to honor my ancestors by keeping the generational genes going in a forward direction. Otherwise what was the struggle to stay alive for?

There is always a struggle. No matter the point in time or the situations in which humanity must endure.

I really feel sorry for your frame of mind on these matters. I hope you get well.
edit on 21-11-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That was an eloquent rebuttal.

Don't feel sorry, it's a personal choice. It also comes with me believing we are over populated.

Between me and you and don't tell anyone
, it's also a bit of selfishness.

I really couldn't stand to see my child(ren) follow this social media whoring and become a drone.

Call it what you'd like, I'll take another path my friend, I promise you it's not me being unwell, rather a decision.

Maybe I'll regret it one day, I'll add it to the list though.the human experience omits pure perfection.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Greven

Regardless of what money is, without enough of it surviving is difficult.

What a nice sound bite.

It doesn't have anything to do with your idea, though:

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
No it is simply mathematics.

More people in the system, less available money in the system.

Again, this is nonsensical.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Oh for f#'s sake.

First, we're overpopulated and need population control because "TOO MANY PEOPLE, ERMAGHERD!"

Now we're underpopulated and 20/30-somethings should be breeding like rabbits?

WILL YOU PEOPLE PICK ONE OR THE OTHER ALREADY? Just pick a claim and fricking stick with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
In Japan the govt. is paying for couples to have children.
Sad thing is both male and female have to work these days.
Child is left with grandparents till parents come home.
Wife and husband sleep in separate rooms so sex is not so common after first or second birth.
Cost a #tt load of money to raise even one child here. I know, daughter grew up here.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
As a Millennial I can tell you there are many reasons why this is happening (not happening?). None are good and you can thank reality TV for it and Social Media.

The ones that are parents parade the kids on FB all day.

The one that are not parents only want to have fun and travel all the time.

The rest are losers that want nothing but to "just be"

They are also heavily medicated for one mythical problem or another that some shrink said they have related to anxiety.

It's a mess.

You missed one of the most important ones out: 24/7 working hours. A lot of people work different hours and long hours so don't get time to see their girlfriends/wives as much as they used to. Also women don't want to have children at a young age now, they want careers and don't care much for long-term relationships!

In any case, I still believe this report to be wrong. Just go out and check your local schools and the children in prams waiting outside with their Mothers, there's still plenty of children being born.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Too many people (millennials?) in this thread talk about the times, economics, etc. aren't suitable for bringing children into the world. You are over-thinking this! You can't plan your entire life so take a plunge off the deep end already and take a few risks. You can't go through life thinking you have it all figured out. Life is tough... deal with it. Who knows, maybe one of your kids will go on to do great things for the benefit of all.

Go forth and and multiply!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You can keep your head stuck in the sand all you want.

The math can't be changed.

If a generation has two parents, and they only have 1 child or no children to replace them as they age, then eventually there will be less people.

In a world where succeeding generations are expected to finance the old age of the preceding ones through their taxes, that means the newer generations with fewer people will be expected to pick up a greater share of the costs of that retirement of the preceding generations.

It is unavoidable. Math tells us this.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't see how this is a problem. I think people just like to bitch about millennials no matter what hypocrisy is involved. I've heard this argument a couple of times now from people that 5 years ago bitched that the world was dying and we were responsible because of overpopulation. Pick one and stay with it.

I really thought the millennial crap would be done with now, other things to be outraged about. Must not be any celebrity witch hunts for sexual predators worth talking about today.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If I had a child now, I doubt that the country/world will be a better place in twenty to thirty years.

I truly despise the direction it's all going in, why bring someone else into the mess, even if I can make sure they'll be financially sound.

I guess it's a good thing your ancestors didn't have that mentality when they were struggling to put food in their stomach or finding wood for the fire.

I really don't understand why people such as you think that way. I want to honor my ancestors by keeping the generational genes going in a forward direction. Otherwise what was the struggle to stay alive for?

There is always a struggle. No matter the point in time or the situations in which humanity must endure.

I really feel sorry for your frame of mind on these matters. I hope you get well.

Agreed. I think young people's expectations are too high. Where did the mindset of having a great career and salary at the start become an expectation? Unless you're born into wealth, you have to earn it. If you think it costs too much or it's too much trouble to have kids then you're being selfish. You should get over yourself. I blame the "me" generation.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that so many of our social programs are based off the idea that the population will always be either growing or at least stable at replacement.

Since this assumes it won't be, then we better start to look at reforming those systems for that reality - something Congress has no will at all to do. That means people like myself will be the ones eventually on the streets if we can't manage to make enough other provisions for our retirement.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I decided against having kids because I wouldnt want to subject another human being to suffering needlessly as we all do

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's a good job not everyone within the age group identifies with the millennial mentality and culture. Quite frankly those who do should not be allowed to breed. They are a cancer on our society.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Thank God for small mercies...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

become native and walk off into the desert to die singing praises to your god and ancestors when you become more of a burden then you are worth????
the parents fear of how they will survive their old age should not be the reason for the parents to want to pressure their kids to plan their lives differently than how they wish. many of their parents watched their retirement funds evaporate not once, but in many cases twice or more in their lifetimes. the homes they had invested in were hit, their iras were hit, all to make a few people rich. and of course, our fine gov't just had to go into their social security funds and drain them... probably also to make a few people rich!!! well, now, for the sake of a few, we have a bunch of kids, who can't find jobs that allow them to support just themselves still living in their aging parents homes and some seem to be telling them that they should be ready and willing to take care of those aging parents when they no longer are able to take care of themselves financially.
personally, I think that economics will necessitate the comeback of the extended family values and more self sufficiency.. which isn't really a bad thing.
at least my kids probably won't be getting kicked to the curb a little bit before retirement age, there won't be as many people entering the labor force to replace them, wages should be alot higher also. that isn't considering the effect that automation will have though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join