It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Finds UK Water Companies use 'Magic' to Find Leaks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: fluff007

there have been tons of experiments done on dowsing. here is one.

So Dawkins debunks dowsing
Or Dawkins debunks a few people

It certainly wasnt a rigorous experiment at all, just a few people in tents

Bit of a Dawkins ego experiment

Bottles of water in buckets

I'm not even going to try and defend myself on this...your right, that was a terrible set up for an experiment.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: fluff007

there have been tons of experiments done on dowsing. here is one.

The water has to be moving or charged for metal dousing rods to work, they will not work on a bottle of water. Flowing electricity in a buried phone line will sometimes be detected too, same with sewer lines.

Whoever set up the test in this video actually made it nearly impossible to work. You detect ions, not the water itself.

They also used ore which is something that dowsers claim they can detect. But couldn't.

Energy has to be flowing through the ore, a piece of it under a box would not work. Also the video with the ore, that guy was wiggling his hand, he was faking it to show what needs to happen. It will not work like that. Energy flows through ores very good. Ore bodies interfere with the compasses up here a lot. Lots of mines in these here hills. Diamond pipes also cause a compass to spin so does magnetite and Jasper. So does flowing water underground, sometimes compasses act really weird.

Energy also flows through clay and trees really well, I have a tester for wires, you send a charge into the system and have another pickup sensor that beeps when it gets a signal. I drilled a hole in a tree and put a copper rod into the hole then tested the branches for signal. I was impressed, I backed away about twenty feet and the tester went off in my hand near the branch from another tree. It was stronger than the signal going through the wiring to the taillight of my car from the fusebox I had done the day before. That is six feet down the tree, twenty feet to the next tree, up the tree about ten feet to the branch that was hanging down and ten feet down that branch approximately.

Electrolytes in the soil are very strong, I got a signal on one about thirty feet away but it was weaker. From research I found that you can hook a wire to the outside of a tree and use that surface charge as an antenna for your TV. I didn't try it, a friend of mine had a coated copper wire from a tree to his house and lightning hit the tree and it burnt his siding in that spot and completely fizzled the copper wire. Trees bring energy from the earth to the sky and sky to the earth. That energy is shuttled through the charge on the outside of the tree, that charge can be tapped to power lcd lights, I looked at a patent a guy got for the lights. He sold his patent for a good amount, but you do not see those lights for sale. Someone bought and buried the technology. It won't produce a lot of power, but you could get LED lights to light your house from a half dozen trees, that energy has to be converted to work, it is low amp and very high frequency but the energy is not effected by light or dark, it is a charge going up the tree on the bark to the sky or vice versa. I did a lot of testing on that a while back too.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Here is another one that uses flowing water.
Out of 50 tries only 11 times did they find the water. That's a success rate of only 21%.
Skip to 2:40 to see the results.

In soil and clay that has been compacted for a while, there is a alignment of electromagnetic properties of the clay and energy flows through the soil/clay/rock along these alignments. They can tell how rocks originally were and judge the age of upheavals by testing the orientation of the magnetic alignment. That is explained in rock geology. If you disturb that, energy flows a different way in rock and the same would be evident in undisturbed soils, energy flows from the earth to the sky. It flows through the electrolytes and the magnetic orientation. This video actually shows cultivated land, they disturbed the soils, it will not work. I buried a gold chain so I can find if the metal detector picked it up. It did not, it is still buried out there, I need to see if it works next summer to test this. I read about this at a geology teaching place years ago. It has been about eight years now, I will see if it works. I had some gold plated tub handles, I buried one of them and dug it up three years later, it was a kohler hot tub handle, twenty four gold plated. The acids in the soil actually disolved some of the gold, meaning it is high nitrogen acid in the soils, pine tree needles I suppose. I was kind of disappointed, I thought before that that gold did not break down but found that nitric acid disolves it after researching it. I now have a test kit for testing metals, I can test gold, silver, and a few others using specially designed acids. My daughter worked with someone buying and selling gold so she bought me a test kit for Christmas. Gold her is often mixed with silver, it is white gold. There have been quite a few gold mines here, chasing big veins. You can find gold in little pieces, but it is not that common anymore, the gold was mostly picked up by oldtimers long ago in the rivers and you could never make a living with it anymore even with the high price of gold. The best veins are already depleted.

sorry for getting off topic.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am a super skeptic but also investigate things and can evaluate if something is real or fake. It took me a lot of time to research ways these things could work, I spent days evaluating what I learned and researched even more to verify if my conclusions were right.

I have never seen a UFO, but I cannot say they do not exist just because I have not observed one. I am still skeptical of UFOs, because I think they are probably advanced military technology or big aircraft corporation test vehicles. Or just the crafts of some advanced human community that lives here on earth, one that did not fight in wars and developed aircraft long ago and can shield their detection from our best technology. I cannot say UFOs do not exist, by definition a UFO is just an identified flying object.

So, do you think I am going to accept the evidence that these skeptics are displaying without actually identifying flaws in the parameters of the test and identifying how energy flows through things? Hell no, some people can make some of the devining rods work. If you want to believe that only what science has already discovered is real than maybe we should stop funding scientific research since people know everything already. Nobody has actually evaluated this kind of stuff properly except some physicists and a geologist who's articles I read. You have to piece together many different types of research sometimes to find out what is happening. The sad part...when I do that and come to a conclusion and type it in correctly I find some scientist already discovered what I figured out. It happens a lot to me, I will never discover anything that someone else has not discovered already.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Still like to see the science behind it, the evidence

Not interested in UFO stories and your opinion on scientific funding and my wallet, just evidence

If you have some, I would like to see it...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Not interested in UFO stories and your opinion on scientific funding and my wallet, just evidence

The science behind it is the same technology behind the meters they use to find water lines in the cities, the water running through the pipe creates an ionic field. The tester picks up on that. It is the same with two metal rods, the body acts as a capacitor and delivers some energy to the rods. I just can't figure out how some people can do it and others can. My brother can do it with great accuracy yet I cannot, you would think we would have similar body chemistry. Although, he has worked in mines much of his working career and there could be some involvement with metal chemistry. My uncle was a rock hound and was always cleaning copper. I know it works, My question is why only certain people have the ability to do it. Something in the mineral makeup of their body is involved. I will try to search for the article written by a physicist that kind of explained it, it may have been on Physics.org.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have tried Dowsing for gold with no luck.

But my metal detector did a great job finding about $200,000 in gold at one mine.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

www.nature.com...

Another one, read down a little on this one to the pizioelectric field one. www.physicsforums.com...

This is a good one. blog.hasslberger.com...

Here is one on use of divining rods in identifying cracks in rock tomwilliamson.co...

If you look in the right direction you can find research on this kind of stuff.

These articles show there is something to it, but they are not sure what the people are sensing or how it works most times. If a person is stressed out or worried they may fail, chances are it will not work. This is some kind of sense that triggers the rods, if you add stress when you are trying to do something, you risk the chance of something going wrong. Ever hear about white coat syndrome and blood pressure, change the blood pressue and it alters how the mind works too.
edit on 22-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

See that part in my post where I asked for evidence
Thats my issue, not maybe me, maybe my brother, testers and caoacitors, thats hearsay

Be great to read the article, thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Rain makin' works real good too.
Promise.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I have tried Dowsing for gold with no luck.

But my metal detector did a great job finding about $200,000 in gold at one mine.

So, did you get rich off of that find? I use a metal detector to find metal, I have an older goldmaster one.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Rain makin' works real good too.
Promise.

Yeah, seeding of clouds is just magic. So is using energy pulses to draw clouds to areas.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The cloud seeders will tell you it works real good...sign this here contract and you're all set. Once you put your money down.

Don't know about those energy pulses though. Is that how dowsing works?

edit on 11/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

www.nature.com...

Another one, read down a little on this one to the pizioelectric field one. www.physicsforums.com...

This is a good one. blog.hasslberger.com...

Here is one on use of divining rods in identifying cracks in rock tomwilliamson.co...

If you look in the right direction you can find research on this kind of stuff.

One report said it was fake, another anyone and everyone can do it and the other

THE DOWSING REACTION ORIGINATES FROM PIEZOELECTRIC EFFECT IN BONE
Was one of many reasons they think it works, but no evidence offered

"Science has made very promising progress on the "easy problem" (Chalmers, 1996) - the working out of the neural mechanisms of behavior and physiological correlates of mental states. However, despite thousands of years of philosophy and over a hundred years of hard science, the "difficult problem" - the issue of how first-person experience, and the raw feels of awareness can accompany the physical processes of neurobiology - remains intractable."

Reference www.physicsforums.com...

So say what you want, its not so easily wrapped up for me as it is for you

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The cloud seeders will tell you it works real good...sign this here contract and you're all set. Once you put your money down.

Don't know about those energy pulses though. Is that how dowsing works?

I wonder if government departments use cloud seeding like they do dowsing?
Of course, we all know better than everyone, smirk

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 22-11-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The feds don't hire cloud seeders. California does.
I think most of their business comes from the private sector, or local governments.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I don't think its magic. Its just something we don't understand at this time.

What is magic? Invisible aliens doing something? Angels?

Flowing water maybe carries a charge?

Yes.
Exactly
Pyramids etc

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The feds don't hire cloud seeders. California does.
I think most of their business comes from the private sector, or local governments.

Alot of international governments use cloud seeding and it works as recorded
But the issue isnt cloud seeding, seeding that does have evidence.

The issue is the scientific evidence for dowsing
I dont see any.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have dowsed for water before and it 100% worked.

I was helping repair a burst water line somewhere between an old farmhouse and the well that was 100 yards away. The excavator handed me his rods and told me to walk around. I was young and he said that young people are more successful at it. I held them loosely and they were just kind of wandering around until I walked over the line. The rods would CLEARLY point in line with the water line. The excavator saw them and stopped me when they lined up because I didn't know what a positive signal looked like. We was very easily able to determine the path of the buried water line. The excavator used a push probe occasionally along the path and found a soft spot and that's where he dug and found the burst pipe.

My story is anecdotal but i know first hand that it works. It would have been like finding a needle in a haystack that is 5 ft underground had the divining rods not worked.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

I have dowsed for water before and it 100% worked.

So, a 0% failure rate.
That's impressive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join