It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Sexual Corruption Like Ancient Roman Lifestyle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks
The folks that I pointed out lived in the simplest of societies, the Africans you are pointing to do not and never had been, these societies are not organized in any hierarchy at all, abuse came from power over others.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

and my point to you is this - men are stronger, faster, more aggressive and very sexually motivated.

In what society, at any point in history, do these facts not result in an imbalance of power???

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

and my point to you is this - men are stronger, faster, more aggressive and very sexually motivated.

In what society, at any point in history, do these facts not result in an imbalance of power???

Yes but in those societies, divisions of labor while different were not looked upon as inferior or superior ,there were no male dominance, things such as rape ,crime against each other is unheard of, baring outside influence off course.. ie.."civilization'.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

do not kid yourself. Just because you don't have a name for rape and a judicial system to punish rapists, it does not mean that rape does not occur.

it is in human nature to devalue that which you do not respect, including the value of woman's work. Woman's work is always see as "easier" because it takes less physical strength. It is in man's nature to respect only those beings that can whup the tar out of him.

You keep talking and I keep asking for concrete examples. Either provide at least one or I will assume that you are merely stating your hopes, ideals etc and not any reality that actually exists.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

That's just you projecting our ways onto them, the nature of their society is egalitarian, females and males are equal.. Go to New World Encyclopedia look up Pygmy.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

ok I will give this point to yoou

www.theguardian.com...

According to the data he began collecting more than two decades ago, Aka fathers are within reach of their infants 47% of the time - that's apparently more than fathers in any other cultural group on the planet, which is why Fathers Direct has decided to dub the Aka "the best dads in the world". What's fascinating about the Aka is that male and female roles are virtually interchangeable. While the women hunt, the men mind the children; while the men cook, the women decide where to set up the next camp. And vice versa: and it's in this vice versa, says Hewlett, that the really important message lies. "There is a sexual division of labour in the Aka community - women, for example, are the primary caregivers," he says. "But, and this is crucial, there's a level of flexibility that's virtually unknown in our society. Aka fathers will slip into roles usually occupied by mothers without a second thought and without, more importantly, any loss of status - there's no stigma involved in the different jobs." Advertisement One especially riveting facet of Aka life is that women are not only just as likely as their men to hunt, but are even sometimes more proficient as hunters. Hitherto, it has usually been assumed that, because of women's role as gestators and carers of the young, hunting was historically a universally male preserve: but in one study Hewlett found a woman who hunted through the eighth month of her pregnancy and was back at work with her nets and her spears just a month after giving birth. Other mothers went hunting with their newborns strapped to their sides, despite the fact that their prey, the duiker (a type of antelope), can be a dangerous beast.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If only we could copy their supposedly "uncivilized" ways into ours, with our neutron bombs and stripe toothpaste..forgot who said that.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Not really, while it did took place, sometimes it was frowned upon , if you were thinking of the Greeks, then yeah that'd be a thing among them.

Not exactly.

It was tolerated so long as it was not done openly. Everyone knew it was happening. You just didn't flaunt it.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Even among US Presidents. *cough*Jefferson*cough*

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Though I don't recall any particular references to sexual dominance and such, but a good book regarding today's similarities to Rome is "Are We Rome?" by Cullen Murphy in 2007. It's a good read.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join