It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Dem. Rep. John Conyers Accused!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not much of a denial. Let's see the payroll records, it should be self evident.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Conyers, who answered the door at his Detroit home, told The Associated Press that he knows nothing about any claims of inappropriate touching and learned of the story from television just hours earlier.

It is the classic Obama defense!

I heard about it on the news!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I love how some of these reps are scrambling to introduce a bill to stop these payouts, as if they didn't know that was going on all this time and turned a blind eye to it. Now that it's in the news it's an opportunity to look like you're a crusader for justice. What would have been courageous would have been to fix it before it became a story.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
These democrats always like to
point the finger (like they fired
their mouths off about trump) now
comes to bite them in the ass forgetting
there is always three fingers pointing back.
Serves them all.. ahaha

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What adds insult to injury, may be that Paul Ryan helped cover it up within the House apparatus.

It's coming out now because Republicans want to cut Moore loose but they're not willing to do so without anything in return. They want to make a trade, Moore for a Democrat. It doesn't really matter who, or what they did. Only that someone goes down.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Just be like Mike Pence and never, ever go anywhere without your wife.

Or just don't be a scumbag.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
My wife is out of town for a few days. What can I do to assure an air-tight alibi, in case someone accuses me banging bimbos in the house during her absence?

Well, not banging bimbos would be a good start. Most people mess up on that step it seems.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What adds insult to injury, may be that Paul Ryan helped cover it up within the House apparatus.

It's coming out now because Republicans want to cut Moore loose but they're not willing to do so without anything in return. They want to make a trade, Moore for a Democrat. It doesn't really matter who, or what they did. Only that someone goes down.

Cut him loose how? Just about everyone has already come out saying he should pull out of the race. They can't actually do anything else until he gets in the Senate, and they're already talking about expelling him once he gets there. If that happens he'll just be replaced by another Republican. There's no need for any of the smoke and mirrors.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What kind of crazy nut statement is that?

Are you suggesting Conyers is totally innocent ?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Anyone heard of the "The USA Liberty Act"???

Bills like this are the reason why encryption is important, and why you shouldn't be compelled to turn over decryption keys.

Encryption is the weapon in this day and age to protecting yourself. Far more than any gun for violent crimes. Information crimes happen way more often, and encryption is how we stop it.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I didn't want to be "that guy", well. . . okay. I did want to be "that guy".

If WE know about it, the media knows about it, then Trump HAS to know about it.

Why the #### isn't HE doing something about it!

Trump has very limited powers here. IF he knows about it (and that's an if), the only real thing he can do to stop it given the Presidents powers is to open ethics investigations and compel them to resign. Trumps biggest weapon here is attempting to primary these people. That only works for members of his own party, who are up for reelection, and in at risk seats though... so roughly 1/4 for cases statistically.

Most likely, Trumps powers are even more limited because what these men did isn't criminal, so he can't direct the justice department to do anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Cut him loose how? Just about everyone has already come out saying he should pull out of the race. They can't actually do anything else until he gets in the Senate, and they're already talking about expelling him once he gets there. If that happens he'll just be replaced by another Republican. There's no need for any of the smoke and mirrors.

Expelling him is still an if, and still 2 months away. That's an eternity in scandal time. They'll only expel him at that point if there's sufficient political pressure to do so. If the stories quietly go away, they'll do nothing. If the Republicans can get their pound of flesh in the exchange and trade Moore for someone (ideally, someone high ranking or popular), they'll be more likely to expel him. I doubt many in the Senate actually want to work with Moore, he seems like an even more miserable human being to be around than Ted Cruz, but they're nothing if not pragmatic and if they can't actually get something for getting rid of him, they'll probably put up with him for a year, and try to primary him in 2018 instead.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No. I think he's guilty. But, everyone on the inside already knew he's guilty and they didn't previously expel him for poor conduct. That doesn't change now, because if they expel one member for using that slush fund, they're going to have to expel many members.

It's basically a matter of finding who an acceptable trade is for both sides.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Expelling him is still an if, and still 2 months away. That's an eternity in scandal time. They'll only expel him at that point if there's sufficient political pressure to do so. If the stories quietly go away, they'll do nothing. If the Republicans can get their pound of flesh in the exchange and trade Moore for someone (ideally, someone high ranking or popular), they'll be more likely to expel him. I doubt many in the Senate actually want to work with Moore, he seems like an even more miserable human being to be around than Ted Cruz, but they're nothing if not pragmatic and if they can't actually get something for getting rid of him, they'll probably put up with him for a year, and try to primary him in 2018 instead.

You don't think it's a contradiction to say you doubt many in the Senate want to work with him, but if the story quiets down they won't expel him? It's a pretty convenient excuse to expel him, whether it remains a story or not. And if recent events are any indication this story isn't going anywhere. It would also be very dangerous politically to not try to expel him. It will be in every Democrat campaign ad in 2018 that they left a child molester in their midst.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If people show they don't care about the story enough to keep it an issue until election day, it won't be enough of a reason to expel him.

A few days ago I thought Moore was done after this. Looking at the polling results now though, I'm not so sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The story about the slush fund came out first, well ahead of the Conyers story.

Someone knew that Mike Cernovich got a hold of the documents.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: interupt42

I think we should play it safe and just get rid of all current politicians and Hollywood executives.

Its a sacrifice I'm willing to make .

Becoming a eunuch should become a prerequisite for entering Congress.

Well crap, there goes my plan to run...

Just be like Mike Pence and never, ever go anywhere without your wife.

My wife is out of town for a few days. What can I do to assure an air-tight alibi, in case someone accuses me banging bimbos in the house during her absence?

Invite your Mother-in-law to visit with you while spouse is gone. Stick to her like glue the whole time.

Make a huge batch of rum balls and have a good time the whole time spouse is away!

Des

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No. I think he's guilty. But, everyone on the inside already knew he's guilty and they didn't previously expel him for poor conduct. That doesn't change now, because if they expel one member for using that slush fund, they're going to have to expel many members.

Unsure if this has been posted yet, but another Woman with filed court documents from a harassment allegations in the past. Just on FOX News they have certified court documents in hand. Is this dirty old man is about to get run over by the Karma Bus. Maxine Waters came to his defense today basically painting him as a Saint. LOL!!!

Des
edit on 21-11-2017 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Unsure if this has been posted yet, but another Woman with filed court documents from a harassment allegations in the past. Just on FOX News they have certified court documents in hand. Is this dirty old man is about to get run over by the Karma Bus. Maxine Waters came to his defense today basically painting him as a Saint. LOL!!!

Des

If you look at his and his wife's history in Detroit politics, its easy to believe almost any negative thing reported about John Conyers. This "lucky" guy married his 25 year old wife (Monica), when he was 61.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Even John Conyers hometown newspaper, the Detroit Free Press, is calling for his resignation now.

Many House Democrats have stopped short of calling for Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) to resign in the wake of sexual harassment allegations against him.

But the congressman’s hometown newspaper, the Detroit Free Press, did not hold back, publishing an editorial online late Tuesday that urged the senior Democratic lawmaker to step down immediately.

Conyers’s alleged sexual harassment and use of taxpayer dollars to settle a claim “is the kind of behavior that can never be tolerated in a public official, much less an elected representative of the people,” the news outlet’s Editorial Board wrote.

“And it means that whatever Conyers’ legacy will eventually be, his tenure as a member of Congress must end — now.”
SOURCE ARTICLE: www.washingtonpost.com... tm_term=.25c9d53485d8

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join