It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson - morally/ethically wrong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
his brain should be dissected

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Ha! That's the first thing my wife said when I told her about his death.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

the same way hitler could be tried for crimes against humanity for ordering the deaths of people etc

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Germany decided recently that Hitlers Mein Kampf could be sold again as a transparent academic version.

www.bbc.com...

January third was the reported death of Alois Shicklgruber (Hitlers father) and the date (1889) Nietzsche was declared insane.

edit on 21-11-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think people are forgetting that not only was he convicted for conspiracy to murder he also actually killed people himself for which he was found guilty of at least 2 (I think) first degree murders that he did himself.

He was clearly insane and a danger to others.

A psycho murderer, completely insane, and directly/indirectly responsible for death and suffering of others. That's not being judgmental, it's just fact.

Why the debate?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It's akin to saying that Pablo escobar was a nice person because he built a housing estate for the poor of medellin
but still killed hundreds of people by proxy

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

True. It's just bleedin' obvious to anyone with half a brain that CM thoroughly deserved being locked up forever.

What next - Ted Bundy was really a nice chap, just a bit misunderstood?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
he was culpable in the murders its the same as hiring a hitman to kill someone! i believe it involves "intent" like if you are the driver in a bank robbery and one of the robbers kills a bank teller the whole gang faces the same penalty! he was the mastermind of the murders! and his "family" always seemed to me like they were possesed or drugged out of it somehow
anyway he seemed to have some kind of hold on them from news reports about them at the time! he was an odd fish and seemed sort of scary to me! best he's gone

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think this is an interesting thread, in that everyone is debating the idea of finding some compassion for Charles Manson, but nobody has proposed even a wisp of a reason why he might be considered at all mistreated or misunderstood.

If there's any form of evidence that he was at all 'scapegoated' for something he didn't do, let's be seeing it.

Because I think that most people would probably agree, if push came to shove, that Manson was a rabid and committed evildoer and that life imprisonment was the kindest thing anyone could or should have done for him. People like Manson test my opposition to the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

How many people did Hitler Kill? Or Stalin?

The intent is where the guilt lies, not the actual act.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join