It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Steam Powered Rocket Sponsored by Research Flat Earth and a Ghost Town

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

The rest of us are the winners for having our gene pool kept pure and uncontaminated by impure body fluids!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

i dont believe in science , but .................

comedy gold

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok, I'm gonna come right out and ask.

Is this an "Acme" rocket?
And is his "flight engineer" a coyote by any chance?

Because I'm thinking the success rate is going to be pretty similar. Without all the fun cartoony noises.

On the bright side, he'll probably drive himself deep enough into the ground, his family will only need to pay for a headstone and not a full funeral.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If he doesnt understand science good likely hood hes going to die. H202 could create enough steam but it doesnt sound like he understands chemistry and would use peroxide. Meaning he will get limited thrust as potential energy of steam cooling is limited, trying to heat water to launch anything is highly inefficient and he needs probably around 4000 jules to get that thing off thee ground. He should use propane instead at least he could get the thrust he needs. H202 would be even more efficient and give him the ability to control the reaction. Steam you have no control he will use all his thrust immediately. Might as well make a steam catapult

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

meh ever see mythbusters launch a water heater

ineffective maby but it certainly will get him off the ground

now has anyone seen a wet parrashoot work properly

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Talking flat out ,steampunk on its best..

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, heck. I'm working Sat, but I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Oh you Flat Earthers... bringin' the comedy!

Good luck to him though. He's either very, very brave, or very, very out of his gourd!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Steam rockets have been around for quite some time. They are a monofuel rocket, meaning that you only need one tank for fuel.
The fuel used is hydrogen peroxide that is decomposed into steam and oxygen when it is exposed to a catalyst in the engine, releasing explosive energy.
ETA:
I know that he isn't using that technology, just saying that steam tockets are a real thing.
edit on b000000302017-11-20T17:55:47-06:0005America/ChicagoMon, 20 Nov 2017 17:55:47 -0600500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
His website is

madmikehughes.com...

It's hard to argue with the "mad" part, and he seems proud of it. I don't know why the flat earth society is financing it though, he won't be able to get a picture of the turtles holding up the flat earth unless he gets a lot higher than 1800 feet. All I have is this drawing:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Think it be easier to peek over the edge dont you think?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Well someone who doesn't believe in science flying in a rocket....... Okie dokie.

People really don't think about what they say. "I don't believe in science" if that were the casr you should strip down to nothing and head out to the middle of no where. You cannot use tools you cannot build a fire you cannot farm. Why? It was the scientific method that allowed for thoae things to be possible. (Even though at the time it wasn't seen as science)

But who knows many gravity will remind him of its existence during his ride.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How will he be able to prove a flat earth when he is only going about a mile up? I'm confused....

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He would be better off renting a Cessna at the airport. They can get up to 15,000 feet and you have time to see that the earth is round. Don't know what you can see in a steam rocket that can only reach 1800 feet. Maybe the grim reaper?

Heck I have been up on mountains that are higher then this Darwin award contestant wants to go.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
if i had 20,000 extra dollars to spend on a rocket, i would fly it to uranus.

this guy is brilliant on so many levels. i love it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

He's going a mile laterally. He's only going 1800 feet vertically. He claims he eventually wants to go to space.
edit on 11/22/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Has he static tested that thing? Flight tested a model first?

You ask me, uncapping that steam bottle, that thing will go end over end like a pinwheel before flattening him into the ground.

Maybe he won't ride it the first time...?
edit on 22-11-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

How does he think formulas are derived? What a clown. And 1800 feet? He could rent a plane that would take him a whole lot higher.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Why doesn't anyone go the edge of the disc, peer over, and take a pic?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

For 20,000 he could rent an f-16 for several hours.

There are buildings taller than that. The tokyo skytree is over 2,000 ft tall.

I do like how he wrote research on the side. I guess that is honest advertising.
edit on 22-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join