It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Charles Manson Dead at 83

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I agree with the sentiments posted prior.

This death came way too late, and cost tax payers way too much money.

I could have saved California a crap load of money and never blinked an eye.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm pretty sure he got the death penalty but the courts ruled it invalid or unconstitutional..something like that, the sentence was then commuted to life.

That's how I remember it, too. He was sentenced to death, as the death penalty was legal in California at the time of his conviction, and it was commuted to life when California abolished the death penalty on a state level some time later.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'll expound a little...
Charlie spent a great deal of his youth imprisoned...
A month before he was released he begged not to be put back into society...
He said he wouldn't be able to restrain himself that he would even do much worse things...He wanted to stay behind bars forever...

This knowledge would have been well known by authorities which would make him a perfect candidate for mkultra...
But what's more it was his persona which would seal the deal... You see even at the age of 6 when Charlie was in school he could make girls do what he wanted...
The best known example is when he got a group of girls to beat up a bully he didn't like... His defense to the principal was you can't blame me for the things other people do...
He really honed this skill later on through the teachings of pimps while imprisoned...
But his charisma and control was not limited to women alot of men were also lost in the thought projections he would expose them to...
Many famous musicians of that time have attested to this fact...
Neil Young was quite fascinated by him for one but Brian Wilson the drummer of the beach boys spent over a hundred thousand dollars on the Manson family and also let them stay with him for a time... What is less known is that the beach boys actually recorded a song which was written by Charlie... only a few words and the title was changed...
Anyway this control he possessed over others the fact he was an individual already set apart from society these would make Charlie a perfect candidate to lead a long term mind control experiment with rather specific parameters...
It is rather well known that Charlie always administered the acid doses placing it in the mouth of every individual...

edit on 20-11-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Why should he be executed. His behavior was not normal. There was something wrong with him upstairs. Do you think it correct to murder people because they have an illness.. Sounds like something out of Nazi Germany. What is wrong with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
He should have been executed years ago, along with others who are currently serving life sentences who have committed heinous cold blooded murder. Why should law abiding and decent people have to pay to feed and house this kind of evil for years? An immediate death penalty should be sentenced when there's overwhelming evidence of guilt.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

all I can say is .......good!!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

One slight correction. It was Denis Wilson, not Brian that befriended Manson. Other than that, spot on.

I have often wondered what his total marriage proposal tally is. As we know all notorious male criminals are always the object of mass female admiration and swooning, but Manson must have been a leader in the criminal groupie stakes.
edit on 20-11-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I feel sorry for his daughter Marilyn.

Second

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Good Riddance.

Still a minor criminal compared to heads of state.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Manson popped hippy America's cherry of naivete regarding human nature. It was dirty job but someone was bound to do it.

People idolize Manson for all kinds of moronic reasons, including his ultra-insipid songwriting.

For me he is iconic of all that is sick and doomed about America's media culture, based as it is on the worship -- intentional or not -- of superficial beauty and aggressive, self-centered passion. Some Americans make a rebellious point of loving sick, self-destructive mediocrity.

Charles Manson was the incarnation of sick, self-destructive mediocrity. There I said it.

The fact that he lived to 83 is indicative of the fact that the American tendency have a love affair with its own sick underbelly will not die quickly -- but it will die someday.

May it be so, and may all beings be happy.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So take him apart and study his genetics, and specifically his brain.
I do not think he was part of some form of MKUltra but rather an L.S.D. induced psychosis with narcissistic sociopathic patterns exacerbated by his lifestyle and the people he chose to surround himself with.

He should have never been put into prison but rather scientific studies. What did we learn from having him coddled in prison?
edit on am1130amMon, 20 Nov 2017 07:47:15 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ShatteredKingdom
a reply to: carewemust

How can you say that in all honesty??

Because GOD is in full control. Once you give Satan a piece of the pie, then GOD is no longer in full control.

Now, if you believe that Satan uses some of Gods children to kill other children of God, that wouldn't put our father God in a good light, would it.

God seems to be pro-choice. Because based on human experiments, there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will.

Charles Manson was a really evil person. A lot of people wanted to see him executed. There are many people who believe state executions are dangerous because many times innocent people are put to death by system inherently flawed because human beings are flawed. I think life in prison is a much better choice for society. I would prefer Charles Manson suffer as long as possible for his sins. Being in prison when you are in your 70s is not exactly milk and cookies. I'm fine with him not being executed.

That said, God is good because we are generally good by human nature. We are a reflection of God. Man is a measure of all things. Sure, there's tons of evil in the world. At any given moment there is an equal amount of evidence in both God's blessings and curses. I think each of us decides how we see the world. This goes to the root of why Manson was evil in the first place. Manson saw the world through a particular lens that was dark and evil. He acted on his view which is why he ended up in prison.

Most people are more positive than Manson. If you look the right way you will see endless amounts of God's blessings in the world. There's so much to be positive about if you are willing to see it. As bad and evil as Manson was in the World it means nothing. Manson was just a twisted soul dark and evil. In spite of him and his life, the World is doing just fine. In the grand scheme of it all Manson was just a little man with very little or practically no power over the glory of God and beauty of the people.

edit on 20-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Here's why:

ONE IN 25 SENTENCED TO DEATH IN THE U.S. IS INNOCENT, STUDY CLAIMS

I want justice too. But I don't want blood thirsty animals like yourself running the government by executing a single innocent person.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Will God forgive him and let him through the gates of heaven?

I'm an atheist so I'm going with worm food.

But perhaps those more religious could speak to it: Even if say he confessed his sins, would it be enough? Thats assuming he is a christian

As horrible as it sounds, if he were truly, truly repentant and actually accepted all the horrible things he did and felt the horror of them that he was wrong and felt the true guilt for them ... I would have to say yes.

I would also have to say that given some of the things I have heard him ramble recently, what are the odds of that?

You have to truly accept, recognize, and feel the remorse and shame and guilt for what you did and surrender all of yourself up for mercy.

It's not as easy as a lot of people seem to think. You can't simply say "God forgive me and I accept Jesus" and have a get out of jail free card.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I wanted to find out where the words helter-skelter came from.

It's rumored that Manson was inspired by the Beatles song of the same name. But he may have known the original meaning, I'm not sure on that part.

However, the Beatles did use the phrase in the song of the same name. The song was a reference to a carnival ride of the same name which was like a roller coaster type thing.

The actual definition of the word is about confusion and disorder. So, it's kind of cyclical I guess that it came back around to what Manson was using for. The war between whites and blacks he "foresaw" and wanted to escalate.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I guess i see it in a different way than most. Manson is now technically free, he is no longer bound by the restrictions man has placed on him. That fact alone should scare a lot of people, if in fact something does go on after death. The madman is no longer behind bars...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
All souls are forgiven..
No exception

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Where will this go next.. ? Manson ghost sightings, especially at the Prison.

Of course not - that's silly. He's been spotted at the Burger King with Elvis!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I want justice too. But I don't want blood thirsty animals like yourself running the government by executing a single innocent person.

Rubin " Hurricane " Carter comes to mind.

So Charlie has served his sentence. I think a point is being missed here.
Something we can all take away from this really very sad story despite
the lack of sympathy. We everyone of us. Should at least pause just a
moment, to remind ourselves that life itself, is a death sentence.

edit on Ram112017v52201700000050 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thankfully his time has finally come. I hope that among others, Sharon Tate, and her precious unborn child haunt his remaining soul and spirit for the rest of eternity in the afterlife.

-Alee

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join