It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany bans kids smartwatches, asks parents to destroy them

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Which is a bad thing, privacy-like. The kids have a right to that, too!

Totally agree. Not sure people ranting on have paused to think.

I think some people would complain if Google et al were told to stop collecting all this data on us.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What is wrong with warning from spying devices?

Not that it would make any sense, every kid has a spyPhone in his hands, 24/7, nowadays, these spying devices need to be banned too, if you want to protect your people! But no, no warnings and a "visit us on Facebook for further questions of your data security"...

Nothing is wrong with warning the people from Big Brother devices!
But to be taken serious you should warn the people of all that stuff, not only cheap watches that spy on the people.
Where are the warnings from Alexa and all these listening devices, where are the warnings of smart-whatever stuff that spies on you, where are the warnings of listening and watching gaming boxes, etc, etc? Where are the warnings from foreign data leeches like Google, Facebook and all those spying companies?

No, if you watch TV, listen to radio, read newspapers, you will be bombed with Ads for any spying stuff one can buy nowadays. You will be lured to Facebook everywhere, at least they try to lure you there. If even the police doesn´t see any necessity to have own websites but outsource everything to Facebook, so NSA and Co can read live what´s happening here, how should a german citizen take these "protectors" like the Bundesnetzagentur serious?

I don´t like the Bundesnetzagentur, because it´s for the companies, not the people!
But every warning from Big Brother devices is a necessary warning, even coming from the Bundesnetzagentur!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The only way to protect ourselves from spying is to stop finding smart devices so interesting. Not gonna happen.
edit on 20-11-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yes.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

It's funny that people are strongly against being spied on, but when a government agency tells people they are using an illegal spying device they don't like it.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

It's harder for them to brainwash your children in to being good little globalists if parents get to see what they are teaching.
Mustn't have anyone spying on the state.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: pheonix358

It's harder for them to brainwash your children in to being good little globalists if parents get to see what they are teaching.

But when you talk to your children and look through their schoolwork you know what they are being taught.

This device would allow the parent of a child to listen in on other parent's children in the class, playground, bathroom etc as well as the teacher.

As a parent, i find that unacceptable.
edit on 20-11-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's a bit odd that they would go against a multi billion corporation by asking Parents to destroy their creation. Am I the only one that noticed that?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So in other words,we can all be spied on but when it comes to those in higher authority... they can't be spied on.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Are you thinking about Apple, Samsung, etc? Those are not targeted.

Because I think its VTech or comparable cheap produced items. These watches are specifically designed as an "emergency and tracking device for kids".

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Who said they want to keep those tracking-watches? No one in this thread, as far as I can see.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Some people might call it selective corporatism !!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Id like the world to ban mental and physical torture paid into by corporate and government.

Thats right..big middy finger to them.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I didn't say they wanted to keep the watches, I only said that they don't like it, "it" being the idea they people should not use devices that allows them to spy other people.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I don't know how things are in Germany, but in Portugal it's illegal to monitor people with electronic devices on their work place.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I know this is a conspiracy board. And I know government is always evil etc.
BUT
it´s not because they are smart watches.

Some of the theories here are laughable because they are not thought through and are based on false translations and lacking reading comprehension.

The reason is, and this is also the reason why stealth cameras, camouflaged as innocent items were banned, you can record conversations without everyone knowing. With these things, parents can activate the microphone and listen to conversations.

I know it has a safety intent but as long as the law that this decission is based on is not optimized for such equipment, the judges had the follow the law! Now... if this device would have an LED and made it clear via symbolic or word that when the LED is on will make clear it´s recording... It would have been totally fine.

It´s a two edged sword. Safety or privacy, as always.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Parents only want to keep a track of their kiddies' whereabouts at any given time of the day when they are away from home.

If the laws and justice system would look out for them and punish predator paedophiles as they're supposed to do to keep little children from coming to harm, then parents wouldn't see the need to resort to such devices. It is very common for child-abusers and predatory paedophiles to work in jobs where they are surrounded by children.

The entertainment industry, politics, education, sports industry, social services, child-care industry, youth clubs, etc, are crawling with clever, cunning predatory sex-criminals. The ones in charge running things are usually the worst offenders, wolves in sheep's clothing.

The authorities don't want parents listening in on their kids being groomed by paedophile teachers. Don't want to be heard threatening kids to not tell or else. Because then we'll all know how much the authorities actually cover up, protect, and enable these vile creatures, or just how rife paedophilia actually is.

However prolific you imagine paedophilia to be, it's actually much much worse.

I survived it.

#metoo

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Very interesting. All kinds of devices prepping society to spy on each other these days, until zero-privacy becomes normalized.

I noticed the other day our local discount/clearance store chain was selling the Amazon Alexa for 60 bucks. I told my wife that now they have sucked some $$$ out of the "early adopters", they're pushing to get these things in everybody's home. I wouldn't be surprised if they started a "free with rebate" program soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know people that work on the original Onstar system. If I recall the police don't need a warrant to locate your vehicle just a number to return a call to. They can listen in even if you don't have it activated. You used to be able to cut the antenna but now it's all in the radio and the entire car.

People are easy to track.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You all don't get it do you? Oh yes, the parents can track their children, know where they are at any given moment, even listen to their conversations. Very good heh. NO, NO, NO again. Now really think, if any paedophiles got hold of these frequencies. They wouldn't have to search for these kids they would know where they were at any given time.
THAT'S why they want them banned.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join